ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU PBP

First time I noticed couple of Hawkeye wrestlers not wearing Asics. Both young and Marinelli wearing Nike. Hard to support Nike after Nike U. dropped wrestling several years ago.
Nike now the official sponsor. Ultimatum given, no Asics to be worn. You wear Nike if they are providing compensation.

Reactions: Dagboi
One of the biggest duals of the year, and the coach sits the guy who has the chance to be the hero, and win the big match.

Just wait til March !! Maybe Iowa can get 4th and Stoll get 2nd or 3rd.
First place? Nah, too hard.

Remember the movie 'Twins' w Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito? Thats Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands.
Go back to your lame Rutgers site.

Reactions: Grip220
Thank goodness Rulon Gardner's coach didn't forfeit him against the unbeaten Russian Heavyweight Karelin,\

Thank goodness Herbie Brooks gave his USA Hockey team a long shot chance against the legendary Russian Hockey dyansty.

Thank goodness Billy Mills rose to the occassion and shocked the world coming out of nowhere and winning the Olympic 10,000.

And then there are weak sauce Regular season College wrestling coaches like Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands, who throw in the towel, with a chance of winning, in front of thousands of fans not only in the arena, but watching on 'pay per view' BTN plus/Flo Wrestling.

As much as I dislike Cael Sanderson, he would never do that, and as much as my alma mater , Rutgers , has a long ways to go , to ge to the top 10 or 5, at least our coach sends out the wrestlers, no matter the odds.

Your fan base deserved better.

Just confirms that coaches view the regular season as completely meaningless
No, in this case just shows that a coach thinks his athlete’s health and well being is more important than the well being of “college wrestling”. We were not going to win the meet, however, Tom showed a lot of class in making sure that there was someone for Snyder to wrestle in his last home match.

No, in this case just shows that a coach thinks his athlete’s health and well being is more important than the well being of “college wrestling”. We were not going to win the meet, however, Tom showed a lot of class in making sure that there was someone for Snyder to wrestle in his last home match.

Again, then why wrestle him 10 times in 6 weeks ? Bland Tom.... he deserves all the criticism he will be getting this week. Your team deserves a better, more courageous coach.

Ironside says lack of bonus points was a difference in this meet.
Impressed with Bowman and Lee.
Lee showed how good he really truly is.
Marinelli's mental state and orneriness was special.
So was lack of PDIII. Our 2nd-tier horses just came up a nose short. Great effort, but need more technical talent on offense.

So your thinking is that Sam goes out there and pins or techs the World Champ? Abro...how much have you been drinking tonight?
A pin wins the dual. Stoll is a big move guy, crap move. Wrestling needs these big time matches to happen.

Thank goodness Rulon Gardner's coach didn't forfeit him against the unbeaten Russian Heavyweight Karelin,\

Thank goodness Herbie Brooks gave his USA Hockey team a long shot chance against the legendary Russian Hockey dyansty.

Thank goodness Billy Mills rose to the occassion and shocked the world coming out of nowhere and winning the Olympic 10,000.

And then there are weak sauce Regular season College wrestling coaches like Tan Tom Ryan and Bland Tom Brands, who throw in the towel, with a chance of winning, in front of thousands of fans not only in the arena, but watching on 'pay per view' BTN plus/Flo Wrestling.

As much as I dislike Cael Sanderson, he would never do that, and as much as my alma mater , Rutgers , has a long ways to go , to ge to the top 10 or 5, at least our coach sends out the wrestlers, no matter the odds.

Your fan base deserved better.
Do you even realize how Stolls last 2 seasons have ended? Its not about protecting seed here like some do. This is about having a healthy heavyweight and rewarding him and FINALLY getting to a post season with him. Dont worry you will see the 2 wrestle at the BT's. Im fine with the decision in a dual that was already decided.

Ironside says lack of bonus points was a difference in this meet.
Impressed with Bowman and Lee.
Lee showed how good he really truly is.
Marinelli's mental state and orneriness was special.
Iowa gets 4 wins today.
Michigan coming to town next weekend. They are ranked right next to us. Will be fun great dual meet with great matchups.
Artic Plunge after the meet.
Ironside is excited about this Hawkeye team.
Now they have a plane to catch.
Talk to you Saturday.
5:00 PM start time.
Ironside said something like "I knew Lee was good but he showed me something today".

Talking the polar plunge
WWDM is in the house at Value City.
Probably talking to those Koontz Twins

I think you are correct. Prior to the meet an Iowa fan was at the tOSU bench shaking hands and giving hugs. He was easy to spot. A man dressed in all black surrounded in a sea of white.

I think you are correct. Prior to the meet an Iowa fan was at the tOSU bench shaking hands and giving hugs. He was easy to spot. A man dressed in all black surrounded in a sea of white.
I actually texted WWDM today to make sure he knew about the shoutout from Grace/Ironside. He relayed the story of how the iOSU wrestlers have all white warmups and that he was in the middle, dressed in black and gold.

Too bad he never comes on this board to read about himself or I could get some "likes".

Reactions: Dagboi and bman546
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT