ADVERTISEMENT

Titans @ Chiefs

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
The Titans and Chiefs will battle for a spot in Super Bowl LIV Sunday. For the Titans, it would be their first trip to the NFL title game in 20 years and their second time in the Super Bowl ever. For the Chiefs, it would mean their third trip to the Super Bowl but the first in 50 years, when they won the NFL title in the year prior to the AFL merging with the NFL.

The Chiefs come into the matchup on a seven-game winning streak, but even though they're the favorite to advance, making the Super Bowl will be anything but easy. Just ask Chiefs coach Andy Reid, who has made it to the conference title game six times in his career with Kansas City and Philadelphia, but has broken through just once and still seeks his first Super Bowl win.

The Titans have managed just three straight wins, but those all came on the road against AFC division winners behind the bulldozing effort of Derrick Henry. They'll have the chance to make it 4 for 4 on Sunday, and beating every AFC division winner in the span of a month would mean a return trip to Miami for Ryan Tannehill to play the Super Bowl in the stadium where he spent the first seven years of his career.

Weather report: Highs in the upper teens, no chance of precipitation, with winds around 10 to 15 mph out of the northwest.

Odds: Chiefs -7, O/U 53

I think the Titans make it closer than most expect. Kansas City run defense is bad, Titans use Henry to control the clock and keep Mahomes off the field.

I'm not good at picking games so I'm sure the opposite will happen

The Titans and Chiefs will battle for a spot in Super Bowl LIV Sunday. For the Titans, it would be their first trip to the NFL title game in 20 years and their second time in the Super Bowl ever. For the Chiefs, it would mean their third trip to the Super Bowl but the first in 50 years, when they won the NFL title in the year prior to the AFL merging with the NFL.

The Chiefs come into the matchup on a seven-game winning streak, but even though they're the favorite to advance, making the Super Bowl will be anything but easy. Just ask Chiefs coach Andy Reid, who has made it to the conference title game six times in his career with Kansas City and Philadelphia, but has broken through just once and still seeks his first Super Bowl win.

The Titans have managed just three straight wins, but those all came on the road against AFC division winners behind the bulldozing effort of Derrick Henry. They'll have the chance to make it 4 for 4 on Sunday, and beating every AFC division winner in the span of a month would mean a return trip to Miami for Ryan Tannehill to play the Super Bowl in the stadium where he spent the first seven years of his career.

Weather report: Highs in the upper teens, no chance of precipitation, with winds around 10 to 15 mph out of the northwest.

Odds: Chiefs -7, O/U 53

Did you come up with that analysis yourself?

I think the Titans make it closer than most expect. Kansas City run defense is bad, Titans use Henry to control the clock and keep Mahomes off the field.

I'm not good at picking games so I'm sure the opposite will happen

Who would have predicted Houston 24-0 after the first quarter?

Kansas City has improved tremendously in rush defense, which means they've gone from awful to so so.

I would have to assume Spagnola has designed a bunch of run blitzes to try to slow Henry down.

I have a feeling this is the Chiefs year. Should be close.

Who would have predicted Houston 24-0 after the first quarter?

Kansas City has improved tremendously in rush defense, which means they've gone from awful to so so.

I would have to assume Spagnola has designed a bunch of run blitzes to try to slow Henry down.

I have a feeling this is the Chiefs year. Should be close.

Sounds like they aren't confident Jones will be able to give it a go, which sucks.

Hopefully Spagnuolo has a plan to limit Henry getting downhill or it's going to be a long day for Hitch.

I got the Chiefs winning 34-24. Henry will get his, but Mahomes will get more.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Sounds like they aren't confident Jones will be able to give it a go, which sucks.

Hopefully Spagnuolo has a plan to limit Henry getting downhill or it's going to be a long day for Hitch.

I got the Chiefs winning 34-24. Henry will get his, but Mahomes will get more.

Sounds pretty accurate.

Jones is a huge loss.

5Sqmsh6bcGWT-DGpbPckeoa6Q3wudDaFvBvnLBmA7hE.jpg

The AFC Champions receives the Lamar Hunt trophy named after the former Kansas City Chiefs owner. The Chiefs have never won this trophy.

Packers have already beaten KC. I have a buddy who works for the Titans who used to get me tickets when he worked for the Packers. Titan vs. Packers in an " official title game ". Packers have 13 Championships, hence the " Titletown " moniker...

history1.jpg

I think it is a toss up who will win but if KC does lose.....Andy's big butt is going to feel a little warm.

No dog in the fight but I'd rather see KC vs SF than TN vs SF.

What side bets look appealing to you gentleman? Last week I took the QB's over in rush yards in the two Sunday games and they came in with ease. Riverside doesn't have action on that this week.

The Titans will go deep early and try and soften the line of scrimmage. Tannehill doesn’t make it through the game in one piece. I think the Chiefs get up big and cruise.

I also think I’m horrible at predicting games so there’s that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT