ADVERTISEMENT

Todays offfense

steaming-pile-of-manure.jpg

we will all live after today but realistically we are a 7-5 ream. Offensive line horrible
Cade? Would not start at Coe. And we paid him
I have to admit your hyperbole made me laugh anyway, but its what I've come to expect following a loss. I mean really? Try to remember that Deacon Hill is starting at Utah Tech or where ever he went. Is that lower then Coe College?

The play calling is better. Kaleb J is elite. O line is mid of pack at best running and below avg passing. QB has good pocket presence but terrible mechanics and mush arm. Receivers are a work in progress. TE should be a strong suit.

You are right on all that but I would argue the play calling is different and not really better. The lack of touches for KJ around the goal line is insane.

Just got to move to Sullivan. Now is the time.

Reactions: Thunderlips71
You are right on all that but I would argue the play calling is different and not really better. The lack of touches for KJ around the goal line is insane.

Yes, I k ow what you mean but it’s all relative and the fact we have more than 5 plays in the play book is a start. I thought our play calling was pretty good in the first half except near the goal line. 2nd half the play calling got stuck in the mud. But Cade’s execution (huge INT) was awful and I thought our O line got tired. Kaleb Brown would have had a TD with most qb’s, awful under throw.

The goal line playcalling was atrocious yesterday. The playcalling overall is way better. Lester has a game plan and is also committed to the run game. I had no idea what the plan was with BF. BF's offenses had no identity. At minimum Lester has gotten Iowa back to establishing the run is Iowa's identity. Problem yesterday was how bad McNamara was but that's the same old story and we know KF won't do a damn thing about it.

I think we had three or four straight 3&Outs in the second half

Not sure you can really say the offense played great.

Kaleb played great.

A triple option military academy generate more than 99 passing yards.

Stop blaming coaches, stop blaming OL .. they were not the problem. Cade is just not a good qb at all. 13-30 for 99 yards and missed a ton of receivers, some wide open.

This starts and stops at the efficiency of the QB, and he wasn't good.

Our offense played pretty well today. Cade did not. Just imagine on the series at the end of the game instead of just handing to Kaleb, we could run a zone read with a quarterback that could run.
Yes. Sullivan is also 6’4 220.

The coaches could change the poorly performing QB

There’s no rule against substituting a bad player out.

It’s 100% on coaches for letting Cade hurt the team
Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon

KFz chooses to start (and stick with) the lousiest QB on the roster. Year. After year. After year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT