ADVERTISEMENT

Through two games, I want to apologize

ddelzell

HB MVP
Aug 21, 2005
Prior to the season starting, I was extremely worried that Iowa's LB's would be subpar at best. I went so far as to argue with another poster who expected them to be very improved, while I argued that, even if they improved, they were so inferior to begin with that it wouldn't make much of a difference. So far, I have been surprised by their collective effort and, it seems, a growing sense of confidence.

I got to thinking about the Pitt game this weekend and it occurred to me that the 2015 edition of the defense seems to be improving as the game progresses. The more success they have, the more confident they become. I can see how this confidence will carry over game to game so, by the time the B1G starts, Iowa's defense will hopefully be a force to be reckoned with.

I don't think I'm quite ready to anoint them the "Bullies of the Big Ten" again, yet. I still wonder how they'll respond to any adversity they might face. If they fall behind by a couple of touchdowns early, how will they respond? Still, this seems like a unit that plays well together. I can't help but feel that maybe there's a little magic spell that can surprise the most tarnished fan, like me.

I also want to be on record as admitting that I was too pessimistic in my forecast and attitude. I'm not going to knee jerk into any fits of rage should the Hawks lose. There's a light in this team that I didn't see a year ago. Win, or lose, I'm going to keep my eyes open and enjoy this team.

Go Hawks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News