ADVERTISEMENT

Top Dem strategist James Carville says Biden should not have run for re-election

RicoSuave102954

HR All-American
Jul 17, 2023
Montezuma, Iowa
Veteran top Democratic consultant James Carville says he wishes President Biden wasn’t running for re-election and worries that disenchanted young party voters will sit out the November election because of it.

“It isn’t the choice I was crazy about,” admitted Carville, who played a major role in getting former President Clinton first elected in 1992, on 77 WABC radio’s “The Cats Roundtable” on Sunday.

“I thought that President Biden should not run for re-election,” the political guru said. “But he did — it’s him and Trump — and that’s where I am.”

Carville argued that the Democrats have a deep bench of younger elected officials who would be a better fit for the times than the 81-year-old Biden, including Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro, Maryland Gov. Wes Moore

“I thought that President Biden should consider not running for the election, but that’s not the choice he made. And so, I’ve got to live in the world that I’ve got to live in, not the world I wanted to live in,” the consultant said.

He noted that young voters were key to twice electing Clinton and fellow former Democratic President Obama — and said he is worried they now are tuning out both Biden and 77-year-old Trump.

Carville said their apathy could have longer-turn implications for the US.

“The lack of enthusiasm among young people for public policy and public service and being involved in the public square is quite disheartening,” the consultant said. “I can understand it on one level. I’ve talked to them, and they feel like a lot of things are not working for them.

“They feel like two 80-year-old guys don’t mean much to them. I am really afraid that we are going to lose the generation of young people. … That’s my greatest fear for the United States, that young people are disengaging,” he said.

Reactions: goldmom
Swallowed many flying insects today?
And there it is…

200w.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT