ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Three-star WR Terrell Carey enjoys Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Three-star WR enjoys Iowa visit
Blair Sanderson | Editor

ltkk4meh7hp5lh6nflra

Class of 2017 wide receiver Terrell Carey visited Iowa today.
Rivals.com

As a junior, three-star wide receiver Terrell Carey put up good numbers at Madison (WI) West High School with 44 catches for 770 yards and 5 touchdowns. That kind of production has drawn plenty of recruiting interest for the 6-foot-1, 185-pound Carey, including a couple of early offers. On Sunday, Carey had a chance to visit one of the schools still evaluating him, the Iowa Hawkeyes, and learn more about their interest. We caught up with the Wisconsin native to get the latest.

Q: How was the visit to Iowa today?

CAREY: It was by far my favorite university out of them all. They had so much to offer and so many winning connections. They know how to win and the coaches keep it real.

Q: What were some of the highlights for you?

CAREY: I had a wonderful time seeing the whole the university and the whole weight room. All of the facilities being new, that’s probably what stood out to me the most and the coaches too.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what did they have to say?

CAREY: Coach Kennedy, the wide receivers coach, and Coach Wallace. They said they want me to come back up there for a spring practice, so I might come up with Toren Young (Iowa commit) sometime. Coach Kennedy told me how he’s been watching my film and really likes me as a player.

Q: What is their interest level like right now do you think?

CAREY: I’ve been hearing a lot from them and talking a lot with Coach Seth Wallace, so I really like them.

Q: Do you have a top five or anything like that at the moment?

CAREY: Yeah. Notre Dame, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Iowa.

Q: Being from Madison, how much have you heard from Wisconsin so far?

CAREY: They’ve been talking to me about not worrying about an offer right now. They said I should get it, it’s just a matter of time probably.

Q: What are the offers you have right now?

CAREY: Buffalo and Purdue.

Q: Where do you head next? What else do you have for visits or places you would like to get to?

CAREY: My next visit might be March 19 to Notre Dame. After that, I don’t have anything else planned right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News