ADVERTISEMENT

Title 42: Help Me Out Here?!

I’m waiting for your link to the recent SCOTUS decision and the administration’s response.
It was a federal judge and not the SCOTUS. Does that fundamentally change the question? The Biden administration is fighting to keep federal mask mandates in place while at the same time eliminating Title 42.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Someone post a boobies pic asap
beautiful-young-blond-woman-relaxing-600w-169260719.jpg

Looked for boobs, came across this sweet ass. Sorry.

Surely some of the well informed mask maniacs of HROT can explain this for me?! How can CDC and the Brandon Admin be winding up the DOJ and going bat shit crazy over the recent SCOTUS mask mandate ruling on one hand, when on the other hand they are saying Title 42 must now end as COVID is "no longer necessary?"

"The Title 42 order was implemented in March 2020 under former President Donald Trump's administration as a way to keep COVID-19 outside American borders. President Biden's administration kept it in place amid warnings rescinding it could only worsen the border crisis. But the CDC recently announced that Title 42 expulsions will end May 23 because the public health order is "no longer necessary."

This kind of bullshit is why you get called out.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
He didn’t have the power to do it. Requires senate approval
Why would he not be able to pull the US out of NATO, but was able to pull us out of several other treaties? Were those not actually Senate approved and were more like agreements?

This too:

"Bonola is in the United States illegally, according to multiple law enforcement sources whose accounts were later confirmed by Homeland Security. Immigration and Customs Enforcement have lodged a detainer with Queens Central Booking."

Why would he not be able to pull the US out of NATO, but was able to pull us out of several other treaties? Were those not actually Senate approved and were more like agreements?
NATO is more complicated…
Good article on the subject….the constitution is a little more ambiguous on the subject than I thought.

under the terms of the treaty the president can’t withdraw but give 1 years notice of withdrawal.

There’s a bill in the senate to clarify

Reactions: BioHawk
NATO is more complicated…
Good article on the subject….the constitution is a little more ambiguous on the subject than I thought.

under the terms of the treaty the president can’t withdraw but give 1 years notice of withdrawal.

There’s a bill in the senate to clarify

Thank you for the links. It does seem clear that pulling out of NATO would certainly be more challenging than other treaties, but I think a Trump administration (or any administration that wanted to do it bad enough) would be able to figure out a way to do it. One thing they showed they were very good at, and Republicans in general, is they can find ways through the legal language to do what they want to do.

But that is all speculation. It is comforting to know it would take more than just saying "We're done with NATO" to accomplish that.

ADVERTISEMENT