ADVERTISEMENT

Total shot in the dark - PHawkKenyon

Quit reading after a couple of the snarky replies, but has the OP contacted the basketball office?Surprised

Reverse auction time...love it. :)
Honestly, I asked Jack and he likes Tony Perkins a ton. Would love to get JBo. The tough thing is access. I work at the UiHC - could easily find their email addresses as a member of the UIowa community and cold call them. But that feels like a wild invasion of privacy and would never do that. This was the only way I could think of where I could potentially get some access without splashing my contact info for anyone to spam me. It may not work, but you never know. Either way I think we’ll have a great time. Appreciate the support!

And people wonder how athletes get death threats from fans etc. Wow.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is why I cringe when I see athletes family members on these boards.....it has to be tempting I suppose to see what people are saying but for the most part they probably wouldn’t want to hear the shit a bunch of anonymous “ experts” have to say about their kids

I’ve always felt it must be very awkward for them..... I know a few former athletes and they’re not big fans of these sites for some reason 🤔

Kenyon - total shot in the dark. I have an almost 9-year-old that lives and dies for Hawkeye Basketball. We live in the Iowa City area. His birthday is coming up - we rented out the North Liberty Rec Center gym for two hours. Any chance that either of your boys would be willing to stop by and shoot hoops with the kids for ~30 minutes. While I know Keegan isn't going to be hurting for money soon (congrats by the way), I'm happy to pay them a bit for their time if that matters. If it's not their thing no problem. Jack will still be rooting for them either way.

Thanks

Pete
Appreciate the request. At this time KnK aren’t committing to anything past this Sunday’s event at Scheels. Keegan’s pre-draft schedule is crazy and Kris will be in and out of town working with skill development coaches. Keeping balance in their lives is my main job at this point and we have had to turn down a lot of requests like this to maintain that balance.

Last edited:
Appreciate the request. At this time KnK aren’t committing to anything past this Sunday’s event at Scheels. Keegan’s pre-draft is crazy and Kris will be in and out of time working will skill development training. Keeping balance in their lives is my main job at this point and we have had to turn down a lot of requests like this to maintain that balance.

That was nice of you to reply to Pete, I'm sure he wasn't expecting a response with you guys being so busy.

Now let me hijack the thread. Just curious, what skills is Kris working on and does he have any special areas he's wanting to work on? Looking forward to seeing the improvement from the whole team.

Good luck, I think what you are doing is awesome! You know though, if this doesn't work and the Murray's are not available, wouldn't your son be thrilled with any Hawkeye? JBo, PMac, CMac, Perkins? Maybe JBo is too important, but I doubt the others get asked that much and would love to have some spending money. I am not on Twitter but maybe you have to go there to get in touch with those guys.

I think the athletic department should have something set up for things like this, now with NIL money legal. It gives all these kids the opportunity to make a few hundred dollars for an hour or two of "work" and in the meantime be ambassadors for the university. These things would surely make lifelong lasting memories for these kids. And you know, it doesn't just have to be basketball and football players either.

Good luck!
This. I'm sure Jbo would show just for a chance to to keep his Hawkeye persona alive. Do hide the booze and cups of ice though.... ;)

Appreciate the request. At this time KnK aren’t committing to anything past this Sunday’s event at Scheels. Keegan’s pre-draft is crazy and Kris will be in and out of time working will skill development training. Keeping balance in their lives is my main job at this point and we have had to turn down a lot of requests like this to maintain that balance.
Thanks for replying.

Thanks for the response Kenyon. Your boys seem like great kids. Best of luck to them in the future.

Appreciate the request. At this time KnK aren’t committing to anything past this Sunday’s event at Scheels. Keegan’s pre-draft schedule is crazy and Kris will be in and out of town working with skill development coaches. Keeping balance in their lives is my main job at this point and we have had to turn down a lot of requests like this to maintain that balance.
Big picture kinda guy here
:)

There is shooting your shot, and then there is this. They are in a no win situation. If somehow they were able to do your kid's birthday, then is the expectation that they do every kid's birthday who asks?
If you’re going to take this shot at all, it needs to be in a DM.

Reactions: Capital1Hawk
That was nice of you to reply to Pete, I'm sure he wasn't expecting a response with you guys being so busy.

Now let me hijack the thread. Just curious, what skills is Kris working on and does he have any special areas he's wanting to work on? Looking forward to seeing the improvement from the whole team.
Pete?

Most would say my wife (no pic) is too good for me. Only reason we're together is because I had the balls to ask. Can't win if you don't try. You can make all the fun you want. Any parent who wants to make his kid's BDay party amazing and memorable would at least give it a shot. I don't have any other way of getting his attention so tried this. If he doesn't respond then I've lost exactly ten minutes of my life. If he does and it works then I'm my kid's hero and this BDay party is a forever memory type of event.
Probably not the best forum to make such a request. Hope your kid has a memorable birthday.

For you guys bashing the OP, do you have kids? Why not give it a shot? He actually got a response and Ill never fault a person for wanting to do something special for their kids.

Can you imagine being 9 years old and having your favorite athlete show up and shoot some baskets with you? My son got a high five from Tony Ramos while shopping at HyVee and still talks about it years later. Pretty crazy that we find it acceptable to bash players online when they have an off night but the dad trying to make his son’s dream come true is the idiot. 🙄

For you guys bashing the OP, do you have kids? Why not give it a shot? He actually got a response and Ill never fault a person for wanting to do something special for their kids.

Can you imagine being 9 years old and having your favorite athlete show up and shoot some baskets with you? My son got a high five from Tony Ramos while shopping at HyVee and still talks about it years later. Pretty crazy that we find it acceptable to bash players online when they have an off night but the dad trying to make his son’s dream come true is the idiot. 🙄
Totally agree on the shooting your shot piece, but, DM Kenyon here or on Twitter, don't do it in public. I never figured Antonio Ramos for a Hy Vee type, but that's cool. Thanks for adding that tidbit to the legend that was Antonio Ramos.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Totally agree on the shooting your shot piece, but, DM Kenyon here or on Twitter, don't do it in public. I never figured Antonio Ramos for a Hy Vee type, but that's cool. Thanks for adding that tidbit to the legend that was Antonio Ramos.
I am pretty sure he is referring to the wrestler. Not the 7 footer.

I am pretty sure he is referring to the wrestler. Not the 7 footer.
Well then, far far less impressive........ ;) (also, yes, but this is a basketball related post and that was too close to pass up. May need to recalibrate your HR.com humor sensor.)

Honestly, I asked Jack and he likes Tony Perkins a ton. Would love to get JBo. The tough thing is access. I work at the UiHC - could easily find their email addresses as a member of the UIowa community and cold call them. But that feels like a wild invasion of privacy and would never do that. This was the only way I could think of where I could potentially get some access without splashing my contact info for anyone to spam me. It may not work, but you never know. Either way I think we’ll have a great time. Appreciate the support!
I’m not sold in JBo... he’d probably start throwing ice at the kids.

• Haha
Reactions: Stemar and GOHOX69
Well then, far far less impressive........ ;) (also, yes, but this is a basketball related post and that was too close to pass up. May need to recalibrate your HR.com humor sensor.)
I didn't know you were trying to be funny...

Reactions: Fitzhawk
ADVERTISEMENT