ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen LOL

Mr. Carfino

HR Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2004
Aside from being a complete weirdo, in his 4 years at IU, he has a total of 2 wins against FBS teams that ended the season with a winning record. Let that sink in. And IU fans act like he’s Bear Bryant.

If you ask the average IU fan over here, they think the East will be a battle between IU and OSU for years to come.

I can’t freaking wait for the 2021 opener. Kinnick will be pretty fun.

If you're gonna talk, IU, you'd better back it up. You just lost to a 4-5 team. I thought you deserved a better ranking and bowl matchup, but now I have to admit I was wrong. You got what you deserved, and even then you couldn't figure out a way to win.

Say what you might, but it was the first time I saw a coach being interviewed after a game and five or six players came up and said come play for this man. That tells me that Allen can relate to his players.

It is a bad look to remove the logo. They did get screwed in their bowl game but so did Iowa and other schools. At least IU got to play in a bowl. It proved right that OSU got to the playoff but instead of people having some sympathy for them they look like they are babies throwing a tantrum. How about the big ten take bowl money back from all of the years IU didn't go to a bowl? This schtick will grow tiresome.

He is a good man and a good coach. It will be hard to get kids out of Indianapolis area with him doing well at IU. The man worked is way up the good old fashion way, started at the High School level and slowly moved up the ranks to get this chance. Good for him.

A lot of people are pi$$ed at the Big10 and their leadership and are piling on the Indiana “statement”.

My opinion, they are a bunch of crybabies and wanted a free pass to the Big10 title game. What a terrible look for a team that was sort of a good story this season. I mean, they had a winning record. Not an amazing story like many portrayed it to be. Can’t wait to beat their a$$ in Kinnick to open the season next year!

He is a good man and a good coach. It will be hard to get kids out of Indianapolis area with him doing well at IU. The man worked is way up the good old fashion way, started at the High School level and slowly moved up the ranks to get this chance. Good for him.

But handled this entire O$U thing as poorly as he possibly could have.

Saw a story during this season where he had their players write down which game they think they will have the hardest time of winning this year. He wanted to make a point that if you wrote down O$U you should leave our program right now.

But, then they wanted to go to the Big10 title game without actually beating them. And now they are protesting the Big10 cause of it. Terrible leadership IMO!

Reactions: JupiterHawk
What uniform normally looked like:

EqrMPjEXMAAON8J

What uniform looked like for bowl game:

EqrMPjEXAAQsUx-

EqrMPjEW4AkCIur

In fairness to IU, they did have 15 players out due to COVID. That said, Iowa better piss pound them in September!

Had they played Iowa like they were suppose to in the conference playoffs they wouldn't have had that bowl bid in the first place. Did they have the issue with players before sidestepping Iowa knowing Purdue wasn't gonna be able to play and then use the 15 players not dressed as an excuse for their play in the Bowl game? KARMA BABY

Had they played Iowa like they were suppose to in the conference playoffs they wouldn't have had that bowl bid in the first place. Did they have the issue with players before sidestepping Iowa knowing Purdue wasn't gonna be able to play and then use the 15 players not dressed as an excuse for their play in the Bowl game? KARMA BABY
Wait, wut? Did IU have the opportunity to play Iowa or did the BIG schedule the Old Oaken bucket game since the BIG sent fOSU to the title game?

Wait, wut? Did IU have the opportunity to play Iowa or did the BIG schedule the Old Oaken bucket game since the BIG sent fOSU to the title game?
Do you think the B10 would have scheduled that game if Indiana makes it known they want a 2vs2 matchup with Iowa like what was supposed to happen? They wanted Purdue.

Reactions: grhawk
We start slow every year. It usually takes us a couple game to get rolling.
I seriously doubt we're going to piss-pound ANY B1G team to start the season, especially Indiana. They have a ton of confidence, and will want to make a strong statement to start the season.

We couldn't even beat an awful Purdue team this year.
I know, I know, new QB... no spring....blah, blah, blah.... but we always start out slow anyway.
I just don't see us winning that first game.

Since I couldn't watch the game, which one of their geniuses got an unsporstsmanlike on their last possession?

I was pulling for them at the start of the year, but not so much now. If they dont' like it, they can find another home. They need the Big 10 much more than the Big 10 needs them.

Reactions: kceasthawk
2021 could be another truncated season with a new schedule. Maybe Indiana will get the Neb treatment in that case.
No doubt. I have a feeling that Allen is going to regret some decisions made these last few weeks, either in blowback from the league office or a couple of teams take them back behind the woodshed....

Reactions: JupiterHawk
No doubt. I have a feeling that Allen is going to regret some decisions made these last few weeks, either in blowback from the league office or a couple of teams take them back behind the woodshed....

If Kevin Warren doesn't penalize Indiana in some way he'll have confirmed his ineptitude.
I'd be curious what the B1G contract says regarding schools displaying the conference logo. If it's explicitly stated that teams will display the logo on their unis, he has an open and shut case. Take away some of their TV/bowl money for this season.

Some Indiana fans are saying the B1G teams are scared of IU now that they are challenging for top dog lol. They did look scary in their bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT