ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Night Practice Photos

Where is Justin Britt in his recovery from injury. It sounded like he was a huge get in recruiting, and I have been excited to see what he becomes.

Where is Justin Britt in his recovery from injury. It sounded like he was a huge get in recruiting, and I have been excited to see what he becomes.

We would have to wait for a coach's update to be sure, but looks like he is practicing. I wouldn't expect much this year, would be good to just let him practice/recover and then start to be a factor in the following years.

There have been several pictures of him over the last week or so mixing it up. He is #63 on the OL. Big knee brace under the pads, but I think most OL go with those anymore.

We would have to wait for a coach's update to be sure, but looks like he is practicing. I wouldn't expect much this year, would be good to just let him practice/recover and then start to be a factor in the following years.

There has been some talk that he is standing out in a very good oline class. Britt, Miller, Fenske, Endres and DeJong could be one of the best group in years. Blair was impressed in particular with Endres at the kid's day scrimmage.

There has been some talk that he is standing out in a very good oline class. Britt, Miller, Fenske, Endres and DeJong could be one of the best group in years. Blair was impressed in particular with Endres at the kid's day scrimmage.

I really like the trajectory of the o-line recruiting. Every guy they are bringing in is closer to ready physically than I've seen before. Not all of them will become good, of course, but more depth in skill and talent.

Reactions: millhawk
Yeah, Britt is somewhat surprisingly full go in practice and looks like a good one. Playing both guard and center. Media asked KF about him after practice on Saturday and KF said he really likes his attitude. Tough, hard nosed player.
Expected he'd be good. Just not this season. Interesting. Thanks!

I really like the trajectory of the o-line recruiting. Every guy they are bringing in is closer to ready physically than I've seen before. Not all of them will become good, of course, but more depth in skill and talent.

I would have said that not all would (will) become GREAT. The last two OL classes have been increasly better starting quality. Class of '18 (Plumb, Ince, Jenkins, and now Linderbaum are getting major reps. Class of '19 is probably a class that will compare to the Baby Bulls under Hayden Fry. Josh Volk could be good enough to see two deep if he graduates HS in December and move to campus for Spring football (Maybe I hyping too much). Yahya Black could be something very special. Class of 2021 OL looks like the beginning of an all time recruiting catch. Dunker is scheduled for a ranking improvement and Colby is marked as a special OL recruit. Iowa's OLU moniker could be engraved into Kinnick permeantly.

Who ever got trucked by Shadrick Byrd in that picture would have serious grass stains if it was natural grass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT