ADVERTISEMENT

Top 14 classic rock songs in Kansas City

HawkInMO

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2002
Went out for a run and caught the last 14 songs in the KCFX Memorial Day Top 500 Classic Rock Countdown. Songs are voted on by listeners in the Kansas City area.

14. Pour Some Sugar on Me - Def Leppard (1987)
13. Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1974)
12. We Will Rock You / We Are the Champions - Queen (1977)
11. All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (1968)
10. Don't Stop Believing - Journey (1981)
9. Money - Pink Floyd (1973)
8. Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who (1971)
7. Panama - by Van Halen (1984)
6. Hotel California - Eagles (1977)
5. Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith (1975)
4. Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 - Pink Floyd (1979)

Anyone want to guess what #3 thru #1 were?

3. It’s raining men.
2. Oops, I did it again.
1. Party in the USA?

I’m guessing there is a Stones, Dylan, and GNR song in the Top 3 someplace.

Freebird and Stairway.

I forgot about AC/DC. Depending on what’s already been played it’s either Back in Black or You Shook Me
Very good!

Final 3 in the countdown:
3. Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd (1974) - Kind of an upset, usually #2
2. You Shook Me All Night Long - AC/DC (1986)
1. Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin (1971)

napoleon-dynamite-funny.gif

Reactions: Jake9CNN and ping72
We need to establish what is classical rock? Is rock music that is 20 years old considered classic rock?

The Kansas City countdown includes songs from the 60s thru the 90s. Don't think I've ever heard anything from the 21st century in the years I've been listening to it. But the songs are voted on by listeners so if a bunch of people start voting for 21st century stuff it will probably make the countdown.

The Kansas City countdown includes songs from the 60s thru the 90s. Don't think I've ever heard anything from the 21st century in the years I've been listening to it. But the songs are voted on by listeners so if a bunch of people start voting for 21st century stuff it will probably make the countdown.

Young people don't listen to radio....

Reactions: BrunoMars420
“Every Breath You Take” by the Police has lost a lot of luster over the years. That used to to always be in the top 5 of those.

Last edited:
A lot of Police fans were still young enough to grow away from radio when the time came,.. Not so much for the Stairway to Heaven and Free Bird crowd...

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT