ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Gwynn

Kinnick.At.Night

HR Legend
Jun 27, 2018
He could pull, he could swing even to center and he could wait and push to left. All with big average. And decent power. RIP, Mr. Gwynn.

tumblr_n79zk3AUlQ1raip6qo1_400.gifv

The pitcher in that gif is Sid Fernandez. I think! He threw an elite fastball. The way TG holds his hands back and pushes to left. I can only smile.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
Yeah. It’s such an early read from Gwynn there. He sees it in the delivery that he’s going the other way (or take). I used to hit like that (I mean, I think, or still do?).

Yeah. It’s such an early read from Gwynn there. He sees it in the delivery that he’s going the other way (or take). I used to hit like that (I mean, I think, or still do?).

He could do what he wanted though. He could have pulled that same pitch down the right field line.

Since World War II, Gwynn is the only player to bat above .350 in five consecutive seasons (from 1993-97). Ty Cobb, Rogers Hornsby and Al Simmons did so before him.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
Excellent eye/hand coordination/balance and just went with the pitch. No launch angle bullshit. He made solid/good contact

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT