ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets left for Kent State?

Ripcord280

HR All-State
Aug 30, 2016
sorry about the rudimentary nature of this post, but I rarely get to Kinnick and am coming thru this weekend.

does anybody know what is left? I need something decent ( preferably not end zone or cornerof end zone)
last time I just went to carver Hawkeye arena andit worked out ok. got tickets onthe 20

Buy tickets right before kickoff from a scalper. There will be tons available and they will be dirt cheap.

You can literally sit where you want...
I get we are in a pandemic.
I get tickets are expensive.
I get we all are lazy and want to stay home.

#5 team in the nation and attendance will be pretty poor. Hoping for 55k...

https://hawkeyesports.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:IOWA:F21:F02:&linkID=uiowa&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FBSG&cgc=&dataAccId=431&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_uiowa

There will be more than 55K. My guess is 60,000.

How do the scalpers work now that it's primarily etickets?
I was wondering this myself 2 weeks a go. It's not "primarily etickets". It's ALL etickets. I saw a few guys waving paper but it was made clear that NO PAPER would be accepted. There are electronic ways to transfer tickets but why go through a scalper.

From what I see, if you want to the game, get on StubHub as that is where the Iowa tickets are available. You should be able to pick up good tickets for cheap by now. I just don't know that it's viable to just show up and buy cheap anymore (if it is, someone else will have to share their experience). Not a big deal this weekend but in 3 weeks with Penn State........

I was wondering this myself 2 weeks a go. It's not "primarily etickets". It's ALL etickets. I saw a few guys waving paper but it was made clear that NO PAPER would be accepted. There are electronic ways to transfer tickets but why go through a scalper.

From what I see, if you want to the game, get on StubHub as that is where the Iowa tickets are available. You should be able to pick up good tickets for cheap by now. I just don't know that it's viable to just show up and buy cheap anymore (if it is, someone else will have to share their experience). Not a big deal this weekend but in 3 weeks with Penn State........
You could request paper tickets. For example people without smart phones needed a way to get in.

I bought a couple Penn State tickets just a couple weeks ago from the schools website.

I doubt any game will be sold out until very close to Gameday.

I didn't notice any scalpers for the Indiana game, which was odd. I'm sure they were around, just fewer in number and not as obvious.

Yes, there are paper tickets. I know a guy who has them. The guy in front me at the game had them. If you say you want season tickets but don't have a smart phone, they still want your money.

I would buy from the ticket office just to make sure you don't get screwed. They have adult tickets for $40 and you know you aren't going to be denied at the door.

The PSU game is sold out, but I agree that the others won't sell out close to gameday, if at all.

Reactions: meatloaf55
Can anyone tell me for sure if screenshots work as far as transferring tix?

For the question about barcodes working on transferred tickets. My wife and I had our tickets in a wallet on our phones, and took a screen shot as backup. At the gate, my wife couldn't get her wallet version of the ticket to come up, so she used the screen shot.

So, yes, screenshots should work.

Reactions: blhawk
Can anyone tell me for sure if screenshots work as far as transferring tix?
Yes, and I would highly suggest using screenshots for them to scan at the gate as opposed to hoping you can bring up the tickets from the app on your phone as you approach the gate.

Reactions: blhawk
I assume if you tried to buy them from a scalper on site, you would have to have the person text you the tickets and then you put them in your phone wallet.

The end zone seats are the best seats if you want to see if your team is playing offense correctly. You can really see the holes opening up. Or not opening up. That is the best way to tell if you have a good offense or not. From the end zone view.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT