ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Tracking Iowa's early 2023 offers

Apr 8, 2003
As we move towards mid-February, now is always the point in the calendar where we like to start tracking early scholarship offers in next year's recruiting class. To date, the Hawkeyes have offered 63 recruits in the Class of 2023.

In this update, we take a closer look at how they break down by location, position, ranking, commitment status, and how that number compares to past recruiting classes.

K
As we move towards mid-February, now is always the point in the calendar where we like to start tracking early scholarship offers in next year's recruiting class. To date, the Hawkeyes have offered 63 recruits in the Class of 2023.

In this update, we take a closer look at how they break down by location, position, ranking, commitment status, and how that number compares to past recruiting classes.

Kind of Surprised they don't have a bit more up in that 90 range. But I am guessing we will continue see more go out in the next couple of months.

Another year, another cluster of early scholarship offers (6) to prospects residing in the St. Louis metro area. Given its proximity to IC and the annual wealth of talent, Lou seems like a logical and worthwhile recruiting target area for Iowa football coaches...... it just never...very rarely.... bears black and gold fruit.

Will this cycle be any different? It appears that the Hawkeyes at least have a solid foot in the door with St. Louis athletes TE Mac Markaway and OT Cayden Green. Landing either of those players (both highly ranked) would be a huge IMO.

Might just be my perception but Iowa appears to be making a bigger push in the Kansas City MO area also.

Another year, another cluster of early scholarship offers (6) to prospects residing in the St. Louis metro area. Given its proximity to IC and the annual wealth of talent, Lou seems like a logical and worthwhile recruiting target area for Iowa football coaches...... it just never...very rarely.... bears black and gold fruit.

Will this cycle be any different? It appears that the Hawkeyes at least have a solid foot in the door with St. Louis athletes TE Mac Markaway and OT Cayden Green. Landing either of those players (both highly ranked) would be a huge IMO.

Might just be my perception but Iowa appears to be making a bigger push in the Kansas City MO area also.
Cayden Green is from Kansas City. I think it makes a lot of sense to hit that area even harder now with Ladell Betts on the staff plus Kelton Copeland already recruiting the area.

I agree though it'd be nice to see LeVar Woods' work in St. Louis pay off with a commitment from someone like Markway, Gant, or Ortwerth this cycle.

Iowa's current offers in the St. Louis area for 2023 are:

Cayden Green
Mac Markway
Zach Ortwerth
Tyler Gant
Jeremiyah Love
Christian Gray

Green plays in Lee's Summit which is a suburb just east of KC metro. Good recruiting ground for Iowa. St Louis does produce black and gold fruit, unfortunately usually for Missouri. Still Iowa has had some success in "The Lou" and needs to keep a foothold there and KC, especially while Mizzou is floundering.

Green plays in Lee's Summit which is a suburb just east of KC metro. Good recruiting ground for Iowa. St Louis does produce black and gold fruit, unfortunately usually for Missouri. Still Iowa has had some success in "The Lou" and needs to keep a foothold there and KC, especially while Mizzou is floundering.
I wish Iowa would flounder like Mizzou and have a recruiting haul like they did last year.

I wish Iowa would flounder like Mizzou and have a recruiting haul like they did last year.
Whatever. Mizzou only wishes in their wet dreams they could be as consistently good as Iowa. The locals here would be lapping it up. Of course if Mizzou was to win about 9 games a year that would only change expectations. Sound familiar........

Cayden Green is from Kansas City. I think it makes a lot of sense to hit that area even harder now with Ladell Betts on the staff plus Kelton Copeland already recruiting the area.

I agree though it'd be nice to see LeVar Woods' work in St. Louis pay off with a commitment from someone like Markway, Gant, or Ortwerth this cycle.

Iowa's current offers in the St. Louis area for 2023 are:

Cayden Green
Mac Markway
Zach Ortwerth
Tyler Gant
Jeremiyah Love
Christian Gray
Yep, Beau Stephens is from Blue Springs which is where Ladell prepped. They almost always have a couple of D1 players every year. Arland Bruce the IV is actually from Olathe, KS(minus his one year stop over in Iowa), Richman is from Stilwell, and watch out for Johnny Pascuzzi the walk on TE from Rockhurst, a private school powerhouse in KC. Always good to have some KC boys on the roster.....

Reactions: Simbahawk4 and nu2u
K

Kind of Surprised they don't have a bit more up in that 90 range. But I am guessing we will continue see more go out in the next couple of months.
Do you really think that not a single one of the kids currently committed to schools like Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, Clemson, tOSU, PSU, Michigan, OU, UT, USC...etc. have an offer from Iowa? I mean really...that is what you think?

As your own mod has mentioned (many many times): Offers are self reported, mods need to put them in the database (not the kids or programs) and the list is highly innacute. I mean do you also think that few to none of the dozens and dozens...and dozens...of kids not committed but with a top 5/7/10 that doesn't include Iowa but includes perennial top 10 programs didn’t recieve an offer? Or do you think that maybe they didn't mention Iowa as one of the 30-60 offers they got?

Your mod is doing a superb job of following the kids where there is mutual interest. It would be a waste of his (and the readers') time to just check which recruits had an offer but are not considering Iowa. The list of offers Iowa has out is AT LEAST double.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Your mod is doing a superb job of following the kids where there is mutual interest. It would be a waste of his (and the readers') time to just check which recruits had an offer but are not considering Iowa. The list of offers Iowa has out is AT LEAST double
I seriously doubt the discrepancy between official offers and reported offers is that large. I suppose a few prospects might decide to intentionally non-report a formal offer from a major college football program but such instances are probably rare and likely limited for the most part to kids who have already solidly committed to another school.

Do you really think that not a single one of the kids currently committed to schools like Bama, UGA, LSU, UF, Clemson, tOSU, PSU, Michigan, OU, UT, USC...etc. have an offer from Iowa? I mean really...that is what you think?

As your own mod has mentioned (many many times): Offers are self reported, mods need to put them in the database (not the kids or programs) and the list is highly innacute. I mean do you also think that few to none of the dozens and dozens...and dozens...of kids not committed but with a top 5/7/10 that doesn't include Iowa but includes perennial top 10 programs didn’t recieve an offer? Or do you think that maybe they didn't mention Iowa as one of the 30-60 offers they got?

Your mod is doing a superb job of following the kids where there is mutual interest. It would be a waste of his (and the readers') time to just check which recruits had an offer but are not considering Iowa. The list of offers Iowa has out is AT LEAST double.
Nope! Iowa doesn’t just dish out offers to every great recruit in the south, or west coast, or anywhere for that matter! Why should they? They do their research and offer kids who they fell fit the profile of a successful student athlete at Iowa. I’m sure there are a few not reported, but definitely not double like you suggested!

Reactions: NevadaHawk
ADVERTISEMENT