ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Kaine's son arrested for disrupting a pro-Trump rally

I'll never understand protesting rallies. Why bother yourself with someone else's circle jerk? I got better things to do.

Yes - I read your post. You responded to my post referring to the illegal behavior of the protesters. My response in no way said protests were wrong or not justified - so you making that argument was completely unnecessary and didn't follow. You added a logical fallacy to the conversation - a red herring. It was never my argument that protests are never justified - only violence associated with them like we've seen so often with left-wing protesters. Brah.
Yes, and I responded—my very first and direct response to your post—in general agreement that some protest behaviors are stupid, or unnecessarily dangerous, or however I phrased it.

I wasn't arguing with you. I was more or less agreeing with you. I'm not your enemy or foe, our shared enemy and foe is the mentality to which you too willingly (if not enthusiastically) fall prey—the mentality that no matter what, no matter how clearly we share some middle ground, 'tis better do deny the possibility of a shared, agreed-upon middle ground.

Then you double up by expressing selective criticism, suggesting violence at rallies/protests is unique to the Left.

Silly tribalism. It is frustrating, and sad, and childish.

Did you miss this part:

"This unlawful group attempted to enter the rally from the second floor staircase by pushing, shoving and eventually employing smoke bombs, Mace, fireworks, thereby creating a dangerous situation," ?
No, I didn't. My suggestion or implication is that Trump kin might ultimately be charged with worse, charges such as treason.

I've posted plenty in this thread to make it clear that I do not condone Kaine's protest behaviors/acts.

I would argue that people who have "protested" while concealing their identities have, generally, not been on the right side of history.
You mean like KKK? Not sure I understand. Are people supposed to check in and wear name tags?

Lol...this is unbelievable.

So, an article that came out THE DAY AFTER THE INCIDENT where Franken is quoted several times, saying he took a guy's legs out and talked about being a wrestler and actually mentioned that he broke his glasses in front of numerous witnesses, including the police, is somehow "debunked" because you want it to be. Even though Franken never sued and won a slam dunk suit for defamation and libel after being misquoted and lied about the DAY AFTER the event. He just decided to let the Post slide on that one and the article is now debunked ...because hey...it's easier if only GOPers assault people. Good grief.

http://nypost.com/2004/01/27/al-franken-knocks-down-dean-heckler/

EXETER, N.H. – Wise-cracking funnyman Al Franken yesterday body-slammed a demonstrator to the ground after the man tried to shout down Gov. Howard Dean.

The tussle left Franken’s trademark thick-rim glasses broken, but he said he was not injured.

Franken – who seemed in a state of shock and out of breath after the incident – was helped back to his feet by several people who watched the tussle. Police arrived soon after.

I got down low and took his legs out,” said Franken afterwards.

Franken said he’s not backing Dean but merely wanted to protect the right of people to speak freely. “I would have done it if he was a Dean supporter at a Kerry rally,” he said.

“I’m neutral in this race but I’m for freedom of speech, which means people should be able to assemble and speak without being shouted down.”

The trouble started when several supporters of fringe presidential candidate Lyndon Larouche began shouting accusations at Dean.

Franken emerged from the crowd and charged one male protester, grabbing him with a bear hug from behind and slamming him onto the floor.

“I was a wrestler so I used a wrestling move,” Franken said.

Citing the NY Post for any reason should only be done as a last resort and even then should be done so with the knowledge that it is not a reputable or credible source on any topic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT