ADVERTISEMENT

Toyota was found to have falsified data and skirted impact-safety tests

Dec 31, 2014
Wow!

NEWS: Toyota was found to have falsified data and skirted impact-safety tests while applying to certify seven past and current vehicles, a government investigation has found.

Toyota submitted faulty data during pedestrian-safety tests for three current models, and used modified test vehicles during collision-safety tests for four past models, the Japanese transport ministry said Monday. The company was among five companies, including Honda Motor Co. and Mazda Motor Corp., found to have problems with their safety certifications.

Source: bloomberg.com/news/articles/…

• Wow
Reactions: h-hawk

giphy.gif

Still need an opinion on buying a used BMW 328 series (2011) with 137k miles.
No no no. We have a 2013 my parents gave us a couple of years ago and I’ve put thousands upon thousands into it since. About the same miles and they cared for it meticulously. You’d be staring down the same barrel. I do love my x3, although it is much newer.

This news will not deter me from buying Toyota. We have a 2015 Lexus RX 350 and absolutely love it. It’s my no pic wife’s car and we’ve had zero problems and it’s got about 90k miles.

Reactions: Chishawk1425
My brother in law was a Toyota tech and says they've gone down hill recently, more quality control issues.

Said the older 2000s stuff is still great though

Honda is the same way. The newest model year offerings have lots of gremlins.

You know who is quietly taking the quality crown?

Mazda.

Meh.....Pedestrian Safety tests - those are the stupidest, over reaching 'safety' regulations anyway.

One of my cars has two small airbags under the hood of the car that are supposed to deploy and raise the hood a few inches in the event of me running down someone in a crosswalk so they literally hit the hood sooner and absorb the impact better.

All because my car design is "too low" in the front per European pedestrian regulations.

This news will not deter me from buying Toyota. We have a 2015 Lexus RX 350 and absolutely love it. It’s my no pic wife’s car and we’ve had zero problems and it’s got about 90k miles.
Really like the idea of it, but maybe in a few years. Also the price of new trucks is ****ing stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT