ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU v Clemson

The refs kept Clemson in the game but OSU lost. They had opportunities to win but didn't execute and that roughing the kicker penalty was inexcusable. Clemson scored on every OSU mistake.

O$U should have won this game. Another example of how settling for FG loses games. They had their opportunities and did get it done. I hope LSU goes full beatdown on Clemson.

I am actually pretty upset at OSU. This game was completely blown by them. Lack of execution could have killed Clemson in the first half. Stupid penalties killed them in the second half.

Totally deserved to lose.

Edit- also bummed that we don't get to see LSU vs Ohio St.

Reactions: ctghawk
Funny how he took a big head to head shot and looked knocked out, but not even a concussion check on the sideline.

Yes, he made a quick recovery after they announced the targeting penalty. If he doesn't sell that he was knocked, Clemson's facing 4th and 15 and having to punt. Not to say they wouldn't have eventually reviewed it.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I am actually pretty upset at OSU. This game was completely blown by them. Lack of execution could have killed Clemson in the first half. Stupid penalties killed them in the second half.

Totally deserved to lose.

Edit- also bummed that we don't get to see LSU vs Ohio St.
Agree, the better team shot themselves in the foot all night long. Had over 500 yards and just gave the game away.

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
Not going for two was really really really dumb

not even Kirk would’ve ****ed that up
seemed to be a pretty good choice, no?

you'd rather have to get 7 to tie instead of 7 to win at the end? :)

people act like anything is guaranteed, nothing is guaranteed. He made a choice and it put his team in a much better spot to win the game....

To be fair, I would have agreed with your comment at the time. Guess that's why we were both just watching the game on tv :D

I was as displeased w/the refs as anybody, as all the 3 important calls, the targeting, the roughing the punter and the no fumble all went against OSU. They should have put that game away in the 2nd period. As good as Dobbins was, the drop on the screen pass was an easy 7, as it was set up perfectly. If Fields was 2 inches lower on the lob pass to him he doesn't have to lay out for it and that was another touchdown. Finally, and I know Kirk would have done it as well, as it's what so many people do, but it's starting to change, is on 4th and 2 in Clemson territory, why not play to win the game? You have a team that has dominated the opposition by an average of 36 pts this season. Possibly the best offensive line in college fb, a great qb and a NFL running back. Go for it. Yes, they pinned them back at the 5 but Lawrence hasn't lost a game in his career. They came out w/such an aggressive game plan, I thought they puckered a bit there. Just my opinion. And yes, all the cards say go for 2 on that play. Zero doubt. He did not put his team in a better spot to win. You do realize Clemson went for 2, correct?

. And yes, all the cards say go for 2 on that play. Zero doubt. He did not put his team in a better spot to win. You do realize Clemson went for 2, correct?
They could have won the game with 7 points.
If they go for 2 and make it they still need a td, just not the PAT(odds of missing that?)
If they go for 2 and don't get it, they need 8 points at the end to win.

He ended up making the right choice. Now would that be the right choice the majority of times, probably not. But it certainly ended up being the right choice in that game. He would have gambled and gained nothing in the end.

Yes I realize clemson went for 2, doesn't mean he made the wrong choice....he didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT