ADVERTISEMENT

To those in charge..

Seems like they cancel and set dates and things before they should. I could see them canceling fb and bb in a week or so :confused:. People are starting to get fed up with being quarantined and not working also.

Reactions: hawkosx
Don't start f ing start canceling football and basketball way before you need to or know what's going to be happening months in advance!!!! That's all

They will make it as a conference. Not school by school and the Governors of the states will largely dictate up or down.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I like it kurt. We have therapeutics. May be we should outlaw smoking since that kills 440,000 ppl in the US EVERY YEAR. Our country is numb to death...then this happens
How about we make a giant deal over heart disease. It is only killing people world wide 30x faster than the COVID virus! Never heard anybody talk about rushing out to shut down all the fast food restaurants.

How about we make a giant deal over heart disease. It is only killing people world wide 30x faster than the COVID virus! Never heard anybody talk about rushing out to shut down all the fast food restaurants.

Like so much if your post 30x faster is absolutely wrong. Covid-19 is now killing more humans per day than any other cause.

Which thread is dumber? This one or the COVID-19 Hypothetical thread?

Lol, guess you don't really care if people are jumping the gun and cancelling sh** before they really need to. Maybe you don't care if you miss hawk fb and bb this fall and winter but I sure do. Go ahead and stay in your house and let this country go all to crap, because it will. You're kinda a fear monger.

Lol, guess you don't really care if people are jumping the gun and cancelling sh** before they really need to. Maybe you don't care if you miss hawk fb and bb this fall and winter but I sure do. Go ahead and stay in your house and let this country go all to crap, because it will. You're kinda a fear monger.

No one is cancelling anything at this point for 20-21. Nor should they. All the apocalyptic models have been off by orders of magnitude thus far (thank God). That doesn't mean I'm calling it "just the flu" (it's not). We were likely right to take the precautions, the virus is very nasty and should be taken seriously.

But much of the latest information has been good news. The Stanford study showing the prevalence of the disease is likely much higher (that means tons of people have had it and showed zero/little symptoms), the government study showing the virus doesn't last long in heat and humidity outside, the lack of an outbreak anywhere else in the U.S. other than NY/NJ, the fact that Florida hasn't been overwhelmed. The way forward seems straightforward. Protect the most vulnerable demographics (nursing homes, old people, people with pre-existing conditions), let people work while practicing good hygiene and social distancing, continue to test therapies, vaccines, etc. Continue to prohibit large gatherings (i.e. sporting events or concerts) but allow pro sports to be played without fans. This is not rocket science. But the goal cannot be don't open anything up until there are no cases or no deaths. We will never re-open if that is the standard.

Look up the word “contagious” and revisit your post. JFC.
My understanding is no one is immune. So wouldn't that imply we will ALL catch it eventually? Therefore the same number of people will die - just at a different rate. (As long as the hospitals are not overwhelmed).

comparisons to non-infectious chronic diseases are moronic and demonstrate a lack of understanding of epidemiology.
I’m trying to find the number of cardiologists over the past 30 years who were either physically incapacitated for an extended period of time or died due to treating their patients, and I’m having trouble finding that number...

College is not happening this year. Pro probably will.

FWIW a friend told me (ya ya) his friends kid, who plays P5 football, was told 2 days ago it's canceled this year. He is surprised the news hasn't leaked yet.

College is not happening this year. Pro probably will.

FWIW a friend told me (ya ya) his friends kid, who plays P5 football, was told 2 days ago it's canceled this year. He is surprised the news hasn't leaked yet.
While clearly still in the realm of rumor at this point, it wouldn't surprise me if there is no fall CFB season.

It may be that there are not even in person classes on college campuses this fall; courses may be entirely online.

It's all still up in the air

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/article242038051.html

https://www.si.com/college/tmg/tony-barnhart/fbs-football

cant imagine a fall without college football, especially one without the hawks. rationally, i dont know how football can happen this fall. in phase 2 of trump's reopening of american, groups of more than 50 should be avoided. how do we get from groups of 50 to groups of 70,000? without a vaccine, it seems impossible. (irrationally, i am still looking forward to seeing the hawks play this fall.)

