ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU v. PSU

Thanks , I googled after I posted. Since he's been there I guess Iowa won 2, and most likely would have three?
I'm betting Sanderson would perform near as well at Iowa over the same time period as PSU. Maybe as well. Being in Pennsylvania is a huge advantage imo but my guess if he was at a historic top flight program like Iowa he's going to probably do about the same.
OSU maybe? Michigan, I'm not as confident. The OSU Cowboys maybe also.
I'll also guess if PSU had Brands they would've won at least a few since 2010.
We have three wrestlers from Pa.. Fewer than you have. Yes Pa. is a good wrestling state, but not that good imo.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
We have three wrestlers from Pa.. Fewer than you have. Yes Pa. is a good wrestling state, but not that good imo.
My bad. We have two. Forgot that Bartlett went to high school in the great Commonwealth of Pa., but is from Arizona- have two wrestlers from there, thank you.

Cael was a miserable loser when he coached in Iowa. He bailed on ISU like a scared rabbit. Iowa owned him so he abandoned his alma mater.He had no success until he moved to a much more populated area with many built in recruiting advantages. Brands still owns a winning record against your golden boy in head to head duals.
World War II ended a few years ago, in case you forgot.

Thanks , I googled after I posted. Since he's been there I guess Iowa won 2, and most likely would have three?
I'm betting Sanderson would perform near as well at Iowa over the same time period as PSU. Maybe as well. Being in Pennsylvania is a huge advantage imo but my guess if he was at a historic top flight program like Iowa he's going to probably do about the same.
OSU maybe? Michigan, I'm not as confident. The OSU Cowboys maybe also.
I'll also guess if PSU had Brands they would've won at least a few since 2010.
Head to head in dual meets. Brands has a winning record against Sanderson. Cael sucked at ISU. Couldn’t compete against Iowa while he was in the State. That is a fact.

If I am a psu fan I would be extremely concerned about when does Dean’s luck run out. Yes he is #2 in the country but he shows little to no offense against top 10 guys. He is extremely fortunate in his last 5 matches to be 4-1. Hildebrandt is another concern I would have close matches against low AA rd of 12 guys can come back to bite you. With that being said Tom Ryan what are you doing…. Hope there is a good reason why 2 of his big guns did not wrestle. I could watch Brooks wrestle all day long even though he wrestles for the evil empire I like his style.

I'll admit to getting a bit nervous watching the close matches Dean is in. Much less so with Hildebrandt, though, as not much was expected at that weight entering the year. So, whatever "we" get there is bonus to me. Fair points though.

I'll admit to getting a bit nervous watching the close matches Dean is in. Much less so with Hildebrandt, though, as not much was expected at that weight entering the year. So, whatever "we" get there is bonus to me. Fair points though.
Bottom line is you have your guns and we have ours over the years there have been a few psu guys I actually enjoyed watching them wrestle. I respect Carl but will never like him to many dirty little secrets I know about. More his little brother than him. I had conversations with Ed Ruth’s dad and it was fun talking with him. Chuckled a bit with Jenkins beat Taylor because of how that situation was handled but cheered for Taylor on his last run. I appreciate good wrestling and good wrestlers. I am and always will be a Hawkeye and want the Hawks to win all the time as would expect psu fans to be the same. I am not a Dean fan due to feeling for Beard more than anything. We have issues to work out as well going to be fun few weeks/month.

Bottom line is you have your guns and we have ours over the years there have been a few psu guys I actually enjoyed watching them wrestle. I respect Carl but will never like him to many dirty little secrets I know about. More his little brother than him. I had conversations with Ed Ruth’s dad and it was fun talking with him. Chuckled a bit with Jenkins beat Taylor because of how that situation was handled but cheered for Taylor on his last run. I appreciate good wrestling and good wrestlers. I am and always will be a Hawkeye and want the Hawks to win all the time as would expect psu fans to be the same. I am not a Dean fan due to feeling for Beard more than anything. We have issues to work out as well going to be fun few weeks/month.
Novel concept Spoons…. I’m right with ya…. But we’re cavemen idiots that bash PSU constantly and have no respect for their staff or wrestlers.. It’s a fake narrative they push because of a few that post here. It’s an embarrassing pathetic look. Can’t even enjoy their own success as much as they enjoy our failures. Sick people.

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Spoons
Agreed on the guns part. We'll see how it plays out; will be fun. You know far more about wresting than I do. I just lurk here and BWi to read what people say who know more than I do.
I really enjoyed going to wrestling matches as a kid at the DIII college my dad taught at outside Philly. Got back into watching wrestling maybe ten years ago or so when was home visiting my mom and by happenstance the PA state wrestling tourney was on. Got hooked back on it and with internet/etc now, it's just easy to follow teams. Made it to Carver twice for PSU/Iowa and had a great time both times and to Illinois once. A little different experience at Champaign than Iowa City. Got there 20 minutes b/f the dual, walked in, no line, free, sat dead center, 4-5 rows up, and saw Nolf/Martinez I.

Novel concept Spoons…. I’m right with ya…. But we’re cavemen idiots that bash PSU constantly and have no respect for their staff or wrestlers.. It’s a fake narrative they push because of a few that post here. It’s an embarrassing pathetic look. Can’t even enjoy their own success as much as they enjoy our failures.
I will always be a Hawk crazy thing is my dad & aunt graduated from isu and I have a daughter currently playing D1 softball at Drake so I have a lot of ties to other schools. But am a Hawk except for when they play Drake in softball lol.

ADVERTISEMENT