ADVERTISEMENT

Too early for a lineup prediction thread?

I have no idea why you are here.

Every other person on this board that calls themselves a Hawkeye fan thinks the HWC is a “useful cause.” I’m typically not one for diagnosing long-distance, but you have major Oppositional Defiance Disorder. Aka, being a punkass about anything and everything for no good reason.
Welp, apparently you cant read. I think hwc is a useful cause. If you re-read (may take you 5 or 6 tries) my post, you'll see i typed MORE useful cause. Durrr....

And if your on this board with its content it is the most useful cause.. ok here is where I get the “So a charity that feeds the homeless is not a more worthy cause” yeah yeah I know there are many great charities and some not so much my favorite is St Jude myself none more worthy imo. But we are on a Hawkeye Wrestling board so get lost if you don’t think HWC is not a good cause....
My goodness, you may want to go back to elementary school and learn to put together a paragraph or go get checked for a stroke. Wowzers, that was bad.

I didn't want his 1000 to go to hwc if i won, i wanted it to go to a more useful cause.
Also, its not a bet then. Theres no point in making any prediction. The point of a bet is someone losing money and someone gaining money.
Also, he "disrespects" (as others would say) me by saying i have engaged in no reasoned thinking. I'd like him to explain his reasoned thinking with stoll scoring 29 friggin points.

Hey Pussy

You have not taken the take it or leave it bet.

You have not accepted the wrestling challenge.

What up? I'd say there is no there, there.

No way Moore is to small for 285 and he is NOT Snyder

Are you sure you're familiar with Kollin Moore? He was a very big 197 with a heck of a big frame. If he goes to heavy, and it definitely appears he will, with tOSU's strength program he will be an athletic 250+ by next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: WDuck5217
Hey Pussy

You sure are having a struggle posting your reasoned thinking on how stoll is gonna score 29 next year.

Are you sure you're familiar with Kollin Moore? He was a very big 197 with a heck of a frame. If he goes to heavy, and it definitely appears he will, with tOSU's strength program he will be an athletic 25+ by next season.
Yes I’m very familiar and yes they have an excellent strength program I can say I’m very familiar with this area. I don’t see him able to compete for a title next season at 285. Let’s say his walk around weight is 220 and he can pack on 20 lbs of solid muscle, unlikely but there is some “tricks” oh and not all size = strength. That would make him walking at 240 he will lose at least 5 lbs probably more in season mainly cause he is not used to to carrying that weight. So that makes him 235lbs and not used to carrying this weight competing against the field at 285. He was not even in the top 3 size and strength at 197 this year behind Haught, Macchiavello and Conel who manhandeled him. In comparison Kasper from Duke who has a bigger frame and is a natural solid 240lbs he was not big enough or strong enough . Even if Moore is the better wrestler I don’t see it happening if he wants to be a champ.. HE is no Snyder. I do believe the field at 285 next season is weaker compared to this past season. If Gable S goes as a true Frosh which I see no reason why he would not it would make it a real long shot..

Last edited:
Hey Pussy

You sure are having a struggle posting your reasoned thinking on how stoll is gonna score 29 next year.
Hey Patty....maybe Stoll will pin his way thru the tourney....do we have to spell it out for you? This is all speculation so chill out already dude!

Are you sure you're familiar with Kollin Moore? He was a very big 197 with a heck of a big frame. If he goes to heavy, and it definitely appears he will, with tOSU's strength program he will be an athletic 250+ by next season.

250+............you wanna back that up with a $1,000 bet? ;)

And don't try and move the Goalposts down to 235. Seen that one already.
rainbowf.gif

Yes I’m very familiar and yes they have an excellent strength program I can say I’m very familiar with this area. I don’t see him able to compete for a title next season at 285. Let’s say his walk around weight is 220 and he can pack on 20 lbs of solid muscle, unlikely but there is some “tricks” oh and not all size = strength. That would make him walking at 240 he will lose at least 5 lbs probably more in season mainly cause he is not used to to carrying that weight. So that makes him 235lbs and not used to carrying this weight competing against the field at 285. He was not even in the top 3 size and strength at 197 this year behind Haught, Macchiavello and Conel who manhandeled him. In comparison Kasper from Duke who has a bigger frame and is a natural solid 240lbs he was not big enough or strong enough . Even if Moore is the better wrestler I don’t see it happening if he wants to be a champ.. HE is no Snyder. I do believe the field at 285 next season is weaker compared to this past season. If Gable S goes as a true Frosh which I see no reason why he would not it would make it a real long shot..

I don't know where to begin.

It's "unlikely" for him to gain 20 lbs in the off-season? Huh? Shouldn't be an issue for a dedicated guy in the right program.

Kasper from Duke wasn't big enough or strong enough? If so how did he stick Sam Stoll and finish 4th? And how did he AA at HWT twice?

Derek White can go from non descript 197 pounder to the round of 12 at HWT but if a far more talented Moore does the same he can't compete?

Is your point that he can't go to HWT and be successful or that he won't win an NCAA title at HWT? Because we started out with the former and now it at least appears you've moved the goal posts to the latter.

Reactions: Pat_Pendleton

It's "unlikely" for him to gain 20 lbs in the off-season? Huh? Shouldn't be an issue for a dedicated guy in the right program.

Kasper from Duke wasn't big enough or strong enough? If so how did he stick Sam Stoll and finish 4th? And how did he AA at HWT twice?

Derek White can go from non descript 197 pounder to the round of 12 at HWT but if a far more talented Moore does the same he can't compete?

Is your point that he can't go to HWT and be successful or that he won't win an NCAA title at HWT? Because we started out with the former and now it at least appears you've moved the goal posts to the latter.
Well I guess I made the assumption we were talking about him being competitive for a title . And yes Kasper caught Stoll let me ask you this who wins Kasper or Moore+25lbs I would take Kasper.

So in your reference to Derek white do you think Moore would move up to be a R12 or low AA cause that’s where he will be..

Well I guess I made the assumption we were talking about him being competitive for a title . And yes Kasper caught Stoll let me ask you this who wins Kasper or Moore+25lbs I would take Kasper.

Kasper was already a 2 time AA when he stuck Stoll. And if Moore could get in Kasper's weight range I will take Moore. No question. Have we already forgotten how good he was prior to his weight struggles?

So in your reference to Derek white do you think Moore would move up to be a R12 or low AA cause that’s where he will be..

Moore was a much better 197 than was White and White added the weight and made round 12. No doubt in my mind that Moore can AA at HWT with a good off-season. Especially with the field coming back next season.

Moore was a much better 197 than was White and White added the weight and made round 12. No doubt in my mind that Moore can AA at HWT with a good off-season. Especially with the field coming back next season.
I don’t doubt he can AA if in fact his down year was solely due to the weight cut. But I don’t think he sniffs a title at 285

The 250 was exactly the point, he will not be a solid 250lbs by next year and I will put my money where my mouth is on that....

No. The point is that you said there's "no way" he can be a HWT. 240, 245, 250...doesn't change the point. And note you claimed it is "unlikely" he could pack on the muscle to get to 240. Oh and you later claimed Kasper couldn't compete at HWT...even though he AA'd at HWT...twice.

Reactions: Pat_Pendleton
No. The point is that you said there's "no way" he can be a HWT. 240, 245, 250...doesn't change the point. And note you claimed it is "unlikely" he could pack on the muscle to get to 240. Oh and you later claimed Kasper couldn't compete at HWT...even though he AA'd at HWT...twice.
When I said Kasper was not big enough or strong enough it was referring to winning the title. I still maintain to be really solid and naturally carrying 240 or more by next year is unlikely. We could go on with this all day we disagree that’s fine time will tell if you would like a friendly wager on the matter proceeds going to HWC. Let’s set the terms

When I said Kasper was not big enough or strong enough it was referring to winning the title. I still maintain to be really solid and naturally carrying 240 or more by next year is unlikely. We could go on with this all day we disagree that’s fine time will tell if you would like a friendly wager on the matter proceeds going to HWC. Let’s set the terms

I will not be making cash bets. Maybe a sig bet. But since it went from he can't be a HWT to he can't be an NCAA champ I'm not sure what there is to bet on.

What was this thread title again oh yeah lineup predictions. Well besides Moore still being the 97lber for tanst. I also think Bowman gives Wilke all he can handle for the Hawks at 184.

I will not be making cash bets. Maybe a sig bet. But since it went from he can't be a HWT to he can't be an NCAA champ I'm not sure what there is to bet on.
Ok I don’t know what a sig bet is . So no money let’s say the wager is bragging rights the loser posts a thread “I lost a friendly bet to ... “ and an explanation. Let’s say if he does go Hwt for next year my wager is not only will he not be a solid #250 but he will not place in the top 5 as a Hwt next year.. how does that sound...

Reactions: wasdt21

I agree. They've proven to have a quality weight program and they are very good at planning their lineup out. Personally if I was Myles Martin, I'd take advantage of the resources and get to 197. As talented as he is and as bare as 197 is that would be his to lose.

Reactions: Dagboi
Ok I don’t know what a sig bet is . So no money let’s say the wager is bragging rights the loser posts a thread “I lost a friendly bet to ... “ and an explanation. Let’s say if he does go Hwt for next year my wager is not only will he not be a solid #250 but he will not place in the top 5 as a Hwt next year.. how does that sound...

I don't know how we would ever be able to monitor his exact weight and determine and what solid is. If he goes HWT I bet he places top 5. Loser can put something in their post signature about the other guy being smarter or something.

I don't know how we would ever be able to monitor his exact weight and determine and what solid is. If he goes HWT I bet he places top 5. Loser can put something in their post signature about the other guy being smarter or something.
Ok that’s fine.
I’m sure we will know what he is weighting in at but I will go with that...remember he will not be cutting any weight he will be on full feed in season curious to see what he weighs when the Hawks wrestle tanst

Its past that Pussy. You've been called out, and you ain't got nuthin

Crawl back into your hole.
LOL, ok. First of all im not cutting to 190 pounds to roll your old ass. Secondly im not 45+ years old. Thirdly, you tell me i dont use reasoning but you cant explain how you came to the conclusion that stoll will score 29 next year. Its not past that, im waiting to hear about this thing you call reasoned thinking. Please, show me so i can explain that anytime to someone who didnt use reasoning (even tho you just threw out numbers with no reasoning).
Lastly, you're 60, challenging message board posters to wrestling matches. LOL

This is basically true. Moore will be just fine at heavyweight, and this should be where he goes. The question of course is that Ryan has his guys cut massive amounts of weight, so will they let him or not? Moore's problem was that he was having terrible problems making weight all year, and that showed up in March in Cleveland. I guarantee you if he moves up he easily beats Singletary in their room and wins the job, but if he moves up, that means Ryan is conceding this season. Ryan SHOULD be conceding this year because his best lineup is finishing 3rd at best and 4th if Oklahoma State has a good tournament. This year is a two horse race and none of those horses are tan: They're midnight blue and black and gold.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT