ADVERTISEMENT

Top CR Restaurants for 2022

People are just more into TikTok than they are burgers nowadays. A damn shame.
"The youth refuse to put down these new devices. They need face-to-face communication or it will ruin civilization"
-Monks on the printing of books, 868 A.D.

Reactions: Moral
I personally wasn't a fan of Saucy but still a shame to see them close. They were one of the early incubator companies when the NewBo Market opened.

I personally wasn't a fan of Saucy but still a shame to see them close. They were one of the early incubator companies when the NewBo Market opened.
I ate there once at the Westdale store and I thought they were a pretty average burger for a really high price, and the weird combo of toppings wasn't my bag. In my mind, they lacked some of the basic burger topping combos that I usually tend towards. I never went back, and I guess I wasn't the only one.

Reactions: 2bagger22
I ate there once at the Westdale store and I thought they were a pretty average burger for a really high price, and the weird combo of toppings wasn't my bag. In my mind, they lacked some of the basic burger topping combos that I usually tend towards. I never went back, and I guess I wasn't the only one.
Whatever trips people's triggers, but Jimmy Buffet's "cheese burger in paradise" is perfection in my book.

People are just more into TikTok than they are burgers nowadays. A damn shame.

I agree that the new owners for the Tic Toc have helped revived some of it's former glory here in CR. Get the cheese sticks.

I believe they were a food truck, that turned into a Newbo Market restaurant and then opened the other locations as they grew past the Newbo location. We had them once or twice, but burgers only has to be hard to as a business model. Red Robin is a chain here in CR, as is Five Guys. Tornado's has great burgers, as does the Map Room. You just have a lot of options when it comes to burgers so you better really stand out. Fong's Pizza is similar that the amount of options in the CR/Marion area are pretty robust.

New Bo is an unmitigated disaster. Last time I went there, there were 0 people and many vendor stalls that should have been open were closed and those that were open seemed totally disinterested in customers. Bizzare place.

Oh they will. The Popeye's opening was massive. This will be too. Then in 6 mos no one will care. Although, the Lindale Chick-Fil-A goes hard all the time.
The Westdale CFA is rolling in money, too. Always packed at lunch time.

New Bo is an unmitigated disaster. Last time I went there, there were 0 people and many vendor stalls that should have been open were closed and those that were open seemed totally disinterested in customers. Bizzare place.
I think they have quite a bit of traffic on the weekends, but even before covid, the market was pretty slow during the week, some of the vendors would only be open a couple of hours etc.

It's a cool concept, but not sure of too many vendors that expand beyond it.

Reactions: GOHOX69
This has been my experience there on three occasions.

The Westdale CFA is rolling in money, too. Always packed at lunch time.

My favorite was when it first opened. 90 minute wait for the drive thru. The Westdale had a location in the basement since I was in college and people acted like this was something new. Bizarre.

My favorite was when it first opened. 90 minute wait for the drive thru. The Westdale had a location in the basement since I was in college and people acted like this was something new. Bizarre.
Are you talking about the 80's?

He has a love shack on the upper level. Swings tornado slide. open glass shower fire pit bar from an old saloon. Would love to party there.
Im well aware of the guy. He used to get drunk and meassage my ex gf. I have yet to meet a woman with a good thing to say about him.

Yeah I find the whole CFA thing weird too. It has been around for years and now its just the biggest thing there is. What am I missing?

Yeah I was still in daycare/elementary in those years. You could be right
I vaguely remember my folks getting C Fila sammy's with the waffle fries in the mid 80's. And there were also non-sucky little caesar's in CR, I think of Mt. Vernon road.

The owners of the old Westdale location downstairs opened up the current Lindale Mall spot. Someone else opened up the new Westdale spot.

The old Westdale location was well before the chain started doing any sort of national advertising or bowl affiliations.

Reactions: fredjr82
Dumb list is dumb

Overall- Casey’s
Pizza - Casey’s
BBQ - Casey’s BBQ Brisket Pizza
Breakfast - Casey’s Breakfast Pizza
Asian - Casey’s Ultimate Hawaiian Pizza (Hawaiian’s are mostly Asian anyway)
Mexican - Casey’s Taco Pizza
American - Casey’s Chicken, Bacon, Ranch Pizza

I vaguely remember my folks getting C Fila sammy's with the waffle fries in the mid 80's. And there were also non-sucky little caesar's in CR, I think of Mt. Vernon road.
Mt. Vernon Road right at the Forest drive intersection.

Come to my joint in Coralville. My Indian food is better and I got lots of booze.

My wife (no pic) loves Indian food so she’s taken me all over the place. There’s a couple in the IC/Coralville area we like.

Exotic India? Haveli? Those two are in Coralville. Pretty decent.

Exotic is a small spot and doesn't look like much from the outside, but good food and good people working there.
Trying Exotic for the first time! Any recommendations on good dishes there? I’m kind of interested in going beyond my normal Matar paneer, biryani, saag, and korma rotation I do up here in CR. But I’d be open to one of those mentioned if it’s the best dish there.

Reactions: McLovin32
Trying Exotic for the first time! Any recommendations on good dishes there? I’m kind of interested in going beyond my normal Matar paneer, biryani, saag, and korma rotation I do up here in CR. But I’d be open to one of those mentioned if it’s the best dish there.
In North Indian cuisine, that's pretty much the highlight parade. Get some julab jamun for dessert.

Add some keema and garlic naan.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT