ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brady has really taken my NFL viewing experiance to a new level

Not sure he’s worth $38M per year….obviously he’ll grow into it. But this was the insight about the Browns at halftime.

“You're going backwards as much as you're going forwards..."

Pay me $300k per year for that shit.

True. But is he really any better or worse than Greg Olsen? I'm just saying the contract he signed has zero ROI. The NFL could have no names doing PBP, Color, sideline, and pre/half/post game show and it wouldn't change anything really.

I dunno about that…

True. But is he really any better or worse than Greg Olsen? I'm just saying the contract he signed has zero ROI. The NFL could have no names doing PBP, Color, sideline, and pre/half/post game show and it wouldn't change anything really.
Frankly, centers are often as smart or smarter than QBs and almost universally more entertaining.

They’d also take less money, lol.

you think NFL is the most viewed / poplular sport based on who is calling the games and doing shows?

I'm not saying you could have hacks covering the sport. I'm saying the NFL sells itself and there is no need to make expensive/ splash hires to cover it.
Agreed if I was a network I would let the super expensive talent leave.

Nobody is not going to watch the nfl on Fox if it’s Greg Olsen vs Brady. It’s like they are dreaming up ways to cut profits.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Frankly, centers are often as smart or smarter than QBs and almost universally more entertaining.

They’d also take less money, lol.
Used to be that the center was recognized as the on-field game manager and he had to be a sharp guy. The QB was the executioner of the game plan but the center made sure everyone knew their job.
In fact offensive linemen were usually the “smarter group” on the field. They were also the “characters” - funny and smart.
Lots of B1G guys…

Agreed if I was a network I would let the super expensive talent leave.

Nobody is not going to watch the nfl on Fox if it’s Greg Olsen vs Brady. It’s like they are dreaming up ways to cut profits.
they have FU money and can't F up. quit acting like it matters. someone like Erin Andrews on sideline even more comical. It could be Eric Anderson and it wouldn't make a difference in ratings.

Used to be that the center was recognized as the on-field game manager and he had to be a sharp guy. The QB was the executioner of the game plan but the center made sure everyone knew their job.
In fact offensive linemen were usually the “smarter group” on the field. They were also the “characters” - funny and smart.
Lots of B1G guys…
Oline has NEVER been the smarter group on the field imo. Centers have the most responsibilities as far as blocking schemes. Also, the qb is the manager of the offense, not the center.

Oline has NEVER been the smarter group on the field imo. Centers have the most responsibilities as far as blocking schemes. Also, the qb is the manager of the offense, not the center.
Well look at you finally responding to one of my posts instead of just responding with 🤣.
So where did YOU play ball?
I of course did not but I do know a bit about the game at the collegiate and pro level.

Well look at you finally responding to one of my posts instead of just responding with 🤣.
So where did YOU play ball?
I of course did not but I do know a bit about the game at the collegiate and pro level.
I played a few more snaps than you. 🤣

Seems weird to pay that for a broadcaster vs perhaps someone you put in studio show to get people to watch pregame and postgame shows.

I've been saying the following for 20+ years around this place.

When it comes to watching football, the announcers don't really add anything to the broadcast for me. It's like my brain has selectively muted them out where only about maybe 5% of what they say actually is heard.

If you have a big screen, you can see for yourself enough detail to know what's going on and don't really need announcers because of graphics giving you down and distance + time, replays visually describing what occurred if you missed something, etc.

Otherwise, I honestly do not care who calls games any more (unless it's Gus Johnson, who is absolutely terrible).

Maybe I didn’t play but I assure you I was around the game for several years very much up close and personal.
BTW anyone who’s ever taken a snap has played more than me.
So what did you do that was up close and personal?

Reactions: RileyHawk
Announcers anymore seem to take more away from the game by making it about themselves and their ego (i.e. Gus Johnson, Tony Romo). I only heard a little bit of Brady today and it wasn't terribly impressive, but not terrible. I'm not sure he's worth the money they're spending, but they make fortunes so who am I to say if some rich network exec wants to overspend to inflate their ego.

Reactions: torbee
So really you don't know much more than a cheer leader? 🤣
I wasn’t a cheerleader.
On the college level as a female you’re the player’s girlfriend and you’re just supportive.

On the professional level you’re one of the wives, so It involves his livelihood annd his job and you discuss things with your hubby and others like teammates and wives. It’s a pretty big transition.

And I was gently trying to infer that any more information was personal.

And yet…now it seems like you’re veering into misogyny by assuming that women can’t understand football?
Tsk tsk. Not a good look for a liberal.

I wasn’t a cheerleader.
On the college level as a female you’re the player’s girlfriend and you’re just supportive.

On the professional level you’re one of the wives, so It involves his livelihood annd his job and you discuss things with your hubby and others like teammates and wives. It’s a pretty big transition.

And I was gently trying to infer that any more information was personal.

And yet…now it seems like you’re veering into misogyny by assuming that women can’t understand football?
Tsk tsk. Not a good look for a liberal.
Wow!🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT