ADVERTISEMENT

Time for some soldier cosplay!

This is reflective of a general problem in gun culture these days. The guns have become less and less tools for hunting or sport shooting and more and more toys so the user can pretend he is a Navy seal or Jason Borne.
Who in that video is dressed like a Navy SEAL or Jason Bourne?

Who in that video is dressed like a Navy SEAL or Jason Bourne?

Please why does someone need to wear a tactical vest (of which there are several) to a peaceful protest?

In fact why does someone need to carry a rifle to "peaceful protest". You know what the answer is. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are protesting for gun rights and everything to do with intimidating the opposition.

why does hills feel the need to dress like a curtain or a circus tent? tents are becoming less and less about housing and more a fashion statement! dang it

Same reason you also saw a lot of winter coats, gloves, and stocking caps - it was 20 degrees and windy.

gettyimages-627830632_wide-2e84d6407da54364a947189c397cd67f6b50009b.jpg

27seoulprotest-superJumbo.jpg

image-from-ios--1-_slide-42b9774a90d02867eb16093d2a1ea6bb2e1db2c8-s800-c85.jpg

Seems like other protests that take place in cold weather don't involve a lot of facemasks.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Please why does someone need to wear a tactical vest (of which there are several) to a peaceful protest?

In fact why does someone need to carry a rifle to "peaceful protest". You know what the answer is. It has nothing to do with the fact that they are protesting for gun rights and everything to do with intimidating the opposition.
get

I've always wondered how I'd react to an active shooter? I'd like to believe I'd be F**king Rambo but until it actually happens I have no idea. It's quite possible that I'd be pissing my pants. i bet at least half of those guys would be hiding behind women's skirts if they ever came up against it.

gettyimages-627830632_wide-2e84d6407da54364a947189c397cd67f6b50009b.jpg

27seoulprotest-superJumbo.jpg

image-from-ios--1-_slide-42b9774a90d02867eb16093d2a1ea6bb2e1db2c8-s800-c85.jpg

Seems like other protests that take place in cold weather don't involve a lot of facemasks.
I see about half a dozen facemasks in the Standing Rock photo. And it was mid 30s with little wind in the last photo. It was 25 degrees with a wind chill factor of 15 when the Richmond photo was taken this morning.

I always laugh at the people who have tons of Molle all over their packs with nothing attached. It’s heavy as hell. Have fun rucking that everywhere in your cosplay.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
In light of the video at the bottom would anyone like to continue to argue that there isn't a significant number of people at this protest dressing up and pretending to be soldiers?
I guess that depends on your definition of "significant number". No doubt there were a few knuckleheads there who love dressing up, and they obviously are going to garner the most attention from people whose main reason for being there was to shoot video of extremists, but the vast majority were simply there to defend their right to own guns.

I guess that depends on your definition of "significant number". No doubt there were a few knuckleheads there who love dressing up, and they obviously are going to garner the most attention from people whose main reason for being there was to shoot video of extremists, but the vast majority were simply there to defend their right to own guns.

Rough count

7 out of 18 people that passed close by the camera had tactical vests on

About the same number had military helmets on although not all where the same people

By my count 11 out of 18 of them had one or the other or both on.

And if you start counting the guys wearing large military style backpacks (These arn't book bags you carry your books around in school) there is maybe 3 or 4 total people who are not wearing any of those items. **I went back through and counted 4 guys that where not wearing either a tactical helmet, vest or backpack.** How can you argue that there isn't a problem here of gun lovers dressing up and pretending they are soldiers.

Tell me why you need a tactical vest, helmet or backpack at a protest?

Count them yourself and see if you disagree with my counts.

***In the interests of transparency I'm not counting the guy walking away from the camera and to the left with his face in a cell phone and I'm not counting the kid that passes by the camera because he's a kid.***

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 and Out on D
Rough count

7 out of 18 people that passed close by the camera had tactical vests on

About the same number had military helmets on although not all where the same people

By my count 11 out of 18 of them had one or the other or both on.

And if you start counting the guys wearing large military style backpacks (These arn't book bags you carry your books around in school) there is maybe 3 or 4 total people who are not wearing any of those items. **I went back through and counted 4 guys that where not wearing either a tactical helmet, vest or backpack.** How can you argue that there isn't a problem here of gun lovers dressing up and pretending they are soldiers.

Count them yourself and see if you disagree with my counts.

***In the interests of transparency I'm not counting the guy walking away from the camera and to the left with his face in a cell phone and I'm not counting the kid that passes by the camera because he's a kid.***
The reason those 18 people all passed close by the camera is that they appeared to be marching together and someone decided to record them. How many thousands of people were at the rally and not wearing tactical gear?

The reason those 18 people all passed close by the camera is that they appeared to be marching together and someone decided to record them. How many thousands of people were at the rally and not wearing tactical gear?

Such a thing would be impossible to count but when you have a camera set up and you watch 18 people walk by and only 4 are not wearing some sort of military style attire that should tell you that there has got to be by sheer probability a lot of people there wearing that kind of equipment.

You certainly can't be arguing that the small token group of pretend solders happened to be the only ones walking by the camera?

And based on their distances from one another I'd have a hard time believing that all of them where part of one group.

This is their culture. You can ignore it or pretend it's only a small number all you want, but the reality is that a very large part of gun culture is people pretending they are soldiers. That's why the AR-15 sells so well. You can't pretend to be a modern solder with a Ruger Mini 14.

And again there is no logical reason why you would need a tactical vest, tactical backpack or tactical helmet (or high capacity magazine rifle for that matter) to a peaceful protest. Other than to implicitly intimidate opposition protesters.

Because everyone knows what happens when a right winger gets upset.

Now imagine a bunch of right wingers with loaded high capacity rifles.

Last edited:
Such a thing would be impossible to count but when you have a camera set up and you watch 18 people walk by and only 4 are not wearing some sort of military style attire that should tell you that there has got to be by sheer probability a lot of people there wearing that kind of equipment.

You certainly can't be arguing that the small token group of pretend solders happened to be the only ones walking by the camera?
I’m not arguing that they were the only pretend soldiers at the rally. I’m arguing that you can’t focus on a small group in which 11 of 18 guys were wearing tactical gear and extrapolate that to decide that 11 out of every 18 people at the rally were wearing tactical gear.

The fact that this particular subset of rally attendees featured 11 guys wearing tactical gear is the primary reason someone decided to videotape them and post it online.

Looks like a lot of Carhartt and North Face to me. Was there any violence at the rally?

It looks like have violently attacked a lot of jelly donuts. When one of these losers gets rejected by a woman to go 0 for 1000, then we’ll get yet another right wing terror attack. Tale as old as time.

Reactions: 3 and Out on D
I’m not arguing that they were the only pretend soldiers at the rally. I’m arguing that you can’t focus on a small group in which 11 of 18 guys were wearing tactical gear and extrapolate that to decide that 11 out of every 18 people at the rally were wearing tactical gear.

The fact that this particular subset of rally attendees featured 11 guys wearing tactical gear is the primary reason someone decided to videotape them and post it online.

Can you find a picture or video from that rally that shows at least say 10 people that does not have anyone wearing in it wearing a tactical vest, helmet, or backpack? Furthermore could you find a picture or video from the rally of that many people that doesn't have anyone in it not openly carrying a fire arm.

Again this is freaking weird behavior. You don't wear those things or openly carry when you are going grocery shopping.

It looks like have violently attacked a lot of jelly donuts. When one of these losers gets rejected by a woman to go 0 for 1000, then we’ll get yet another right wing terror attack. Tale as old as time.

I think it's just a matter of time before one of these rally's becomes a large massacre of counter-protesters. One person will get angry and fire and then the rest will start firing saying they where defending themselves from what they believed to be the counter-protester's firing on them.

Let's organize a group of minorities exercising their 2nd Amendment rights to stand outside Johnny's little league game and Susie's soccer game and see how folks support the 2nd Amdt.

They would be shot.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Let's organize a group of minorities exercising their 2nd Amendment rights to stand outside Johnny's little league game and Susie's soccer game and see how folks support the 2nd Amdt.

About the same as the "great" Ronnie Reagan with the Black Panthers sitting on the California State House with ling arms and bullets strapped across their chests.

I think it's just a matter of time before one of these rally's becomes a large massacre of counter-protesters. One person will get angry and fire and then the rest will start firing saying they where defending themselves from what they believed to be the counter-protester's firing on them.
And yet somecrazyhow they’ve managed to hold this rally every year for 19 years without any violence.

ADVERTISEMENT