ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger Woods acts out against white privilege at The Open

thewop

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2002
Here's Tiger Woods pushing aside some white kids after his round at the Open because they're privileged. Hail Tiger!

I'm trying to become more "HROT" in my ability to interpret what appropriate context is. How am I doing?

Kind of a shit move in my opinion. I realize he just got finished with his round (it appears) but it takes minutes out of his day to sign something for those kids. With all of the shit publicity he's gotten over the years you'd think he start trying to right the "karma ship" but apparently not. Still love to watch him play but he really is a dick it seems.

It seems like he was being a dick, not acting out against white privilege. Tiger has been notoriously absent in social issues discussions. He's petrified of losing endorsements.

I'm trying to become more "HROT" in my ability to interpret what appropriate context is. How am I doing?

Well...I'd say that you are on the right track here...but I still think you are missing some things. Let me help...clearly this brush off move by Tiger should spawn some mass protests, perhaps some product boycotts and definitely some serious outrage...accompanied with some wild, outlandish statements about moving out of the country if he does it again, etc.

Keep at it, and don't be afraid to let your emotions and imagination run wild with conjecture and mean spirited comments towards any that disagree with you and I think you will find that you will be far closer to the "HROT Way". Right now...you are just a piker. :)

Reactions: thewop
Well...I'd say that you are on the right track here...but I still think you are missing some things. Let me help...clearly this brush off move by Tiger should spawn some mass protests, perhaps some product boycotts and definitely some serious outrage...accompanied with some wild, outlandish statements about moving out of the country if he does it again, etc.

Keep at it, and don't be afraid to let your emotions and imagination run wild with conjecture and mean spirited comments towards any that disagree with you and I think you will find that you will be far closer to the "HROT Way". Right now...you are just a piker. :)
I'm throwing my Taylor Made's in the trash and you should too or you're a demagogue xenophobe!!

Kind of a shit move in my opinion. I realize he just got finished with his round (it appears) but it takes minutes out of his day to sign something for those kids. With all of the shit publicity he's gotten over the years you'd think he start trying to right the "karma ship" but apparently not. Still love to watch him play but he really is a dick it seems.
I don’t understand why people still root/watch this guy? He’s not even a middle of the pack player anymore. Dude is terrible, and add to that he appears to be a real asshole, what is there to root for? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!!!!

I don’t understand why people still root/watch this guy? He’s not even a middle of the pack player anymore. Dude is terrible, and add to that he appears to be a real asshole, what is there to root for? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!!!!

Yeah at least when Greg Norman was a shadow of his former self he was still interesting to follow.

He is similar to Ali. At their peak, there was nobody better. If Tiger had been healthy throughout his peak years, who knows what he would have done. Ali lost two of his peak years because of a BS war. Oh what might have been.
Edit:Just looked it up. Ali lost 3 1/2 years.

He is similar to Ali. At their peak, there was nobody better. If Tiger had been healthy throughout his peak years, who knows what he would have done. Ali lost two of his peak years because of a BS war. Oh what might have been.
Edit:Just looked it up. Ali lost 3 1/2 years.
I agree, at his peak he was the best. But it’s been a loooooonnnnnggggg time since he’s been at his peak. And while it is unfortunate Ali lost some years of his prime, he also didn’t go fight in the war. I don’t care about his religious belief or whatever, a lot of guys didn’t want to go, but they did.

Tiger was done once he started popping pills. That Thanksgiving where his wife went after him with a golf club and he drove into a tree in his own yard was the coda. Very, very few humans who acquire super fame and riches can remain humble and grounded. Still, I agree with a poster above. Tiger has always been a pompous prick. Now he is pompous prick that is a very average tour pro.

Reactions: keosauquahawk
Rich kids like that need a kick in the ass.

Good job Tiger. Just one more reason you're my favorite living player.:cool:

I've never understood the appeal. He's always been fairly unlikeable. Now he's an average, unlikeable golfer.

Tiger Woods is living proof that steroids raise your
anger level and have harmful side affects. His
body has been injury prone after he took steroids.
The incident with his former wife on Thanksgiving
over a decade ago was roid rage.

Lol, man it must suck to be considered "terrible" and "not even middle of the pack" when you get top 25 in 75% of your events played and 3 top 5's in 12 events after 4 back surgeries. If that's not the definition of terrible then I don't know what is.

Lol, man it must suck to be considered "terrible" and "not even middle of the pack" when you get top 25 in 75% of your events played and 3 top 5's in 12 events after 4 back surgeries. If that's not the definition of terrible then I don't know what is.
Obviously people calling Tiger average don’t watch the Tour much. Kelly Kraft or Joel Dahmen are average. While Tiger is currently not playing at the level of the greatest golfer ever to live, he is still damn good.

Reactions: Funky Bunch
the media loves the guy and won't quit. They even showed him live on the practice tee and talked about his new "game" while live action with real contenders was going on. Practice your "Tiger is on the prowl" or "Tiger is lurking' headlines just in case. They will still talk about how great he's doing even if he misses the cut.

The media “loves him” because the fans love him. This isn’t really in question. Even today viewership/crowds are bigger with him.
To claim otherwise is weird, almost like claiming he is a terrible golfer.

The media “loves him” because the fans love him. This isn’t really in question. Even today viewership/crowds are bigger with him.
To claim otherwise is weird, almost like claiming he is a terrible golfer.

Did someone claim he was a terrible golfer? I see a lot of people saying he is a complete prick, which he is. Tiger is a complete dousche bag.

Did someone claim he was a terrible golfer? I see a lot of people saying he is a complete prick, which he is. Tiger is a complete dousche bag.

I couldn’t disagree more. Sorry. He may not be your cup of tea but he certainly is nothing like you portray. I will bet you a dollar to a donut, he wasn’t the only golfer yesterday to do this at this point in the golf course.

Looks like it has more to do with his privilege than anything else. Dude could have stopped for 30 secs and signed a couple. Unless, they're the kids of known paraphernalia marketers...

Here's Tiger Woods pushing aside some white kids after his round at the Open because they're privileged. Hail Tiger!

And, yes, how you wrote the post shows your alt-white political leanings.

I agree, at his peak he was the best. But it’s been a loooooonnnnnggggg time since he’s been at his peak. And while it is unfortunate Ali lost some years of his prime, he also didn’t go fight in the war. I don’t care about his religious belief or whatever, a lot of guys didn’t want to go, but they did.

Ali was on the right side of history. He took a very large punishment to support his moral views, and contributed to an overwhelming movement that helped change our government's policy so that fewer of those other guys had to go to war.

Perhaps if he had done something more noble for his beliefs, such as refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple, he would not have faced such backlash...

I miss the days when Slieb would valiantly defend Tiger when haters like us would start a thread like this. Now it doesn't even make page 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT