ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Thibodeau takes over Knicks

I guess the theory is the Knicks realize they're cursed and doomed and will never get lucky with the lottery AND draft well in the same year so instead of looking for people to lead a championship team in NYC, the best they can hope for is to get back on the 4/5 seed treadmill. They got their guy.

I guess the theory is the Knicks realize they're cursed and doomed and will never get lucky with the lottery AND draft well in the same year so instead of looking for people to lead a championship team in NYC, the best they can hope for is to get back on the 4/5 seed treadmill. They got their guy.

Who is that? The game has passed Thibs by and he hasn’t adjusted. He was not a good coach in Minnesota, and he wants way too much organizational control.

I guess you're right. Been pretty bad for several years now.

But it is a typical Knicks hire so there’s that. It was between him and Jason Kidd app obviously they just wanted the name hire. Kenny Atckinson would have been my guy if I was making the hire.

I almost feel bad for Knicks fans that still have hope they could turn things around soon.

tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: GOHOX69
But it is a typical Knicks hire so there’s that. It was between him and Jason Kidd app obviously they just wanted the name hire. Kenny Atckinson would have been my guy if I was making the hire.

Yeah I don't think it's going to help them get free agents. No quick fix for that which is probably what they're hoping for.

Reactions: 33hawkfan
Yeah I don't think it's going to help them get free agents. No quick fix for that which is probably what they're hoping for.

Agreed and it’s what they’ve been hoping for since LeBron in 2010, and really before that even. That’s why I would hire Atkinson he did a great job developing young, non lottery talent in Brooklyn before getting run out by Kyrie and Durant. Of course Brooklyn also has a really good front office that could identify undervalued young players which the Knicks don’t have.

Reactions: ConvenientParking
I almost feel bad for Knicks fans that still have hope they could turn things around soon.

tenor.gif
As a Knicks fan Hope is all we got. Holding on to it is necessary. I don't think any Knick fan believes soon applies to us. I don't need a 12 step program to figure that out MJ.

We‘ve been in the 9th circle of hell for awhile now
Reggie Miller made every three he put up. Pacers did play dirty in that series and with no calls. Not a sore loser but refs missed on quite a few cheap shots. Since then?

Last edited:
Today's NBA teams need two Super-Stars to compete
for a title. The Knicks are a long way from being a real
contender. A retread coach will not make a big difference.

Today's NBA teams need two Super-Stars to compete
for a title. The Knicks are a long way from being a real
contender. A retread coach will not make a big difference.
Kobe did it. You need good players around you.

Reggie Miller made every three he put up. Pacers did play dirty in that series and with no calls. Not a sore loser but refs missed on quite a few cheap shots. Since then?
Since ‘99, the last year the Knicks reached the Finals and the same year lil Jimmy Dolan was given more management responsibilities for MSG.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT