ADVERTISEMENT

Top Gun 2 Trailer

giphy.gif

I'll just say this. All I ask for a movie is to entertain. I didn't think the first was a great movie, nor did I walk out wanting to be a fighter pilot. But it was entertaining and worth the time and money I spent to watch it.

I have a feeling this one will fall into the same category.

Reactions: lucas80 and Hwkfn1
The Sandlot......nope
E.T.........nope
Willy Wonka......nope
Wayne's World.......nope
Star Wars movies.....nope (except for Empire Strikes Back)
Can't say I've seen them all but cried at et as a kid and cringed at top gun because it was soooooo inaccurate. Meh at the rest.

Reactions: seminole97
Ok, I’m in.

Cruise may be a little weird but gotta hand it to him - he keeps in pretty good shape and is still able to pull this stuff off.

Tom Cruise is a nutball. And I would not let any child around him.

But he 1) is a good actor within his limited range 2) is great at the stunts and 3) has been really smart with most of his role selection. On the latter note, I can’t think of another actor who has been as good at the “hit ratio” for me than Tom Cruise other than MAYBE Arnie. Top Gun, Taps, Risky Business, Legend, Cocktail, Rain Man, Days of Thunder, A Few Good Men, the Mission Impossible Series, Eyes Wide Shut, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, and Edge of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat are all classics to me. Even his “misses” like Oblivion, Valkyrie and the Mummy are usually watchable just not up to his usual standards.

Wow - was expecting Maverick to be more of an instructor. ..more of a newer story but damn that looks like a greatest hits video.

Similar scenes:
  1. Cruise having conflict with commanding officer
  2. Cruise on a motorcycle next to a jet taking off
  3. Shirtless pilots playing against each other in a sport
  4. Looks like Cruise was pushing the jet past certain limits..
  5. Same intro music (which is cool)
  6. Piano scene
  7. Pilots singing scene
  8. Weird young Goose look alike.
  9. Pilot competition
Kind of looks like a money grab vs an original story-line. Oh well.

Chalk me up as one who will see this on the day it comes out. I can die and be fine with not seeing how the latest Star Wars trilogy finished up. But god dammit I’ll be pissed if I get terminal cancer and bite it before this one comes out!

I have to say, seeing Maverick flying an F/A-18 sort of sucks. I realize the Tomcats are long gone...but they were sooo cool. Especially the Super models. That big ass with the tunnel between the nacelles. Those huge F110-400 engines. And of course, the variable wings. Pure sex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT