ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer bug hits WBB

No inside info on this but if a players entourage is upset common sense indicates the player is also upset. I would love to have Warnock remain a Hawk but if she wants to be a 1 or 2 scoring option it won’t happen at Iowa.. As I stated the 4 players coming in next year are at least as talented as Warnock.
This is not true at all. More often than not a parent/uncle ect thinks their guy/girl isn't getting enough playing time and/or shots. There aren't that many disgruntled players.

My speculations are based on what others have posted and of course I own my opinions.

Also for consideration: the information hawkbuck has been right about has related to All Iowa Attack players (Clark and Feuerbach). I feel pretty safe in saying Clark is going nowhere, and Feuerbach just transferred in. The other All Iowa Attack alums on the team are Shateah Wetering and Megan Meyer.

As I said above, I could see both Wetering and Meyer wanting to transfer for basketball reasons. Wetering seems more likely to me given that she doesn't have a clear path to playing time, while Meyer is likely in next year's rotation and has family connections to the program.
Why would either of those players be disappointin? I have no idea what kind of players they would be, but neither is expected to have a major impact in the next year or two.

Is the Iowa state transfer signing official with Iowa I haven’t heard from Lisa bluder or r they waiting on something

Is the Iowa state transfer signing official with Iowa I haven’t heard from Lisa bluder or r they waiting on something
It has been announced. Think family and Iowa WbB offices both made public

Lots of good NAIA and DII schools that could use the help. Hope she finds the right fit.

R you hearing that cyber hawk or is it a guess
Not “hearing” anything. I am absolutely no insider at all. I would say maybe a semi-educated speculation. When this thread was started, I actually dismissed that notion. Now I’m a bit worried. I could easily be wrong and truly hope that I am.

Lots of good NAIA and DII schools that could use the help. Hope she finds the right fit.
This is a little premature. She is a pre-med student so her academic aspirations might be more important to her. Also, I would not assume that she would necessarily transfer down. She has DI athleticism and skill.

Reactions: undersized_post
I have a suspicion that Tomi could transfer. I hope not because I believe she still has untapped potential.
Tomi transferring wouldn't shock me. She was the 6th woman on last year's team, but Feuerbach transferring in complicates her role on next year's team. It's certainly possible she will average fewer minutes next year if she stays.

I also think that Tomi could be a starter at a P5 school or high mid-major. She's an athletic wing that shoots well from three. There's a reason she played a big role on a Sweet 16 team.

That said, she will be a senior and will likely have some role on next year's team, even if it might not be 6th woman. There's a high probability that she will stay and finish out her time at Iowa.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Tomi transferring wouldn't shock me. She was the 6th woman on last year's team, but Feuerbach transferring in complicates her role on next year's team. It's certainly possible she will average fewer minutes next year if she stays.

I also think that Tomi could be a starter at a P5 school or high mid-major. She's an athletic wing that shoots well from three. There's a reason she played a big role on a Sweet 16 team.

That said, she will be a senior and will likely have some role on next year's team, even if it might not be 6th woman. There's a high probability that she will stay and finish out her time at Iowa.

Wow, you play both sides of the ball. She might leave or she might stay.

Isn’t school out in three weeks whouldnt we know by now if anybody else was leaving

The women's team is scheduled to be recognized at Saturday's open football practice. I for one will be watching to see if there is anyone "missing" from the team photo op. That might be a clue.

Wow, you play both sides of the ball. She might leave or she might stay.
All I was trying to convey was that Tomi transferring wouldn't shock me because there are basketball reasons why she might want to. I still don't think she is particularly likely to. I'm not playing any side. Just commenting on a topic being discussed.

Reactions: just_somebody
All I was trying to convey was that Tomi transferring wouldn't shock me because there are basketball reasons why she might want to. I still don't think she is particularly likely to. I'm not playing any side. Just commenting on a topic being discussed.
Tomorrow evening is the WBB banquet on Zoom. I will try to see who is (or isn't) there.

Reactions: UptownHawk
E0FYo6rX0AMjCpH

This press release about Kylie Feuerbach officially signing with Iowa has a picture of her wearing #1. But Tomi Taiwo already wears #1 for us... Is this a bad sign or am I reading too much into this? Kylie wore #10 at ISU.

E0FYo6rX0AMjCpH

This press release about Kylie Feuerbach officially signing with Iowa has a picture of her wearing #1. But Tomi Taiwo already wears #1 for us... Is this a bad sign or am I reading too much into this? Kylie wore #10 at ISU.
Reading way too much. I sure hope the players don't visit the message boards.

I think Kylie was 10 at ISU, so they're going to have to haul it down from the ceiling.

• Haha
Reactions: undersized_post
E0FYo6rX0AMjCpH

You are reading to much into it. Last November when the 3 recruits signed they had a picture of them together each having the number 1.

Taylor Mikesell transferring from Oregon to Ohio State. Her stats weren't that good last year, but a quality 3-point shooter. Since she already went from Maryland to Oregon, seeing mixed opinions on whether she will be able to play next year.

Taylor Mikesell transferring from Oregon to Ohio State. Her stats weren't that good last year, but a quality 3-point shooter. Since she already went from Maryland to Oregon, seeing mixed opinions on whether she will be able to play next year.
As I understand the transfer rule that was approved yesterday, you receive immediate eligibility only if you have NOT transferred previously. I suppose you can go through the waiver process but it seems that might be an uphill battle now with new rule.

Well, everyone was there except Lauren Jensen. Each team member was recognized individually and spoken of glowingly by Coach Bluder. As much enthusiasm as I have seen. I don't think we have much to worry about.
If we get into middle of next week without an addition to transfer portal, then the roster seems set, barring a transfer in. Not convinced fully of that yet.......

If we get into middle of next week without an addition to transfer portal, then the roster seems set, barring a transfer in. Not convinced fully of that yet.......
Not fully convinced that someone from our program doesn't transfer or we get another transfer in?

Who whould that be
My guess (based mostly on what I’ve read here) is that it would be Shateah Wetering.
This is a a very personal decision for student athletes, so if a member decides to voluntarily share comments here without “naming names”, I think that is all that should be expected. If there is anything to the notion that perhaps one more may decide to leave, we will soon know.

Reactions: brfhilltop
My guess (based mostly on what I’ve read here) is that it would be Shateah Wetering.
This is a a very personal decision for student athletes, so if a member decides to voluntarily share comments here without “naming names”, I think that is all that should be expected. If there is anything to the notion that perhaps one more may decide to leave, we will soon know.
Lisa said at the banquet last night that Shateah had a series of unfortunate happenings this season that held her back -- COVID, a concussion, mono and I forget what else. She said Shateah is an amazing athlete with a bright future. I know she ran a 57 second 400 at state her senior year. I think she has the size and speed to contribute at some point. I have no inside information, but I would tap the brakes on her leaving.

I wish Lauren well but she surely needs to perform better than she did as as Hawk.

R you hearing something hawkbuck 70 on another player saying this thread should not die just yet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT