ADVERTISEMENT

Top Dems reportedly sign memo warning media on Kamala Harris criticism: ‘We will be watching you’

Reactions: biggreydogs
Too bad she didn't own a news service like Bloomberg to say they would criticize him. But then again, she apparently doesn't need to

Yes, it is. And that article seem to not have the same warnings that I was imagining the OP was thinking it has. It looked more like a "Hey, make sure you treat a woman VP candidate the way you'd treat a male VP candidate". In no way could it be read as a threat or a warning of dire consequences.
Except that if we treat Harris like any white male candidate, we would be labeled racists and misogynists. Politics, especially at the national level, is a bare knuckle brawl. I can just about guarantee you that any criticism levied against Harris, even if it’s the same things that her Democratic rivals said in the primaries, will be considered racist and misogynistic.

eec.jpg

Except that if we treat Harris like any white male candidate, we would be labeled racists and misogynists. Politics, especially at the national level, is a bare knuckle brawl. I can just about guarantee you that any criticism levied against Harris, even if it’s the same things that her Democratic rivals said in the primaries, will be considered racist and misogynistic.
Please, it would be refreshing if women candidates got treated the same as men. As it is they get call shrill and bitches while me get called focused and driven for the same behavior.
Go review the media coverage from the last election and get back to us.

Yes, it is. And that article seem to not have the same warnings that I was imagining the OP was thinking it has. It looked more like a "Hey, make sure you treat a woman VP candidate the way you'd treat a male VP candidate". In no way could it be read as a threat or a warning of dire consequences.
But that would not fit the narrative.

Reactions: seam

Bullshit.

Go look at my thread breaking the news. @William Bonney and co were steadily attacking her for “having her heels up.” Nothing about policy, whatsoever.

Bullshit.

Go look at my thread breaking the news. @William Bonney and co were steadily attacking her for “having her heels up.” Nothing about policy, whatsoever.
Nice job disputing a point that is completely different from the point I made.

I didn't say there won't be misogynistic and racist comments. Obviously there will be some. I said that all criticism, no matter how valid, will be automatically dismissed as racist and misogynistic. Even if it's the same criticisms that were levied against her by her own party members during the primaries.

And frankly you're not off to a very good start proving me wrong.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Nice job disputing a point that is completely different from the point I made.

I didn't say there won't be misogynistic and racist comments. Obviously there will be some. I said that all criticism, no matter how valid, will be automatically dismissed as racist and misogynistic. Even if it's the same criticisms that were levied against her by her own party members during the primaries.

And frankly you're not off to a very good start proving me wrong.

Surely you’ve got some examples you can link to where legitimate criticism is called racist and misogynistic.

Reactions: seam
Surely you’ve got some examples you can link to where legitimate criticism is called racist and misogynistic.
I haven't even bothered to read the Harris threads yet because I'm not ready yet to deal with all the mudslinging from both sides. But I'll keep a running tally for you over the course of the next three months.

I haven't even bothered to read the Harris threads yet because I'm not ready yet to deal with all the mudslinging from both sides. But I'll keep a running tally for you over the course of the next three months.
haha

And that has absolutely nothing to do with what I wrote.
My post wasn't directed at you in any way, I was simply agreeing with Flick. There are many on this board who attack women candidates differently than they do men. There are a lot of sexual innuendos involved.

My post wasn't directed at you in any way, I was simply agreeing with Flick. There are many on this board who attack women candidates differently than they do men. There are a lot of sexual innuendos involved.
Yeah, no one ever uses sexual innuendo when criticizing a male politician. :rolleyes:

Yeah, no one ever uses sexual innuendo when criticizing a male politician. :rolleyes:
Quote some posts showing posters who said Pence, Biden, Cheney, Bush, Mondale, etc got the VP nod because they "nailed" their interviewer.

Yes, many make posts about Republicans literally sucking Trump, but can you give me an example of those kinds of posts before Trump/Pence were elected?

Quote some posts showing posters who said Pence, Biden, Cheney, Bush, Mondale, etc got the VP nod because they "nailed" their interviewer.

Yes, many make posts about Republicans literally sucking Trump, but can you give me an example of those kinds of posts before Trump/Pence were elected?
I don't think the Rivals search engine goes all the way back to the Carter administration, but I'll see what I can do.

And the literally hundreds of examples of sexual innuendo during the Trump administration doesn't count because it's too recent? Are you serious?

I don't think the Rivals search engine goes all the way back to the Carter administration, but I'll see what I can do.

And the literally hundreds of examples of sexual innuendo during the Trump administration doesn't count because it's too recent? Are you serious?
All sexual innuendo should be gone from politics. However, I think it's a little different after a politician is elected. When someone seems agree with everything an elected politician does when it's against everything they claimed to care about before the election I can understand the notion. If Biden is elected and Harris stops speaking out about racial injustice then claiming she's sucking up would be a little more justified. I still think it's wrong, but it might be a little more understandable.

All sexual innuendo should be gone from politics. However, I think it's a little different after a politician is elected. When someone seems agree with everything an elected politician does when it's against everything they claimed to care about before the election I can understand the notion. If Biden is elected and Harris stops speaking out about racial injustice then claiming she's sucking up would be a little more justified. I still think it's wrong, but it might be a little more understandable.
There was plenty of sexual innuendo directed at Trump well before he was elected. Granted, much of it was deserved. But it existed all the same. And Pence was repeatedly mocked about his and his wife's sex life because of his awkwardness around other women. Hell, even now there are Dems joking that Pence won't debate Harris because "mother won't allow him to" or something like that.

There was plenty of sexual innuendo directed at Trump well before he was elected. Granted, much of it was deserved. But it existed all the same. And Pence was repeatedly mocked about his and his wife's sex life because of his awkwardness around other women. Hell, even now there are Dems joking that Pence won't debate Harris because "mother won't allow him to" or something like that.
Sure, that's just like calling Harris, "heels up", "camel toe", or claiming she did something sexual to get the VP nomination.

I've argued with you before on HROT. I'm not going to chase my tail by going around and around with you. If you don't agree women candidates are treated differently, that's fine. I see things differently. Have a good evening.

Reactions: TJ8869
Sure, that's just like calling Harris, "heels up", "camel toe", or claiming she did something sexual to get the VP nomination.

I've argued with you before on HROT. I'm not going to chase my tail by going around and around with you. If you don't agree women candidates are treated differently, that's fine. I see things differently. Have a good evening.
You have a good evening as well.

Reactions: gohawks50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT