ADVERTISEMENT

Top 3 spring game attendance belong to Big Ten Teams.

So how much revenue was generated from these large crowds? Any charities benefit from fundraising at any of these?

I'd be surprised if Iowa had 10,000+. Low population state with a lot of youth involved in baseball, softball, and soccer on weekends, not to mention the Drake Relays going on.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by BuffSurveyor:

So, how will Iowa rank on this list?
Let's be honest, If Pelini would have been retained as Head Coach Nebraska would have had half if that for their Spring Game.

With a new Head Coach and different direction in attitude and our obsession over our program you seen what happened.

Iowa had a very disappointed season last year and some don't see the upcoming season being much better.

If they would have Fired KF and hired someone like Bob Stoops you would see them fill their spring game.

Originally posted by scarletred:

Originally posted by BuffSurveyor:

Let's be honest, If Pelini would have been retained as Head Coach Nebraska would have had half if that for their Spring Game.

With a new Head Coach and different direction in attitude and our obsession over our program you seen what happened.

Iowa had a very disappointed season last year and some don't see the upcoming season being much better.

If they would have Fired KF and hired someone like Bob Stoops you would see them fill their spring game.
All valid points.
smile.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BuffSurveyor

Doubt it. Though the spring game attendance was elevated partly due to a new coaching staff, much of it had to do with the perfect game day weather which would have remained regardless of which staff was coaching. Husker spring game attendance hasn't dipped below the 60,000 mark for the last eight years (with the obvious exception of 2012 when the game was canceled due to inclement weather).

2008 - 80,000 / 2009 - 78,000 / 2010 - 78,000 / 2011 - 68,000 / 2012 - canceled / 2013 - 60,000 / 2014 - 62,000 / 2015 - 76,000

Nebraska has a bigger, more loyal fan base and a better overall football program than Iowa. Not surprised.

No UNL fans know the meaning of this game just like OSU and Michigan fans know the meaning of the game. All 3 of them just have a more loyal fanbase than Iowa. It doesnt help that Iowa has their spring game at a High School Stadium. But I guess KF wants the stands to look full no matter where they are.

Originally posted by hawkinne:
Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
What kind of reward do they get?

UNL fans actually think this game counts.
UNL fans know that this game put well over $1 million into the football program coffers, not to mention the impression it makes on visiting recruits. Also, it's a great excuse to tailgate and do little day drinking.

This post was edited on 4/19 9:27 PM by SantaBarbaraSker

Originally posted by SantaBarbaraSker:

UNL fans know that this game put well over $1 million into the football program coffers, not to mention the impression it makes on visiting recruits. Also, it's a great excuse to tailgate and do little day drinking.

I must of missed it in the OWH. How many verbals did UNL receive?

Originally posted by donahues17:
No UNL fans know the meaning of this game just like OSU and Michigan fans know the meaning of the game. All 3 of them just have a more loyal fanbase than Iowa. It doesnt help that Iowa has their spring game at a High School Stadium. But I guess KF wants the stands to look full no matter where they are.
Hey genius, the spring game is at Kinnick. The practice at Valley stadium was just an event they've done the last couple years.

Wait, are you serious? Nebraska uses their Spring game to reap more athletic department revenue and instead of using it as an opportunity to raise donations for a charitable cause? Just because you can suck more money out of the masses doesn't mean that you necessarily should IMO. Lame.

Originally posted by donahues17:
LMAO at this guy who comes on here throwing out crap when he doesn't have the facts.

It was an open practice at Valley Stadium in the middle of spring practice to let fans from several hours away a chance to get a look at the Hawks. Maybe the UNL could do this and have one in Grand Island or Ogalalla?
Anyway, Iowa's will be in Kinnick this coming Saturday and I'm pretty sure they are not expecting to claim the National Championship Trophy for the largest Spring game crowd. What? There's no trophy for that?

Originally posted by Obviously Oblivious:

Wait, are you serious? Nebraska uses their Spring game to reap more athletic department revenue and instead of using it as an opportunity to raise donations for a charitable cause? Just because you can suck more money out of the masses doesn't mean that you necessarily should IMO. Lame.
Ummm.....they're not sucking the money out of anything. They're holding a Spring Game at the stadium like 99% of other teams. The masses aren't being forced to do anything.

The state of Nebraska has 1.8 million people, total (That's roughly the same population as Idaho).
The University of Nebraska has the 2nd lowest student population (Only school with less students is Northwestern). Ohio State has well over 2x the student population and the Columbus, Ohio metro alone has 100,000 more people than the entire state of Nebraska.

Spring Game Club Level Seats = $15
Spring Game Students/Fans = $10
Kids that take the "Drug Free" pledge = Free

No other program charges more than $5 and students get in free (See: Auburn and Ohio State). Alabama's Spring Game is free to attend. So is Michigan's. Etc.

Nebraska's Spring Game is a minimum $10 and still packs $75k + because the masses WANT to give money. Nebraska doesn't even have 2 million people in the state and has less than 25k students. Nebraska is an anomaly, dude. It's not normal and has way less people than every other state with competitive D1 teams. Hell, Iowa has more than 3x the population. Nebraskans know this, so they're WILLING to help.

It is absolutely necessary and Nebraskans love football, so that's why there is never a shortage of demand. Husker fans are loyal to the program, which is why the stadium has been sold out every game since 1962.

Ummm.....they're not sucking the money out of anything. They're holding a Spring Game at the stadium like 99% of other teams. The masses aren't being forced to do anything.

The state of Nebraska has 1.8 million people, total (That's roughly the same population as Idaho).
The University of Nebraska has the 2nd lowest student population (Only school with less students is Northwestern). Ohio State has well over 2x the student population and the Columbus, Ohio metro alone has 100,000 more people than the entire state of Nebraska.

Spring Game Club Level Seats = $15
Spring Game Students/Fans = $10
Kids that take the "Drug Free" pledge = Free

No other program charges more than $5 and students get in free (See: Auburn and Ohio State). Alabama's Spring Game is free to attend. So is Michigan's. Etc.

Nebraska's Spring Game is a minimum $10 and still packs $75k + because the masses WANT to give money. Nebraska doesn't even have 2 million people in the state and has less than 25k students. Nebraska is an anomaly, dude. It's not normal and has way less people than every other state with competitive D1 teams. Hell, Iowa has more than 3x the population. Nebraskans know this, so they're WILLING to help.

It is absolutely necessary and Nebraskans love football, so that's why there is never a shortage of demand. Husker fans are loyal to the program, which is why the stadium has been sold out every game since 1962.

I was with you until you said that Iowa has 3 times the population of Nebraska. I'm not an expert at math, but 3,107,000 is not 3 times more than 1,882,000...

It seems you were just making up some random stats to help prove your point more. If you just stick to the facts you don't sound stupid.

I must of missed it in the OWH. How many verbals did UNL receive?

Typical simplistic thinking from and Iowa fan. The NU spring game was held nearly 10 months away from signing day. Most recruits with any sort of a decent offer list aren't going to make a decision 10 months prior to signing day. Every single recruit visiting for the spring game (to a man), has spoken on the record about how impressed they were with the facilities, coaching staff, and specially the spring game crowd. That will reap benefits as signing day approaches.

Careful, your insecurity is showing.

Typical simplistic thinking from and Iowa fan. The NU spring game was held nearly 10 months away from signing day. Most recruits with any sort of a decent offer list aren't going to make a decision 10 months prior to signing day. Every single recruit visiting for the spring game (to a man), has spoken on the record about how impressed they were with the facilities, coaching staff, and specially the spring game crowd. That will reap benefits as signing day approaches.

Careful, your insecurity is showing.

I guess that means zero. I'm insecure and you're on the Hawkeye board. Brilliant.

Reactions: TankHawk
I was with you until you said that Iowa has 3 times the population of Nebraska. I'm not an expert at math, but 3,107,000 is not 3 times more than 1,882,000...

It seems you were just making up some random stats to help prove your point more. If you just stick to the facts you don't sound stupid.

Completely irrelevant correction and a deflection from his point...great work. Guy probably saw over 1 million for Nebraska and over 3 million for Iowa and was 700k off as a result. Does it even matter? Didn't think so. Pretty sure dude was saying that other states with competitive D1 teams have more population, in most cases much more, so it's important that Husker fans back the program with their pockets. What a scholar you are at Hy-Vee bagging groceries. Grow up, Peter Pan.

As for Spring Game attendance....it's overrated anyway. Quit going to irrelevant practices after elementary school.

Wasn't trying to make up "random" stats. I think the point I was trying to make was already made, but whatever.

Really, your 2nd post ever is to attack me? Or is that you Ray1125 creating another account trying to snowball on a Iowa board to create more drama.The point of my post was that "Ray1125" was being over dramatic, which apparently was well received.

I wasn't disagreeing with your points, just that some of the details were inaccurate. I could probably fact check your entire post if you'd like, but frankly I don't have the time. No I don't bag groceries at Hy-vee, good attempt to make me laugh though.

ADVERTISEMENT