ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Perkins

Pretty good. Glad you are finally getting guys athletic enough to do that.

We didn't have a single dunk against Michigan last night.
The days of the Aaron White, Tyler Cook highlight reels are a distant memory. Oh well, I'd settle for this team to tighten up the defense instead of a bunch of thunder chunkies!

Iowa did have a dunk attempt, but Kreiner clanked it off the rim.

It's not about dunks; it's about defense and rebounding, especially limiting the opponent's offensive rebounds. Better perimeter defense and three or four more offensive boards and Iowa wins.

The Hawkeyes played a heckuva game anyway, and if Michigan hadn't shot so well from three, Iowa could have won. But they never let Michigan put the game away until the final minute or two, so I'm looking forward to payback in Iowa City.

especially on the perimeter, we have about 1 guy that can keep up with just about anyone out there.. we need about 3 more!

I am pretty certain PSU has some pretty athletic and salty defenders and they just got beat by 32 points to the Buckeyes in Columbus....posted their stats in another thread but crap happens on the road.....

I am pretty certain PSU has some pretty athletic and salty defenders and they just got beat by 32 points to the Buckeyes in Columbus....posted their stats in another thread but crap happens on the road.....

yes and OSU has some exceptionally athletic and sallty defenders, they will beat a lot of teams this year... home and away.

Reactions: RocknRollface
That was my exact sentiment when I saw highlights of one of your recruits hitting a 3. I was thinking it’s nice Iowa State will finally have a guy who can hit a shot beyond the arc.
I saw those highlights of Foster as well.

OSU plays better defense than PSU.

We didn't have a single dunk against Michigan last night.
The days of the Aaron White, Tyler Cook highlight reels are a distant memory. Oh well, I'd settle for this team to tighten up the defense instead of a bunch of thunder chunkies!

I guess i forgot we didn't have ONE dunk btw whitey and TC. Man i forgot that..dunking is over rated. Reverse the ball and feed the post..inside out game

I was always told Defense wins championships.
giphy.gif

Two very nice shots indeed. Before he came in i had noticed he seemed very very disinterested on the bench. It seemed like something was really bothering him. Not trying to start anything but it was something I noticed.

He was very impressive when he came in although.

Two very nice shots indeed. Before he came in i had noticed he seemed very very disinterested on the bench. It seemed like something was really bothering him. Not trying to start anything but it was something I noticed.

He was very impressive when he came in although.

Generally speaking I've been pretty impressed with how supportive the bench has been this year, very vocal and animated on the sidelines. I'm sure its tough on a lot of these kids to get little to no minutes each game as we have such an experienced group playing the bulk of the minutes. Kids like Perkins and Ulis were stars at the HS level, I suspect it is very humbling for them to play the role of the cheerleader this year with limited minutes in games that haven't been decided. Each of these kids could have gone to mid majors and earned more minutes their first year on campus, lets hope the keep the big picture in mind. I suspect assistants assume the role of keeping the young kids and bench players engaged and supportive, maybe Nicholas Baer as well. I'd say its been successful so far this year.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Hope the kid sticks with it! This year doesn’t impact eligibility he has a bright career ahead of him..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT