ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Defund California 100%

Oh this is ****ing laughable. I'm remembering a time when NYC went bankrupt. I'm remembering times when California was gasping for air financially and begging for help.

The math is pretty simple. CA pays the feds more than it receives back. Therefore, if payments both ways stop, it would be better off. How is this laughable?

Reactions: ghost80
The USDA is in charge of quite a bit. Food stamps and school lunch program as well.

It is in a power point and I am sure if you went down to the local USDA office you could probably see what the breakdown is.

Just curious how they calculate that. If they include Crop insurance subsidies, ag research, biofuels, etc,.. the usda has paid out $64billion from 2009 - 2015 for crop losses. I think whoever put that 11% number up has been selective.

Reactions: ScoutRefugee
Oh this is ****ing laughable. I'm remembering a time when NYC went bankrupt. I'm remembering times when California was gasping for air financially and begging for help.
Hmm. I'll go through this slowly for you.
When you pay out more than you get back...It tends to leave you in a poor financial state. Anybody that's ever balanced a check book should understand this much. How much longer before your mom teaches you how to balance one?

Lol.

Did CA receive federal funds to help them pay down their deficit? My understanding is they raised taxes and got their financial house in line. If they received a federal handout - send me a link.

And NYC? You really want to talk about an event that occurred 40 plus years ago, was mostly beyond NYC's control, and involved a 1 time 3 year federal loan that was repaid by the City with interest?

I'm sure both states would immediately take the deal that their citizens no longer pay in federal funds but no longer receive federal funds. Last time I checked NY was getting 91 cents back per dollar of federal taxes sent in. Good deal if you are in a red welfare state / make the blues pay for your welfare but keep them out of power with the EC.

200.gif

Oh, cool, this "study" again.

Cali gets 91 cents back for every dollar it pays.

And it's % share of the state budget that it receives from DC is in the bottom 10 states.

Those are two facts. Full stop.

Don't cut California loose. Last time we went through this, we had a civil war. Lots of people died. It was in all the papers, and this was back in the days when most of them could be trusted, at least on things like major wars.

Continue to collect taxes from Californians. The ones who are U.S. citizens -- probably at least half -- owe those taxes. But if the state doesn't follow federal rules, just don't give any federal money back.

Simple, fair....who could complain?

Lol.

Did CA receive federal funds to help them pay down their deficit? My understanding is they raised taxes and got their financial house in line. If they received a federal handout - send me a link.

And NYC? You really want to talk about an event that occurred 40 plus years ago, was mostly beyond NYC's control, and involved a 1 time 3 year federal loan that was repaid by the City with interest?

I'm sure both states would immediately take the deal that their citizens no longer pay in federal funds but no longer receive federal funds. Last time I checked NY was getting 91 cents back per dollar of federal taxes sent in. Good deal if you are in a red welfare state / make the blues pay for your welfare but keep them out of power with the EC.

Yes.

Hmm. I'll go through this slowly for you.
When you pay out more than you get back...It tends to leave you in a poor financial state. Anybody that's ever balanced a check book should understand this much. How much longer before your mom teaches you how to balance one?

I'm sitting just fine financially my little friend. I plan to retire in six years quite comfortably. Sorry don't worry about me understanding how to balance a checkbook.

I'm sitting just fine financially my little friend. I plan to retire in six years quite comfortably. Sorry don't worry about me understanding how to balance a checkbook.
The custodial arts must pay a lot more than I thought. Or do you prefer "sanitation engineer"?

The custodial arts must pay a lot more than I thought. Or do you prefer "sanitation engineer"?

Yes it's still funny no matter how many times it's said. Actually, I'm an IT Analyst and have been for 27 years. That was after my 8 years in the military. Sorry as I said, I'm doing just fine.

Yes it's still funny no matter how many times it's said. Actually, I'm an IT Analyst and have been for 27 years. That was after my 8 years in the military. Sorry as I said, I'm doing just fine.
You know how to keep these kinds of misunderstandings from happening, don't you?

Looked. Didn't find it.
Since this is an Iowa board, he's probably referring to a myth that's popular among Hawk fans who aren't well informed.

Until a few years ago, both Iowa and Iowa State used some general funds in their athletics budgets. The Regents told them to cut it out. They did. Iowa's program got to self-supporting three years before ISU's did, which happened, I think, about 5 years ago. Neither one has any general (tax) funds going to the jocks now. UNI still does.

Really? You are not that memorable to me.

Tree joke for you:

Two Douglas Firs are standing in the woods....they see a young, unidentified sapling growing a few yards away.

1st Fir: "Hey....look over yonder....is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"
2nd Fir: "Hmmm....I can't tell....it could be a son of a beech....it could also be a son of a birch"

They argue back and forth for a while, until a taller pine tree chimes in...

Pine: "Fellas....fellas.....that's not a son of a beech OR a son of a birch.....but that's the best piece of ash I've seen in quite a while!"

Reactions: hawkbirch
Tree joke for you:

Two Douglas Firs are standing in the woods....they see a young, unidentified sapling growing a few yards away.

1st Fir: "Hey....look over yonder....is that a son of a beech or a son of a birch?"
2nd Fir: "Hmmm....I can't tell....it could be a son of a beech....it could also be a son of a birch"

They argue back and forth for a while, until a taller pine tree chimes in...

Pine: "Fellas....fellas.....that's not a son of a beech OR a son of a birch.....but that's the best piece of ash I've seen in quite a while!"
That's good. The world needs more tree jokes....wooden you agree? If not, walnut?

Reactions: hawkbirch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT