ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Polasek is leaving NDSU for an assistant position with Iowa.

Wait....KF didn't give it to a family member or hire some idiot???? He took his time and made probably the best hire in college football this year. Great coach and better dude!

Reactions: Pigskin48 and nu2u
And yet interestingly enough they (their fans) were complaining about him after the FCS semi-final loss...LOL Hmmmm what kid of fan would do that.....:D

I love life, real live irony is much richer than fiction.:)
Spoiled fan base in Fargo (sound familiar). Intense, fiery coach. Ran a shift heavy imaginative pro style offense. Great addition.

Geez, I hope he isn't to old, I know thats key now. You can't be much older than 35 or you can't reach kids.....:rolleyes:. I couldn't find his age, how old is he?

Spoiled fan base in Fargo (sound familiar). Intense, fiery coach. Ran a shift heavy imaginative pro style offense. Great addition.

Yes I like the hire, then again, I liked KOK as well, so what do I know...:D

Low 30's...heard him at a clinic. Great energy and knows his stuff. Should be a solid recruiter as well

Irreplaceable IMO. Its what I look for in all my employees, age regardless. Give me passion and energy, I'll fix your over-zealousness, just give me some fire.

Reactions: Coach Marco
Here is a devils advocate question for you...if everyone in Hawkdom, thinks this is a good hire, then is it really a bad one? And more so, if it is indeed a bad one, will the heavy handed critic be back espousing their "initial" displeasure or will they admit, they too were wrong.....

It still boils down to what Kirk will allow. I've been in clinics with KOK and GD. Those guys know football....my guess is Kirk is real heavy handed in game plans. If he puts the proverbial hand cuffs on his kid, it doesn't matter who we hire. With that said, this is potentially a great hire.

Of course......maybe you'd prefer a bully pulpit, like the others....

Bully.tiff

Reactions: Dauminator
If you can't beat them hire them. Lol. I do like the fact he was a QB and knows about passing. Looks like a good hire
beat us twice! ndsu and niu (only braska and osu put up more point on us in 2013) Last year his O scored more than wi mi and ne did

The passing game isn't the only part of the offense that can be creative. In the past few years, @Hawkeyegamefilm (on Twitter) has been complimentary of Iowa's increased creativity in the run game, despite the concerns about how poorly the passing game meshed. I think this hire helps take that progression forward. Jim Harbaugh has done a great job with the power running game at Stanford and Michigan by introducing a number of small wrinkles that makes it very difficult to prepare against, and I know @Hawkeyegamefilm has expressed a desire for Iowa to implement some of those wrinkles to their own gameplan.

During the 5 years with Greg Davis as the offensive coordinator, it felt like our offense had a confused identity. Based on the coaching changes/hires this offseason, I don't see that being an issue going forward. This doesn't mean that we are going to suddenly become a high scoring team, but I do expect the gameplan to have a more cohesive integration of the running and passing games.

Low 30's...heard him at a clinic. Great energy and knows his stuff. Should be a solid recruiter as well

Read he graduated from college in 2001 so that would put him mid-30s I think.

I think this hire is a dream come true for a player like Akrum Wadley. He will find ways to get him the ball in space and has a great offensive mind. BF has the blocking schemes down, we all know that. I just don't know if BF has the ability to know how to let a player like AW flourish. I truly don't think it is that crazy of a statement to say this is the best assistant hire of the year in college football. I am very glad we are bringing in coaches with OC experience to help BF adjust.

Hopefully his outside insight tied with our staff trying to get back to the true Iowa football identity can create some good discussion and improvement. Can you just imagine if we would have had even just "good" offenses over the years? We could be looking at a dynasty in the KF era.

All of this being said, I will not get too excited until I see the results. Great hire and I look forward to seeing him contribute.

Great hire since they run a similar system with more emphasis on passing and obviously more creative.

My biggest concern is his recruiting ties. Its not like we pull a lot of D1 skill players from ND, SD, WY, NE, ect....

how many more OCs are we gonna get bf?

My only fear is there could be too many cooks in the kitchen. ultimately if bf needs someone to hold his hand, then maybe he wasn't the best hire for a p5 program.

I have no doubt that player development will be there, good game plans will be in place, but the real question is how will bf do during the pressure of the game getting the right calls on the field. I love this hire but the important thing is everyone needs to know their roll. this can be difficult when facing adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT