ADVERTISEMENT

Tired of Iowa not showing up in the tournament

Tom Davis 13 years avg record 21-11
Fran McC 12 years avg record 20-13

Davis inherited a loaded roster and coached them up to 30 wins. Fran inherited a dumpster fire. No matter how you slice it an average year for us is 21-11. Some better, some worse. Hell our Final Four team was 23-10.

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
Tom Davis 13 years avg record 21-11

Davis inherited a loaded roster and coached them up to 30 wins. Fran inherited a dumpster fire. No matter how you slice it an average year for us is 21-11. Some better, some worse. Hell our Final Four team was 23-10.
This is correct. The difference is that Dr Tom took 3 teams to the Sweet 16 or beyond while Fran has not. Teams are judged by what they do in the NCAA Tournament and really nothing else matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: TRHawkeye145
This is correct. The difference is that Dr Tom took 3 teams to the Sweet 16 or beyond while Fran has not. Teams are judged by what you do in the NCAA Tournament and really nothing else matters.
And never lost a first round game.

The BTT run was nice, but in all honesty I don't really give a sh!t about it after today. That should always just be a way to set up what you do in the Dance.

This complete failure in the NCAA tourney establishes this teams position in the history of Iowa basketball. Which is mostly forgettable.

Last year it was Luka as NPOY.

This year it's Keegan's breakout AA year.

Memorable individual achievements certainly.
Your reasoning tells me you’ve never developed a team of any sort. Once you try to do so, perhaps you should be more guarded on how to speak on the matter.

Ya know, when u can’t hit anything from 3 there are other ways to score instead of keep throwing up 3’s. We got destroyed in the paint…by a f’n A10 team!
This is spot on. When you’re not shooting well you need to adjust and pound the ball inside or drive and draw fouls to get to the line. Ohio State and Illinois both won today, yet scored fewer points and shot worse from 3 than Iowa. The difference was the most 3’s taken by them was 15, not 29! They also played lock down defense. Iowa was okay at that end but lost focus to often on back cuts and in bounds plays. The really disappointing thing yesterday was that not one Iowa player stepped up to lead yesterday. Not your two seniors or AA.

Reactions: Nohawknamesleft

Cool

Now do NCAA Tourney performance.

Then do post-season performance against lower seeds.

TIA. I'll hang up and listen.

P.S. - I've never heard fans of other teams bragging about a 20-win average over a period of time. What they do shove in my face are conference championships, Sweet 16s and Final 4s.

Reactions: TRHawkeye145
Your reasoning tells me you’ve never developed a team of any sort. Once you try to do so, perhaps you should be more guarded on how to speak on the matter.
What did he say that wasn’t true? What is the 2005 team that was better remembered for? IMO, People will remember the individual accomplishments of Keegan and another Iowa team that underperformed in the Tournament.

Who cares about winning the conference tournament? This is the weekend that matters, and Iowa can't get it done. The bad part is that Richmond hasn't done anything special either. Iowa has just choked.
It's crazy, but some schools can excel at both. Keegan will leave with one NCAA victory.

ADVERTISEMENT