What's amazing, in this time of deaths, unemployment, and business' that won't reopen, football is a discussion. My wife's business has been closed since the shit hit the fan. Football? Myself, family, and everyone come out of this alive and employed, that's important. Kurt, maybe IF people "made the call months in advance" as you say we wouldn't be in this shit now! Dumbass!!!

What's amazing, in this time of deaths, unemployment, and business' that won't reopen, football is a discussion. My wife's business has been closed since the shit hit the fan. Football? Myself, family, and everyone come out of this alive and employed, that's important. Kurt, maybe IF people "made the call months in advance" as you say we wouldn't be in this shit now! Dumbass!!!

Months in advance? Before we had a problem? How does that work, that doesn't make sense

Those that are blindly accepting orders like sheep need to be careful. Not saying social distancing is wrong but there is an apparent overreaction that will cause much more harm than is recognized currently. Case in point:
It’s a nightmare from a medical standpoint right now but not anything that the general public might think or what the media paints. Right now in SoCal at least, since I can’t speak for other parts of the country, If you call 911 reporting chest, shortness of breath, etc they will just ask a few questions like well do you have a cough or fever? If no then they probably won't even bother to send an ambulance. Nevermind you're dying of a heart attack but hey, you'll be fine since it doesn't sound like Covid19. I even had a patient (family practice) denied service by two different ERs when her family brought her in with face drooping, speech slurring, one side of body paralyzed, etc. Since it was apparently not related to Covid19, they were told to just go home ( with a freakin stroke!)
Doesn't even matter what your symptoms are, they just have one thing in mind, Covid19! Otherwise they won't even see you.
I've been on record of saying this so call crisis is way way blown out of proportion. The things we are doing is causing ten times the damage in all other ways. I like to see the statistics of how much medical damage has been done due to the over reaction to this infection by the medical community due to negligence plus the amount of overdose of Xanax and other sedatives, the immeasurable damage due to child sexual and physical abuse, etc etc and this is not even mentioning the financial damages. When we hit a depression, wait and see how many tens of thousands will commit suicide or die of starvation!
Meanwhile how many people realize that in 2017 alone, over 800,000 children under 5 died of pneumonia that year. This was only those under 5! Now factor in the elderly and everyone else in between. Was there any media coverage or shutdown accordingly?
For comparison, as of April 19, we are sitting at 164,000 deaths due to Covid-19 in the entire world. China under reported etc etc, either way it’s not in the same league in death toll as those from pneumonia or even the flu. You will see in the months ahead that the death rate of Covid19 is much much lower than current figures due to incomplete data. Again, not saying nothing needs to be done, but this reaction is too much!

So ask why this kind of reaction. IMO, it’s a
a legal issue just as much if not more than a medical issue. Problem was that when one very large company decided to shut down ( the NBA), it was a very big dominos piece to make everything shut down due to liability. I would write more on this but I’m getting hungry lol.

Last edited:
Those that are blindly accepting orders like sheep need to be careful. Not saying social distancing is wrong but there is an apparent overreaction that will cause much more harm than is recognized currently. Case in point:
It’s a nightmare from a medical standpoint right now but not anything that the general public might think or what the media paints. Right now in SoCal at least, since I can’t speak for other parts of the country, If you call 911 reporting chest, shortness of breath, etc they will just ask a few questions like well do you have a cough or fever? If no then they probably won't even bother to send an ambulance. Nevermind you're dying of a heart attack but hey, you'll be fine since it doesn't sound like Covid19. I even had a patient (family practice) denied service by two different ERs when her family brought her in with face drooping, speech slurring, one side of body paralyzed, etc. Since it was apparently not related to Covid19, they were told to just go home ( with a freakin stroke!)
Doesn't even matter what your symptoms are, they just have one thing in mind, Covid19! Otherwise they won't even see you.
I've been on record of saying this so call crisis is way way blown out of proportion. The things we are doing is causing ten times the damage in all other ways. I like to see the statistics of how much medical damage has been done due to the over reaction to this infection by the medical community due to negligence plus the amount of overdose of Xanax and other sedatives, the immeasurable damage due to child sexual and physical abuse, etc etc and this is not even mentioning the financial damages. When we hit a depression, wait and see how many tens of thousands will commit suicide or die of starvation!
Meanwhile how many people realize that in 2017 alone, over 800,000 children under 5 died of pneumonia that year. This was only those under 5! Now factor in the elderly and everyone else in between. Was there any media coverage or shutdown accordingly?
For comparison, as of April 19, we are sitting at 164,000 deaths due to Covid-19 in the entire world. China under reported etc etc, either way it’s not in the same league in death toll as those from pneumonia or even the flu. You will see in the months ahead that the death rate of Covid19 is much much lower than current figures due to incomplete data. Again, not saying nothing needs to be done, but this reaction is too much!

a legal issue just as much if not more than a medical issue. Problem was that when one very large company decided to shut down ( the NBA), it was a very big dominos piece to make everything shut down due to liability. I would write more on this but I’m getting hungry lol.
until we get enough medical supplies for our country we need to do everything we can to slow the spread of this as well as any other contagious diseases. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to figure out. Blame corporations and our dumbass politicians for letting it get to this. No reason our health should be in the hands of freaking China. Anyone at a hospital denying someone with a stroke is a flat out moron and if you think that is a regular occurrence I think you are mistaken!

Blaming this for some child rapist wife beaters drug users etc is pretty laughable in my opinion. Those jackasses would be doing the same either way. No excuses for that crap.

Don't start f ing start canceling football and basketball way before you need to or know what's going to be happening months in advance!!!! That's all
I don’t think this post be effective. Might want to actually say it to the people in charge.

Lololololol

until we get enough medical supplies for our country we need to do everything we can to slow the spread of this as well as any other contagious diseases. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to figure out. Blame corporations and our dumbass politicians for letting it get to this. No reason our health should be in the hands of freaking China. Anyone at a hospital denying someone with a stroke is a flat out moron and if you think that is a regular occurrence I think you are mistaken!

Blaming this for some child rapist wife beaters drug users etc is pretty laughable in my opinion. Those jackasses would be doing the same either way. No excuses for that crap.

Lololololol

Very insightful. There’s nothing funny about this fiasco whatsoever. I’m associated with two urgent cares and we’ve seen more MI’s(heart attacks) in the last three weeks than the last 14 years combined. All of them called 911 or tried to present to the ER and were flat out refused service. Does that make sense to you? All we can do at an urgent care is give them Aspirin and Nitroglycerin and some Oxygen from a portable tank and a prayer. Does that sound funny?
And yes it has become the norm as Covid19 has become everyone’s only item in there differential diagnosis. I can give you multiple other examples such as briefly, a 32 yo women( my patient that I triaged over the phone before sending her to the ER) with acute abdominal pain and fever for one day waited for three hours just to asked if she has cough, fever, or SOB before being sent home because it’s unlikely she has Covid19. Does that sound right to you as a lay person? I like you to laugh at my patients’ face and tell them they have been properly treated. Including the 79 year old with a massive stroke. I knew there’s no point in offering any reasonable insight as the whole world for the most part has been already sold that Covid19 is the be all and end all. It’s become unPC to even question the craziness that has become the norm.

For those that have reading comprehension issues, I’ll say it again, I’m not saying none of this is needed, social distancing etc, what I’m saying is perspective is important and always will be. If you can’t understand this concept then...

No one is cancelling anything at this point for 20-21. Nor should they. All the apocalyptic models have been off by orders of magnitude thus far (thank God). That doesn't mean I'm calling it "just the flu" (it's not). We were likely right to take the precautions, the virus is very nasty and should be taken seriously.

But much of the latest information has been good news. The Stanford study showing the prevalence of the disease is likely much higher (that means tons of people have had it and showed zero/little symptoms), the government study showing the virus doesn't last long in heat and humidity outside, the lack of an outbreak anywhere else in the U.S. other than NY/NJ, the fact that Florida hasn't been overwhelmed. The way forward seems straightforward. Protect the most vulnerable demographics (nursing homes, old people, people with pre-existing conditions), let people work while practicing good hygiene and social distancing, continue to test therapies, vaccines, etc. Continue to prohibit large gatherings (i.e. sporting events or concerts) but allow pro sports to be played without fans. This is not rocket science. But the goal cannot be don't open anything up until there are no cases or no deaths. We will never re-open if that is the standard.

That chit ain't happening because there's no money in it:rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT