ADVERTISEMENT

Time For Individual States to Make the Calls On Guns

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Federal Gov gets their powers from the States. The 2nd Amendment says we have a right to bear arms but nothing about Semi-Automatic or Automatic Weapons. Let the States determine if those are legal in that specific State.

The Blue States would all outlaw Semi-Automatic and Automatic weapons. If I were Illinois, I would outlaw all Semi-Automatic and Automatic weapons and tell the Fed gov to arrest them if they disagree.

10th Amendment
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The Federal Gov gets their powers from the States. The 2nd Amendment says we have a right to bear arms but nothing about Semi-Automatic or Automatic Weapons. Let the States determine if those are legal in that specific State.

The Blue States would all outlaw Semi-Automatic and Automatic weapons. If I were Illinois, I would outlaw all Semi-Automatic and Automatic weapons and tell the Fed gov to arrest them if they disagree.
And the ****s will bring in whatever they want from less than an hour away like today.

Man, I wonder what this would look like at the state level. What are consequences for owning weapons in a state who doesn't allow it?

States rights….they’re not outlawing certain guns everywhere….just in places where elected officials are doing the will of their people!

Reactions: TheCainer
10th Amendment

LOL!

They (Illinois) had a certifiable nut case, tattooed face and all with a giant Fing neon sign saying "throw me in the looney bin and throw away the key before I murder innocent people".

And what did Illinois do? Not a gdamn thing. Yeah, that's the model for every State to follow. Then there's Chicago, last I heard it's still in Illinois. Yeah, they're some trend setters alright.

LOL!

They (Illinois) had a certifiable nut case, tattooed face and all with a giant Fing neon sign saying "throw me in the looney bin and throw away the key before I murder innocent people".

And what did Illinois do? Not a gdamn thing. Yeah, that's the model for every State to follow. Then there's Chicago, last I heard it's still in Illinois. Yeah, they're some trend setters alright.
You are part of the problem. You bring nothing to the discussion except to provide more chaos.

If you bring nothing to the table, get the F out of the way.

PhQ.

Illegals immigrants coming into the country
Illegal drugs coming into the country
Illegal Guns coming into the country

The Democrats do Zero

You cant fix one without the other!!

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
LOL!

What state would have avoided this and how?

You're a hack.

So OP is okay with a state legalizing machine guns?

Why not? Damn libs won't let me have my huntin' weapons. It's just a rifle.

mqdefault.jpg

LOL!

They sold him a gun which his dad co-signed for. So you can be a nut case AND still have access to a high powered rifle.

WHAT A COUNTRY

It doesn't do much good because of how easily a gun can be moved across state lines.

Unless we want to start allowing states to set up checkpoints at state borders where the state can inspect if you have any illegal contraband including firearms before you enter the state then it's very difficult for state gun laws to have any effect at all.

Of course setting up those checkpoints is in and of itself unconstitutional. Not only that but it would place a heavy burden on state budgets and a heavy burden on anyone taking a road trip.

10th Amendment

18 states have red flag laws, including Illinois and New York. All states have some sort of gun law. The problem, as it almost always is, is execution of these already existing laws.

ADVERTISEMENT