ADVERTISEMENT

Top Gun 2 Trailer

Of course, looking at the Wiki page, a 36 year O6 is WAY more plausible than a 70 year old RADM (Ed Harris' character).

Reactions: runkpanole
I just want to say, FTR, I will go see this and I'll probably give a small fist pump when Mav wins the day for the good guys. Despite the shockingly unrealistic premise.

I so badly wanted to become a navigator (my eyesight was always far too bad to become a pilot) when the original came out. Then the wall came down when I was in college and by the time I joined the Air Force there was such a reduction in force that it was nearly impossible to get a slot; I would have needed a waiver for my eyesight to even be a navigator. Ended up with a desk job for 5 years; oh, well. A more accurate portrayal of my military experience would be Office Space.
take my money

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Is Whip Hubley back? He made the original what it is.
sniff-you-stink.gif

Wow - was expecting Maverick to be more of an instructor. ..more of a newer story but damn that looks like a greatest hits video.

Similar scenes:
  1. Cruise having conflict with commanding officer
  2. Cruise on a motorcycle next to a jet taking off
  3. Shirtless pilots playing against each other in a sport
  4. Looks like Cruise was pushing the jet past certain limits..
  5. Same intro music (which is cool)
  6. Piano scene
  7. Pilots singing scene
  8. Weird young Goose look alike.
  9. Pilot competition
Kind of looks like a money grab vs an original story-line. Oh well.

Even if it is, that’s fine for folks that love fighter jets. The original film captured some of the greatest live action shots of fighter jets ever filmed. The intro was filmed live on the deck of the USS Enterprise. That was revolutionary stuff. It’s rumored this film does even better. I say the hell with the plot. Show me the planes.

Even if it is, that’s fine for folks that love fighter jets. The original film captured some of the greatest live action shots of fighter jets ever filmed. The intro was filmed live on the deck of the USS Enterprise. That was revolutionary stuff. It’s rumored this film does even better. I say the hell with the plot. Show me the planes.
Oh - I am still going. At least we know the reason for the young Goose look-alike per the latest trailer which is a nice spin. I pray that there are no flashbacks to the previous movie but willing to bet 20 bucks that there will be.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
Sadly I don't see him on the credit list. Thankfully, per the below photo, father time has been far kinder to him than it has been to Val but you probably can say that for most people.

lqwleuUWQhLWMJ4ZvAdRGrXgvjT.jpg
Is that Whip aka Hollywood or Rick Rossovich aka Slider (gif of him and Maverick)?

Sack up and go see real pilots and real planes at an airshow. This shit is crap.

Sack up and go see real pilots and real planes at an airshow. This shit is crap.
So many thoughts on this ridiculous post lol

why-not-both-why-not.gif

2. These ARE real pilots flying these F-18s and not CGI (just like the F-14s and A4s in the original)
3. I grew up going to air shows from the time I could walk. (Tico Warbird Airshow in Titusville, FL being my fave)
4. I was in the fracking Air Force and lived at the end of the runway at JBER, AK (F-15s every.single.day)
5. San Antonio rotates between Kelly Field and Randolph every other year for their air shows (was just there 2 weekends ago)
6. I LOVE TOP GUN!

Last edited:
So many thoughts on this ridiculous post lol

why-not-both-why-not.gif

2. These ARE real pilots flying these F-18s and not CGI (just like the F-14s and A4s in the original)
3. I grew up going to air shows from the time I could walk. (Tico Warbird Airshow in Titusville, FL being my fave)
4. I was in the fracking Air Force and lived at the end of the runway at JBER, AK (F-15s every.single.day)
5. San Antonio rotates between Kelly Field and Randolph every other year for their air shows (was just there 2 weekend ago)
6. I LOVE TOP GUN!
Lol, didnt expect to see Titusville on HORT. Grew up there and went to the TICO (titusville-cocoa) show every year. The Golden Knights were the best part (army parachute team).

Tom Cruise is a nutball. And I would not let any child around him.

But he 1) is a good actor within his limited range 2) is great at the stunts and 3) has been really smart with most of his role selection. On the latter note, I can’t think of another actor who has been as good at the “hit ratio” for me than Tom Cruise other than MAYBE Arnie. Top Gun, Taps, Risky Business, Legend, Cocktail, Rain Man, Days of Thunder, A Few Good Men, the Mission Impossible Series, Eyes Wide Shut, Jerry Maguire, Minority Report, and Edge of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat are all classics to me. Even his “misses” like Oblivion, Valkyrie and the Mummy are usually watchable just not up to his usual standards.
all the right moves was pretty good.

Reactions: noleclone2
Grew up at Tyndall and Wright-Patterson(think Dayton Air Show) Seeing jets fly are something I miss immensely. I’ll be in the theater for the movie as well.

Yes the "Mig 28" in the original one played by the F-20 Tigershark was pretty authentic. Now, I have to believe a guy who has sagging jowls is a F-18 pilot. Tots.

Yes the "Mig 28" in the original one played by the F-20 Tigershark was pretty authentic. Now, I have to believe a guy who has sagging jowls is a F-18 pilot. Tots.
They were actually F-5s (twin engine). F-20s are single engine.

Maybe you should attend some air shows. ;)

F-20_flying.jpg

Also, who do you think were flying those F-5s; auto-pilot or CGI?

b11.jpg

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
They were actually F-5s (twin engine). F-20s are single engine.

Maybe you should attend some air shows. ;)

F-20_flying.jpg

Also, who do you think were flying those F-5s; auto-pilot or CGI?

b11.jpg
Point is they weren't close to any mig. Thanks otherwise for the correction. Tom is too old and this movie will flop gun.

Why? The same marvel idiots will be at this one. The dumber the movie, the more people like it. It will still flop gun.
I'm not even sure what you're saying here. When I hear "flop" in terms of a film, I think of low earnings in at the box office. This film will earn a gigantic amount of money.

Reactions: runkpanole
You of all people should know about the Russian military haha.
So what did you want the producers in 1986 to do? How were they supposed to place MiG-29s into the film sans CGI? It's was a movie, not a documentary.

I've never known you to be so stuffy, GOHOX69.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT