ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer bug hits WBB

Sad to see Megan go. I personally think it was a mistake to add Kylie as I don't really see what she adds that Meyer/Jensen didn't already bring to the table. And adding a stretch 4 via the transfer portal would have been more beneficial and less harmful to team chemistry. Megan had really worked hard and had come on at the end of the season, particularly on defense. I hope Megan finds a good fit and potentially stays close to home at Drake or UNI or goes somewhere like IL/WI that really need talent. She has three years left and was only beginning to show her potential.

Lisa and Jan disagree Gabe! They wouldn’t touch a transfer unless they feel she will be an upgrade.

Reactions: HIWILLE
Sad to see Megan go. I personally think it was a mistake to add Kylie as I don't really see what she adds that Meyer/Jensen didn't already bring to the table. And adding a stretch 4 via the transfer portal would have been more beneficial and less harmful to team chemistry. Megan had really worked hard and had come on at the end of the season, particularly on defense. I hope Megan finds a good fit and potentially stays close to home at Drake or UNI or goes somewhere like IL/WI that really need talent. She has three years left and was only beginning to show her potential.
Gabe your analysis is typically spot on but Megan and Lauren both have severe shortfalls on the defensive end. Having watched Kylie for a good bit, she is a much better defender than both of the former Hawks. I do wish them both great future success because in addition to their basketball skills they are fantastic people.

Jan was not happy after the U-Conn game. Had the lead cut to 11 at the mid-quarter timeout. They were felling good that they were able to make a game of it at the end. Then their next 4 possessions ended with 3 turnovers, all 3 committed by 1 player. She did not mention names and neither will I. I just got the feeling that that player will have a short leash this year.

Jan was not happy after the U-Conn game. Had the lead cut to 11 at the mid-quarter timeout. They were felling good that they were able to make a game of it at the end. Then their next 4 possessions ended with 3 turnovers, all 3 committed by 1 player. She did not mention names and neither will I. I just got the feeling that that player will have a short leash this year.
I think Tomi is more in danger of losing minutes than Kate (I don't have a problem naming her. We all watched the game). It's possible that Kylie could start over her, but I still think both will get 20+ minutes. Kate had a bad sequence in the UConn game for sure, but she was 4th on the team in turnovers last year. Turnovers weren't a major issue for her. Or at least they weren't a bigger issue for her than the other starters.

As for Kylie vs. Megan and Lauren, we'll have to wait and see. Her shooting will have to be significantly better than it was her freshman year. That said, I'm going to guess she will play more minutes this season than Lauren and Megan would have combined if she didn't come. Megan seemed destined to be the backup 1 and depth at the 2 and 3, while there was no indication Lauren would even break into the rotation.

Reactions: HIWILLE and LinusPF
Does anybody know who the new director of basketball operations is going to be do you know hawkbuck

Article in today’s Globe Gazette (aka the Glob Gets It), the Mason City paper, on her transfer. She has nothing but good things to say about her time at Iowa, the coaches and her teammates. It’s at globegazette.com. (I’m too stupid to link from phone...sorry)

"With Iowa State transfer Kylie Feuerbach coming into the fold, plus three of the incoming 2021 recruits being guards, playing time behind All-American Caitlin Clark was going to be a battle."

O'Grady and Ediger are obviously NOT guards. Good article nonetheless.

Reactions: undersized_post
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT