Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Linderbaum

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Nixon

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • Your choice not listed

Votes: 19 12.3%

• Total voters
New Kirk, old Kirk, it doesn’t matter. One thing remains the same. If Iowa is going to win, they are going to run the ball. Our offensive line is going to be outstanding. Just in time for the human joystick.

Reactions: BronxHawkeye
After listening to the On Iowa podcast with coach Wallace I could see Niemann as having a “breakout” season and setting himself up to get to the league like his big bro

Reactions: easy2
I agree I think most of these guys have already kind of arrived and are known. If I had to pick one to take the next step I think ISM has a big year and takes that next step keeping it rolling from the Holiday bowl. I think he is going to really kick butt this year. The receiving Corp is deep and are going to really help out Petras.

Guy that will breakout I think is a guy like Brents or I am hoping for guy like Logan Lee or Waggoner to jump up into that known category/

I agree I think most of these guys have already kind of arrived and are known. If I had to pick one to take the next step I think ISM has a big year and takes that next step keeping it rolling from the Holiday bowl. I think he is going to really kick butt this year. The receiving Corp is deep and are going to really help out Petras.

Guy that will breakout I think is a guy like Brents or I am hoping for guy like Logan Lee or Waggoner to jump up into that known category/
I also think ISM has a big year. I also think that Tracy has a similar skill set. I think we'll see ISM utilized fairly often like he was in the Holiday Bowl, and then there will opportunities to utilize Tracy in a similar way while defenses are focused on where ISM is (or Smith downfield, or LaPorta up the seam, or Goodson out of the backfield, etc.) There are a lot of options about which car to drive and when/where to drive it. Put 11 personnel on the and line up ISM in the backfield with Goodson to see what they do with LBs and safeties. Go empty and motion ISM or Tracy to the field to put their flat player and SS in a bind.

Not sure how you can put Goodson on that list. He showed what he can do in 2019.
...and, leave Petras off. He's arguably the player most needed to have a "break out" season in 2020

Not sure how you can put Goodson on that list. He showed what he can do in 2019.
...and, leave Petras off. He's arguably the player most needed to have a "break out" season in 2020

I voted for Goodson not because I wasn’t impressed with what he showed as a True Freshman but because I think he is going to take that next step to being an all-conference type performer

I voted for Goodson not because I wasn’t impressed with what he showed as a True Freshman but because I think he is going to take that next step to being an all-conference type performer

Could be the offensive MVP, no doubt.

Shaun Beyer.He finally stays healthy and becomes a great compliment to LaPora. Laporta/Beyer put up Hock/Fant type numbers and passing game goes to the next level. Petras flirts with 4k passing yards falling just short.Goodson becomes a 1000 yard rusher/500 yard reciever.ISM flirts with 1000 yards and Beyer/Laporta combine for 1200 plus yards and dozen plus TDs.

Shaun Beyer.He finally stays healthy and becomes a great compliment to LaPora. Laporta/Beyer put up Hock/Fant type numbers and passing game goes to the next level. Petras flirts with 4k passing yards falling just short.Goodson becomes a 1000 yard rusher/500 yard reciever.ISM flirts with 1000 yards and Beyer/Laporta combine for 1200 plus yards and dozen plus TDs.
200.gif

So everybody setting all time iowa records?

My candidates.

Spencer Petras
Sam Laporta
Logan Lee
Jestin Jacobs
Jack Campbell
Julius Brents
Kaevon Merriweather
Justin Britt
Joe Evans

If I had to pick one it better be Petras if Iowa is to do well.
Can't wait to see who the new defensive elite will be. Trying not to get my hopes up to much for a normal season, but the June 1 return to practice announcement helps. DL will be a key once again.

Reactions: millhawk
So everybody setting all time iowa records?
It's not necessarily anyone breaking records save for Petras maybe and Goodson. Petras I think will pass 3500 yards but probably won't pass Hartlieb for best single season. ISM getting shy of 1000 yards would put him top 10 maybe top 5. Beyer/Laporta numbers would be great but still less than Fant/Hock. Goodson could break receiving yards for a RB with his speed but there have been many 1000+ yard RB in Iowa history. The offense I think is ready to break out in general and we saw that in the Holiday Bowl. Tons of speed and playmakers and if every piece is clicking together I don't think we have many problems putting up points The big different in 2020 I think will be a vast improvement in redzone scoring having so many diverse weapons means less settling for FG and fewer stalled drives. The interior line should be improved and only major loss was Wirfs but with the addition of Cronk and another yr of experience I think the Oline as a unit will be better in 2021.

Would Wirfs & AJE be listed too if they were returning? I don’t get this list.

Last edited:
It's not necessarily anyone breaking records save for Petras maybe and Goodson. Petras I think will pass 3500 yards but probably won't pass Hartlieb for best single season. ISM getting shy of 1000 yards would put him top 10 maybe top 5. Beyer/Laporta numbers would be great but still less than Fant/Hock. Goodson could break receiving yards for a RB with his speed but there have been many 1000+ yard RB in Iowa history. The offense I think is ready to break out in general and we saw that in the Holiday Bowl. Tons of speed and playmakers and if every piece is clicking together I don't think we have many problems putting up points The big different in 2020 I think will be a vast improvement in redzone scoring having so many diverse weapons means less settling for FG and fewer stalled drives. The interior line should be improved and only major loss was Wirfs but with the addition of Cronk and another yr of experience I think the Oline as a unit will be better in 2021.
Sounds good to me!

Reactions: Harbinger273
I think LaPorta may not put up huge numbers because of the depth at WR but I think he still catches 25-30 balls and really helps take pressure off the Wr's. Teams won't be able to cover him with just a LB, they will be forced to pick their poison. He will have a few games where he maybe catches 6-8 balls and a few TD's.

Reactions: Harbinger273
I think LaPorta may not put up huge numbers because of the depth at WR but I think he still catches 25-30 balls and really helps take pressure off the Wr's. Teams won't be able to cover him with just a LB, they will be forced to pick their poison. He will have a few games where he maybe catches 6-8 balls and a few TD's.
Think he has a bunch of TD's? I can't stress enough how good this kid is gonna be. The way he emerged late last year was something else. So reliable, polished receiver due to voluminous high school production and now has the size and physicality to hang in the B1G. LaPorta is the real deal.

3500 for Petras minus 1200 for tight end minus 1000 ism and 500 for goodson leaves only 800 for all other rb and wr....doesn't seem possible. I could see just 2 of the 4 other wr easily combining for 800.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT