ADVERTISEMENT

Total Chaos

FIFY.

The loss of college sports would be the only sad part about it for me.
It will be sad to see college sports decline but I am at an age where my granddaughters and other hobbies occupy my time. Just came in from the work shop.

I don't like the NBA product, haven't watched for over a decade use to have a suite. Pro baseball, use to go to spring training and had a box behind home plate. Seldom watch or attend games since the strike. Pro football's appeal has also faded because player salaries. I'm sure the college game will have less luster and it's appeal will fade for me over time.

Life goes on, I'm not going to lose sleep over whether some 18-19 year old self-entitled kid transfers or signs with another school. I also have pulled back a lot of my support. There are other charitable organizations that need it more.

I'll root for Iowa win or lose. Go Hawks!

It will be sad to see college sports decline but I am at an age where my granddaughters and other hobbies occupy my time. Just came in from the work shop.

I don't like the NBA product, haven't watched for over a decade use to have a suite. Pro baseball, use to go to spring training and had a box behind home plate. Seldom watch or attend games since the strike. Pro football's appeal has also faded because player salaries. I'm sure the college game will have less luster and it's appeal will fade for me over time.

Life goes on, I'm not going to lose sleep over whether some 18-19 year old self-entitled kid transfers or signs with another school. I also have pulled back a lot of my support. There are other charitable organizations that need it more.

I'll root for Iowa win or lose. Go Hawks!
If you are near a minor league baseball team I would bet you would like that yet, although they cycle through guys during the season. Still fun. Kids just trying to make it.

arielle-scarcella-transphobic.gif
Just why?

College football has been damaged beyond recovery. Chest thumpers are living in a fantasy world if they think Iowa will ever be anywhere near a national championship, which is where most schools will find themselves. I will watch on TV, but I am done buying tickets to watch any team which completely turns over its roster every year. For me it will be high school, the NFL, and Division 3 from now on.

So you're saying you'd rather the athletes make nothing (outside of scholarships) for their efforts just so Iowa would have a better chance of winning big?
I want good outcomes both for the players and for Iowa Football. And it's the players who are risking injury playing this game.

So you're saying you'd rather the athletes make nothing (outside of scholarships) for their efforts just so Iowa would have a better chance of winning big?
I want good outcomes both for the players and for Iowa Football. And it's the players who are risking injury playing this game.
The appeal of college football has always been tradition. Traditional rivals in traditional conferences and traditional bowl games. Playoffs, big money, TV meddling, super conferences, and now revolving rosters have destroyed that tradition, and when the tradition is gone, the fans will follow. Most fans, including me, could care less about who the national champion is. They would be fans no matter the record, but they will not be fans of coast to coast conferences in which champions are decided by a single game. Just look at TCU which goes undefeated in the Big 12, but loses one game and is not the conference champion. So no, I am not dropping out because Iowa has less chance of winning big. I am dropping out because I still think that a full ride education ( which most students would love to have ) is enough pay to play. And if it is not, let the NFL develop their own minor league system. At least it would be intellectually honest.

The way I see it is that the next component will and should be entering into some contractual obligations from both parties. If you are a borderline recruit you would probably jump at the chance to sign a 4 year contract that entitles you to a full scholarship and a stipend for being on the football team. But, if you are a 5 star recruit maybe you only do a one or 2 year deal. But know that if you get hurt and are out of football that you lose that scholarship and everything that goes along with it.

It has to go both ways and it will. We will start hearing more about kids getting forced out of programs and having scholarships revoked just because they got recruited over and then those kids have no place to go.
Ya mean like Prime suggesting those already at Colorado should find a new venue for future time on the field)

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Kirk needed to be gone 10 years ago. His lazy approach to recruiting and coaching has no chance now, or did it really ever. What has he really done in 25 years? besides a couple of fluke years. Even Whisky won a few Rose Bowls.
What? We've finished in the top 10 multiple times. And thats at the of the season. I've never heard he was lazy, ever. With his approach to the portal and the recruiting from this year i really disagree with your views. Not that you don't have a right to your opinion. 18 wins in the last 2 seasons with a very poor offense and that has been addressed. We had a thread about how kf wouldn't use the portal and i knew he was but he has come through better than even i hoped for. And i am full of optimistic most of the time. I don't see any reason why we won't be in the playoffs rhe first year it's expanded. Kf has made a bowl 20 of the last 21 years and the one we missed was addressed pretty well if you remember. No reason not to be going for the Rose Bowl next year.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
Playoffs don't impact the vast majority of programs,.. besides if a team is good enough to make the playoffs they probably don't need to be primary benefactors of the portal..
Even Georgia and Ohio State and Michigan fo to the portal. It has obviously really filled some holes for Iowa this year. Best center in college last season was a portal player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT