ADVERTISEMENT

Time To Petition The B1G In Regards To Bo Boroski

5688b2ab7338a.image.jpg

why.....whatever do you mean

16-2 and 19-2 runs cost Iowa the game. If Pemsl actually looked before throwing the ball in, that whole scenario never happens.

I don’t think Iowa wins that game even if the game was officiated “well”. Officials lost this game early. I know Bruno was excited about having his career best game but they needed to settle him down MUCH earlier. I blame the officials for the Bruno vs Cook confrontation. First half he was in the face of opposing players and a little too much and over the top celebration for blocked shot. The message the officials send? Double technical? I thought Cook showed great restraint. I don’t care what he said. Copeland from Nebraska was T’d up for looking at his opponent after a dunk. I know Cook has also been T’d up for this in the past. Way to send a message officials! Bruno will never do that again.

The officials were bad, but our defense was on the same level as the officiating.

Fran can’t work on defense enough with this group. They can’t execute a simple defensive game plan.
The defense definitely is bad overall this year, very bad. But, last night the game was being called quite differently on each end. One end touch fouls and on the other end pis pound Hawks. So, even if we were worth a crap at defense it would be difficult to compete under these circumstances IMO.

Bo Boroski should not be allowed to officiate Iowa Basketball. The man has hard feelings against Fran and in turn lets those carry over to how he calls Iowa Basketball. Every time he calls an Iowa game there is outlandish calls against Iowa AND Fran.
Anyone remember Jim Bain? He was eventually banned from working Iowa games, I believe.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Bo Boroski should not be allowed to officiate Iowa Basketball. The man has hard feelings against Fran and in turn lets those carry over to how he calls Iowa Basketball. Every time he calls an Iowa game there is outlandish calls against Iowa AND Fran.
Refresh my memory, was he the one that through Fran out of the Wisconsin game years ago?

I honestly believe that the fix was in last night from these officials. Lots of money to be made on gambling, Vegas, and the betting community.

I honestly believe that the fix was in last night from these officials. Lots of money to be made on gambling, Vegas, and the betting community.

I doubt this,.... More likely to believe that over the years Fran has created some hard feelings with some of the officials, and since he's not coaching an upper echelon program he's not going to get his ass kissed like certain other coaches such as Izzo, Self, Boeheim or the recently retired Ryan.....

Refresh my memory, was he the one that through Fran out of the Wisconsin game years ago?
I think he was the ejector in the UNI game a few years ago. If my fading memory holds up, I think Bain goes back before Fran. Perhaps Lute.

I think he was the ejector in the UNI game a few years ago. If my fading memory holds up, I think Bain goes back before Fran. Perhaps Lute.
Bain goes back to Lute. Bain had another game to officiate at night so he called a phantom foul against us at Purdue in about 1982. The foul cost us the game.

Reactions: Inhawk and bestive
the foul against Jordan was quite possibly the worst call I've seen in college basketball in the last 10 years. When you could literally fit another person in between him and the shooter, and he called the foul....good God.

Come on, his shadow was all over that MD player :)

Reactions: LarryMullenJr.
Pass that petition around to Purdue fans after you're done. Probably the #1 most disliked official for us too. This is the tip of the iceberg for him and us. Not only was this called an offensive foul, he upgraded it to a flagrant upon review which turned a game we had pretty much won into an OT loss.

Reactions: farfaraway

Yes, it's rigged, it's so unfair!

The officials are crooked and ESPN is fake news. At least 5 million illegals helped Boroski pass the referee exam and voted for him illegally. Jordan Bohannon should unleash his beautiful twitter account while Fran and his braintrust come up with a plan to stop Illinois, as they are going to replace the total disaster of defense they had been playing with something terrific.

Seriously, your posts don't get much better from the OT board to here.

Reactions: ThrowBones92

The officials are crooked and ESPN is fake news. At least 5 million illegals helped Boroski pass the referee exam and voted for him illegally. Jordan Bohannon should unleash his beautiful twitter account while Fran and his braintrust come up with a plan to stop Illinois, as they are going to replace the total disaster of defense they had been playing with something terrific.

I don't complain about many officials. Heck, I'd be fine with Ted Valentine or Ed Hightower officiating Iowa. Boroski obviously has a beef with Fran/Iowa.

Reactions: mstp1992
Pass that petition around to Purdue fans after you're done. Probably the #1 most disliked official for us too. This is the tip of the iceberg for him and us. Not only was this called an offensive foul, he upgraded it to a flagrant upon review which turned a game we had pretty much won into an OT loss.

Ha I remember that game, that was terrible. There's a YouTube video of Boroski's game between Iowa and UNI from 2011 out there somewhere if you want a good laugh some time. Oh and DJ Byrd sucks. That guy was so overrated.

Consider decaf.

I wonder if Jess Settles treated him to Pizza Ranch, maybe we could get a few calls?

Ha I remember that game, that was terrible. There's a YouTube video of Boroski's game between Iowa and UNI from 2011 out there somewhere if you want a good laugh some time. Oh and DJ Byrd sucks. That guy was so overrated.

Ha. I never realized there was anyone that thought that highly of him to begin with. He was a shooter who had a big game every now and again. Nobody I was aware of ever thought he was POTY material or anything.

That aside, I still don't think that call against Villanova was anywhere close to right and Borowski sucks.

Bain goes back to Lute. Bain had another game to officiate at night so he called a phantom foul against us at Purdue in about 1982. The foul cost us the game.
Bain called a foul on Kevin Boyle in the lane and there was no contact , Boyle had position set hands straight up and Bain gave Purdue a 2 shot foul with a couple seconds left , cost Iowa the game . Boyle went snakey and Lute chased the guy off the court. Bain wouldn't have been safe in Iowa City after that.

Bain called a foul on Kevin Boyle in the lane and there was no contact , Boyle had position set hands straight up and Bain gave Purdue a 2 shot foul with a couple seconds left , cost Iowa the game . Boyle went snakey and Lute chased the guy off the court. Bain wouldn't have been safe in Iowa City after that.
There probably could have been a call on Stokes that play, though

I'm old enough to remember that.

It was in 1982. Bain called a foul on Kevin Boyle at the end of the game that gave Purdue the win.

Replay showed that Boyle was about 8 feet away.

ADVERTISEMENT