ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU v. PSU

pablow

HR Legend
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2010
No. 8 Ohio State BuckeyesProbable LineupsNo. 1 Penn State Nittany Lions
No. 10 Mailk Heinselman (Sr.)125No. 6 Drew Hildebrandt (Gr.)
Dylan Koontz (r.-Sr.) or Brady Koontz (r-Jr.)133No. 1 Roman Bravo-Young (Sr.)
No. 20 Dylan D'Emilio (r-So.)141No. 1 Nick Lee (Gr.)
No. 2 Sammy Sasso (r-Jr.)149No. 18 Beau Bartlett (So.)
Jashon Hubbard (r-Jr.) or Kevon Freeman (r-Jr.)157Terrell Barrachough (So.) or Tony Negron (Jr.)
No. 4 Carson Kharchla (r-Sr.)165No. 11 Brady Berge (Sr.)
No. 7 Ethan Smith (r-Sr.)174No. 1 Carter Starocci (So.)
No. 6 Kaleb Romero (r-Sr.) or Rocky Jordan (r-Jr.)184No. 1 Aaron Brooks (Jr.)
No. 21 Gavin Hoffman (r-So.)197No. 2 Max Dean (Jr.)
No. 13 Tate Orndorff (r-Sr.)HWTNo. 5 Greg Kerkvliet (So.)

Anything exciting going to happen here or will it be Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives tonight? Need input.

If Ohio St wins 4 matches they should be ecstatic. No shot in 6(133,141,174,184,197,285),no way they lose in 2(149,165),underdog but winnable in 1(125), and 1 tossup(157).

Mineo tweeted that Starocci is out tonight with an injured wrist that happened in the Kem match. Also mentioned that Berge might be out as well.

Mineo tweeted that Starocci is out tonight with an injured wrist that happened in the Kem match. Also mentioned that Berge might be out as well.

Seems credible.

Signed,
Iowa is pulling all women’s wrestling support
Kemerer is retiring
Kody Franklin is moving to Iowa over Christmas
Etc.

(Kidding a bit—he's probably credible on the PSU lineup stuff.)

PSU= Murin might be ducking vs Wisconsin. (Nevermind if he doesn't wrestle it won't help his seed but beating Gomez would.)

Also PSU= Starocci has a sore wrist. He isn't going vs Romero and nothing to gain (only to lose) by wrestling Romero and Labriola and should sit out until big tens.

Meanwhile Young, Bull and Tony are the only 3 guys in the entire lineup not injured to some degree and Kem walked out and wrestled with a lot more than a sore wrist last weekend.

PSU= Murin might be ducking vs Wisconsin. (Nevermind if he doesn't wrestle it won't help his seed but beating Gomez would.)

Also PSU= Starocci has a sore wrist. He isn't going vs Romero and nothing to gain (only to lose) by wrestling Romero and Labriola and should sit out until big tens.

Meanwhile Young, Bull and Tony are the only 3 guys in the entire lineup not injured to some degree and Kem walked out and wrestled with a lot more than a sore wrist last weekend.
You left out PSU fans long standing running joke about Striebler having a “long bus ride” when he lost to Retherford…….then Carl literally cited a long bus ride for the MSU trip the previous weekend having an impact on the whole teams performance vs Iowa.

125Drew Hildebrandt (Penn State) vs. Malik Heinselman (Ohio State)00
133Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State) vs. Brady Koontz (Ohio State)00
141Nick Lee (Penn State) vs. Dylan D`Emilio(Ohio State)00
149Beau Bartlett (Penn State) vs. Sammy Sasso (Ohio State)00
157Terrell Barraclough (Penn State) vs. Isaac Wilcox (Ohio State)00
165Creighton Edsell (Penn State) vs. Kevon Freeman (Ohio State)00
174Mason Manville (Penn State) vs. Ethan Smith (Ohio State)00
184Aaron Brooks (Penn State) vs. Rocky Jordan (Ohio State)00
197Max Dean (Penn State) vs. Gavin Hoffman (Ohio State)00
285Greg Kerkvliet (Penn State) vs. Tate Orndorff (Ohio State)

The ref gifted Brooks the fall @ 184. Jordan’s shoulder well off the mat.

Last edited:
The crew gifted Brooks the fall @ 184. Jordan’s shoulder well off the mat.
Yea that was a joke. 197 they also could have scored it 1 and 2 as the Ohio st kid clearly separated, but I guess reaction time? I am really lost on this Manville guy. Listed as only a JR. they talked about a black shirt???? Give Fale and F*** st credit for adding yet another color shirt. Not sure how long you can stay in school and wrestle over there? Guess as long as they are paying, what the hell!

Yea that was a joke. 197 they also could have scored it 1 and 2 as the Ohio st kid clearly separated, but I guess reaction time? I am really lost on this Manville guy. Listed as only a JR. they talked about a black shirt???? Give Fale and F*** st credit for adding yet another color shirt. Not sure how long you can stay in school and wrestle over there? Guess as long as they are paying, what the hell!

The answer is: The exact same amount as any other school.

Manville looked a little soft. We’ve been hearing about him forever, so guess I expected more.

“Black-shirt” is actually a Tom Ryan gimmick for designating team leaders. I didn’t hear it during the broadcast, but if it happened, it was in reference to tOSU, not Cael or PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT