ADVERTISEMENT

TJ Bollers to Wisconsin

For someone that remembers... Wasn't it young Bollers that tweeted something last winter that he wondered why Iowa coaches didn't come to one of his basketball games?

You can likely see why Hawkeye coaches backed off someone that selfish and self consumed.

I suspect Graves, the 2022 stud, will make Iowa fans say... "Bollers who"?
Give it a rest Mitch. Most people on here want to see an Iowa kid do well, plain and simple. Your much better suited to bad mouthing ISU. Stick with what your good at!;)

Lot of competition at OLB with Badgers .
4 stars ,Kaden Johnson, Nick Herbig and (my favorite )Aaron Witt , (though they could fatten Witt up And play him at WSDE ) Preston Zachman , the 6’2 , 210 lb HS QB who ran in the 4.5’s is another possibility and this year verbals, Darryl Peterson , Ayo Adebogun ( emerging under the radar talent) and now Bollers.
Lot’s of big time talent there for Bollers to negotiate his way through, not to mention 4 star Spencer Lyttle who RS’ed the year before and is a Frosh this season too.
Badger must love him and visa versa.

Who gives a rip? This is an Iowa board not Wisconsin football board.. don’t come over here and start talking how deep your team as no one cares - don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

Who gives a rip? This is an Iowa board not Wisconsin football board.. don’t come over here and start talking how deep your team as no one cares - don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out
That wasn’t my goal.
I was pointing out that Bollers might NOT be an OLB due to depth at the position.
I see him adding weight and playing as a 6’3 270-275 lb WSDE, ala Alec James a few years ago.
Of course if OLB is his true desired position, he can just wait his turn.

Reactions: hawkisak
Good luck to the kid. Love listening to his Dad on WMT Iowa post game shows. Assume he won't be doing those now.

That wasn’t my goal.
I was pointing out that Bollers might NOT be an OLB due to depth at the position.
I see him adding weight and playing as a 6’3 270-275 lb WSDE, ala Alec James a few years ago.
I’m with you, I just don’t see him at OLB. OLB’s in your system have to be rangy, which Bollers (at this point) does not appear to be.

giphy.gif

That wasn’t my goal.

Gotcha, my bad on that one, didn’t read that closely... congrats on getting Bollers though, regardless he’s going to be a good one and will probably be all world in Wisconsin’s defense

Good luck to the kid. Love listening to his Dad on WMT Iowa post game shows. Assume he won't be doing those now.
When the kid graduates, I'm gonna miss old man Bollers waving that form finger and yelling at the officials for the entire basketball game.

The only reason I'm even aware of kids like Bollers is because the college team I like was recruiting him.
So when these student/athletes chooses someone other than Iowa, its no big deal to me.
However, I don't wish them well, why should I ?
I don't hope ill will on them, or that they have to join the military and go to some meat grinder in the middle east, and find out what being a " hero " really means.
Hoping they do well tho? No, They made their choice and piss on them if it's not IOWA.

Good for him and I hope he does well, except against Iowa.
I wish him well. BUT, I fail to see why the DM Register needed to print his lengthy reasons for going there, his own words.--lengthy. Yes, I know not much sports going on,,,,but. Just a small paragraph would be fine.

Good choice for him. I fear we're in for another decade of being dominated by the Badgers.

Iowa has hardly been dominated by Wisconsin. Almost all the games have been ultra competitive for the past twenty years.

In the 2000s, Iowa had a stretch of beating Wisconsin 6/8. This past decade Wisconsin has won 7/8. While the win totals are lopsided for both decades, neither team has been "dominated" by the other.

Iowa has hardly been dominated by Wisconsin. Almost all the games have been ultra competitive for the past twenty years.

In the 2000s, Iowa had a stretch of beating Wisconsin 6/8. This past decade Wisconsin has won 7/8. While the win totals are lopsided for both decades, neither team has been "dominated" by the other.

This is true, every game is a battle, Badgers have had the upper hand though of late, especially since we went to the Aranda style defense which seems to Have worked well against Iowa.

I think this entire discussion about Bollers and the press, relates to the fact that Wisconsin rarely gets a TOP player out of Iowa, had Bollers chosen an Alabama or an Ohio State, it’s not as big a story.
Who is the last big time recruit Wisconsin took from Iowa in football?
That’s the story here.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
This is true, every game is a battle, Badgers have had the upper hand though of late, especially since we went to the Aranda style defense which seems to Have worked well against Iowa.

I think this entire discussion about Bollers and the press, relates to the fact that Wisconsin rarely gets a TOP player out of Iowa, had Bollers chosen an Alabama or an Ohio State, it’s not as big a story.
That’s the story here.

It was a juco kid, cant remember his name. Hybrid backer/pass rusher.

When the kid graduates, I'm gonna miss old man Bollers waving that form finger and yelling at the officials for the entire basketball game.

Does he do it in a nice manner? I was at a couple middle school football games where he coached and he yelled a lot but it was mostly all positive stuff.

That’s the story here.

The only thing I know is that the Iowa staff ended communication with him months ago, according to reports. That could be for many reasons.

If Bollers were to go anywhere in the Midwest, Wisconsin is a good choice. I would have felt much differently had he chosen Nebraska.

Does he do it in a nice manner? I was at a couple middle school football games where he coached and he yelled a lot but it was mostly all positive stuff.

He yells no more than any other parent at h.s games, Trev if just singled out because people know who he is.

Iowa has beaten Wisconsin in Kinnick since 2008....so it is getting pretty one sided...1976-1997 were much more much better days in this series for Iowa, but honestly, both programs are better today than in those years, with Wisconsin rising to a higher ceiling than Iowa's.

Every time young Bollers missed a shot... the old man was screaming that he got fouled. This went on for the entire time the son was in the game, even though he didn't start.

By the end of last season TJ was starting. TJ's little brother looks like he'll be a good athlete by the time he hits high school.

Here's to TJ Bollers having a nice Wisky career and may some Hawkeye OL give him a Marshal Yanda like welcoming (twice).

Last edited:
I like Iowa’s class a lot so far for 2021, I think not waiting as long, which I always thought was a dubious policy, has helped Iowa’s recruiting.
That and a good Instate class which always helps both programs.

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkinK.C.1
ADVERTISEMENT