ADVERTISEMENT

Today's GOP

I assume what we're seeing there is one of those hard-core states rights types. They've been around forever. Not a sign of the times.

Obviously it's different if he deviates away from states rights on some issues and then invokes them on stuff like interracial marriage.

Why does the left hate states rights? I think the values and priorities of people living in Alabama are different from those living in California so why to leftists believe everyone has to think alike?

• Angry
Reactions: Tom Paris
Why does the left hate states rights? I think the values and priorities of people living in Alabama are different from those living in California so why to leftists believe everyone has to think alike?
States rights are fine as long as they don't infringe upon EVERY U.S. citizen's God-given rights as enshrined in the Constitution.

Tell me, Abby, were you cool with Alabama disallowing black students in its state university? Was that a case where the federal government and the rest of America should have thrown up their hands and said "Welp, I guess Alabamans don't want pesky negroes to be educated, that's THEIR RIGHT."

If you DO think that way, you are an even bigger piece of shit than I thought.

Barack Obama had a black father from Kenya and
a white mother from Kansas

Derek Jeter had a black father and a white mother.

Both Barack and Derek were successful in their careers.
One of them became U.S. President and one became a
member of the MLB Hall of Fame with 5 World Series
Championship rings.
Lute makes a good point. There are at least 2 interracial couple* who are success stories so don’t ban it too fast.

Last edited:
States rights are fine as long as they don't infringe upon EVERY U.S. citizen's God-given rights as enshrined in the Constitution.

Tell me, Abby, were you cool with Alabama disallowing black students in its state university? Was that a case where the federal government and the rest of America should have thrown up their hands and said "Welp, I guess Alabamans don't want pesky negroes to be educated, that's THEIR RIGHT."

If you DO think that way, you are an even bigger piece of shit than I thought.
Could go back further because southern states were up in arms about abolishing slavery famously touting the 10th amendment and "state's rights".

Lute makes a good point. There are at least 2 interracial people who are success stories so don’t ban it too fast.
I am shocked and disappointed Lute forgot America's first favorite interracial couple: Tom and Helen!!
screen-shot-2015-09-17-at-12-42-59-pm.png

Should fair housing laws only exist in certain states? Should lenders be able to discriminate based on race, (depending on their state of course)?

Look what the federal government has done with immigration. States could have done much better.

Reactions: hexumhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT