ADVERTISEMENT

Time to focus on Iowa Women basketball

Hahahahaha
You obviously haven't been following the Iowa women this season. They're attendance has been trending up all season. Typically, they average 8-12k for attendance (10-12k during league play) but those numbers tend to rise based on the opponent. Tomorrow will be the 3rd sellout for Carver in a row. It would not surprise me one bit for the women to sell out all the games during league play next season, especially if the conference adjusts some of their scheduling and divides the number of Sunday afternoon home games equally among the league.

Average attendance for Men's games prior to the last 8 games of the season was a little over 10k. If the men struggle next season and the women stay hot, it's possible the women's attendance will be higher by the end of the season.

You obviously haven't been following the Iowa women this season. They're attendance has been trending up all season. Typically, they average 8-12k for attendance (10-12k during league play) but those numbers tend to rise based on the opponent. Tomorrow will be the 3rd sellout for Carver in a row. It would not surprise me one bit for the women to sell out all the games during league play next season, especially if the conference adjusts some of their scheduling and divides the number of Sunday afternoon home games equally among the league.

Average attendance for Men's games prior to the last 8 games of the season was a little over 10k. If the men struggle ance is thnext season and the women stay hot, it's possible the women's attendance will be higher by the end of the season.
No way women’s attendance is that high.

Question. Why on our home page is there no mention of womens bb? I would much rather read about the team they will play Sunday and injuries ETC. than look at pictures of 2 games ago that the men played. or read the wrestlers latest happening? Just wondering.

This is a fun team to watch. Making my way to IC tomorrow to cheer them on. They have so many weapons and don’t seem to get rattled very easily.

Go Hawks.

Reactions: huntermmm
Iowa's actual average attendance to date is 8341 if you add the home game attendance numbers from ESPN. Total attendance to date is 150,138. The numbers include Iowa's two sellouts for the NCAA tourney.
I think the average for this year is actually around 7,800

The Women are awesome. Caitlin Clark is the best player to ever play for Iowa, men or women. If you are not watching her, you are missing out. I love Iowa Men's basketball and have been watching for 6 decades, but she is the best ever. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT