ADVERTISEMENT

To understand why Trump won, look at Democratic hysteria

I'm explaining why the popular vote is meaningless. If the popular vote rules, then Iowans' votes mean absolutely noting. The coasts will decide all national elections.

More Americans voted for Hillary. You can hold the opinion that this doesn't matter. But you can't hold an opinion that it didn't happen.

Oh I get it.

Republicans chose Trump over several other candidates (most of whom were better) and now they are making excuses as to how he got it office. Then if any criticism at all is hurled towards Trump it's Hillary, Hillary, Hillary.

The party of fiscal and moral responsibility is long gone.

You have trouble reading? Obtuse? Or just a fundamental lack of understanding what electability means? Given your reply, you’re probably not one to be taken every seriously since you’re obviously incapable of taking a step back and assessing a situation. Especially if you’re regurgitating statements that clearly aren’t your own or exhibiting semblance of independent thought.

You have trouble reading? Obtuse? Or just a fundamental lack of understanding what electability means? Given your reply, you’re probably not one to be taken every seriously since you’re obviously incapable of taking a step back and assessing a situation. Especially if you’re regurgitating statements that clearly aren’t your own or exhibiting semblance of independent thought.
Go through this thread. Look at the actions of the Republican Party.

They lack accountability. Trump was elected President because Rs voted for him in the primaries and then in the general election. The idea that "this" happened because of liberals is so damn stupid and is an excuse so as to avoid accountability.

I miss the old GOP ... that country club party at least took responsibility. Now all you have is a President who berates women, veterans, and many Americans daily on Twitter. Yet all I hear from the right are excuses.

So, it's liberal's fault for Trump. Are you f*****g serious? You bought this shit show, you filled in the dot next to Trump, the least you could do is own up to it. Christ, you won't take responsibility for anything.
I think Trump is doing a great job. Undoing King Hussiens executive orders and cutting regulations and taxes. Winning!

You actually buy into Trump. You're dumb. You're like those idiots who bought into his fake university and kept forking over your money every month for bogus classes.

Trump is actually keeping his campaign promises. WTF are you talking about?

Of course it doesn't matter. We don't live in a direct democracy. For a very good reason, I might add.

You keep changing the subject. You said "the American people" didn't want Hillary. I pointed out that more American people voted for her, and you replied,"No."

You keep changing the subject. You said "the American people" didn't want Hillary. I pointed out that more American people voted for her, and you replied,"No."

Sorry, should have said "the American people as represented by their slate of state electors" but that's kinda clunky.

It’s only a matter of time until Trump’s own party turns on him and throws him under the bus. They will soon come to terms with the fact that he is a criminal and try to save face by framing it as if he went rogue when in fact it was a systemic issue.

The majority of the country didn’t vote for her and that’s why we have the electoral college

live_map_president.png

What promises has he kept? Moving the embassy to Jerusalem, any others?

I’m sure Mexico paying for the wall will happen any day.
Gorsuch. That's about it. The wall and Mexico never happened. The tax code was never simplified nor has it lead to an economy on steroids. Job creation is actually worse under Trump. He had no super secret way to defeat ISIS. Trump never released his taxes. The vast majority of regs he cut were never enacted in the first place. He never won a trade war with China. NK is still as dangerous as ever. Syria is still killing their own people. I can keep going on and on about all the promises he has broken.

Reactions: BioHawk
The majority of the country didn’t vote for her and that’s why we have the electoral college

live_map_president.png
Jesus, how can you flat out lie about stuff like this? It's demonstrably false that more people voted for Trump. Good grief, man.

live_map_president.png

It's sad and pathetic that these people have actually convinced themselves that geography is more important than people when it comes to governing.

Direct democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Get real, dude.

Says the backward minority that knows the only way they can maintain power is to continue to maintain the tyranny of the minority that we have set up right now.

I am sorry. Let me do it now. Thanks Obama for f-ing up Healthcare and lying about premiums going down and you can keep your Dr. Also for making this country so divided that we got a President Trump. And for helping get the worst candidate to run to replace you you could have found. Well done!

Jesus effing christ.

Reactions: Rudolph
It's Obama's fault that republicans picked Trump over 13 other candidates?

I remember when republicans used to be accountable for their actions.

And the DNC pushed along the only candidate that could possibly lose to him and democrats went along with it. I remember when democrats used to claim being a party of intellectual people.

2016 is a case study in the stupidity of our two party duopoly and those that subscribe to it.

I didn’t vote for Trump, but it’s my belief that he won for no other reason than the other major players candidate (Hillary) was viewed as more “deplorable”... which is hard to do when running against Trump. The other teams platform and message also did not resonate well.

I didn’t vote for Trump, but it’s my belief that he won for no other reason than the other major players candidate (Hillary) was viewed as more “deplorable”... which is hard to do when running against Trump. The other teams platform and message also did not resonate well.

That's fine and dandy but it doesn't explain how he was chosen in the primary from the "deepest field" ever.

Also the liberals fault I'm sure

Reactions: Rudolph and srams21

That's fine and dandy but it doesn't explain how he was chosen in the primary from the "deepest field" ever.

Also the liberals fault I'm sure

Again, my opinion, but when it became clear that Hillary was getting the lefts nod the right also went nuclear with someone just as deplorable, but perceived to be on the opposite end of the spectrum. Basically the choice came down to two terrible candidates.

The internet has rendered the original intent of the electoral college moot. It was never intended limit or inflate a state's influence in a presidential election.

What? It was absolutely intended to blunt the effects of direct democracy.

We don't vote for presidents. We vote for a slate of electors in the state we live in.

Because states matter in a Republic.

What? It was absolutely intended to blunt the effects of direct democracy.

We don't vote for presidents. We vote for a slate of electors in the state we live in.

Because states matter in a Republic.

You're wrong, it's intent was to keep the deciding votes in a class of people that had the ability to stay informed. The founders thought it would be a poor idea to have a direct democracy being wielded by a predominantly illiterate electorate. It had nothing to do with giving sparsely populated states more weight in national elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT