ADVERTISEMENT

transfer portal

eb05

HR MVP
Feb 5, 2002
Texas
anyone know if there are any guys who hit the portal yet? sounds like there is going to be some high profile transfers again this year.

lots of david carr transfer discussion and we all know where he will end up if that happens

anyone know if there are any guys who hit the portal yet? sounds like there is going to be some high profile transfers again this year.

lots of david carr transfer discussion and we all know where he will end up if that happens
I'm not as plugged in as most here, where is that?

I haven't seen any legit Carr transfer talk. Only the usual rumor mongoring that occurs. Most of it gets started by PSU, they have a rather large number of transfer rumors they float every year. Last season it was Carr, Wick, Suriano, the guy from Rider who was runner up to Carr, Griffith, and Dean and Hildebrandt that actually happened. I'm probably forgetting some. Carl has a Long history of propagating transfers outside the requirements. Pun intended.

I haven't seen any legit Carr transfer talk. Only the usual rumor mongoring that occurs. Most of it gets started by PSU, they have a rather large number of transfer rumors they float every year. Last season it was Carr, Wick, Suriano, the guy from Rider who was runner up to Carr, Griffith, and Dean and Hildebrandt that actually happened. I'm probably forgetting some. Carl has a Long history of propagating transfers outside the requirements. Pun intended.

the flowrestling guys all but said it on todays podcast.

Reactions: goldenanimal
I was thinking of the Princeton one. I thought the NC one was done for some reason. The NC might be a 174 now.
i also thought he was done, but tweeted that he had eligibility left and might want to come back. that's who people are speculating about. don't think quincey has plans to leave princeton.

Well
Suriano was looking at PSU and liked Michigan better. Wick was a done deal to PSU until he couldn’t get credits transferred for graduate classes but could for Cal Poly which is a much better school. Believe it or not Cael doesn’t have total control and the bureaucracy of admissions won out. They reached out to Delvechio but he was done with wrestling. Most of that is true except Carr. They spend time training in Pa. Dad is from Erie I believe.

Doesn’t matter it’s still a practice partner to sharp others
He hasn't done jack at his other two stops. Evidently going to try and suck down a weight class but I'm not holding my breath he will be more than a warm body. They have plenty of others to sharpen people already, can't see him making much difference. They just took a returning 4th place finisher and turned him into nothing.

Will Betencort, was FOSU backup 133 last year and they were not good at 133.
Rumor is that it's a potential precursor of another shoe to drop (Nick Feldman), likely based on this article:

Also, it's speculated that this is what the Pyles discussion on FRL was alluding to.

Rumor is that it's a potential precursor of another shoe to drop (Nick Feldman), likely based on this article:

Also, it's speculated that this is what the Pyles discussion on FRL was alluding to.
No offense but we don't need to have the circle jerk visions from the PSU board regurgitated over here. Betencort is a fly on an elephants ass and in no way is part of some package deal to get Feldman. If Feldman wants to go to PSU and sit behind Kerk then have at it but Betencort going there is not going to be the reason.

Personally, I’d like a transfer that has 4 years of eligibility remaining…. Like one that’s wanted to be a Hawk his whole life and kinda rushed a decision and may be may be regretting it a bit now. Wish I could think of someone like that…
Does he have a name? Tate?

Edit, forgot he's still in HS

Reactions: el dub
This is one of those things where I’ll get raked over the coals if it doesn’t come to fruition, but who cares right?!

Cody Chittum. Young man was always supposed to be a Hawkeye…. Let’s hope he’s getting nudged by some folks that are a pretty damn good influence on him. Fingers crossed!

Feldmans coach posted on bwi this week that he was all in w tOSU. I would think he would know more than psu fan boys.....or bwi posters that post stuff just to twist up rival fans
No offense but we don't need to have the circle jerk visions from the PSU board regurgitated over here. Betencort is a fly on an elephants ass and in no way is part of some package deal to get Feldman. If Feldman wants to go to PSU and sit behind Kerk then have at it but Betencort going there is not going to be the reason.

This is one of those things where I’ll get raked over the coals if it doesn’t come to fruition, but who cares right?!

Cody Chittum. Young man was always supposed to be a Hawkeye…. Let’s hope he’s getting nudged by some folks that are a pretty damn good influence on him. Fingers crossed!
I love to know how this story got started.

Are we in full "off season" mode already?

Kennedy Monday in the portal.

Wasn't there mention that 157 is a gaping wound next year?

Hasn’t been at 157 in over 4 years. Seems unlikely.

Oh hell.

He was supposed to be a Hawk, no doubt about that. His style, his toughness, his work ethic all scream Hawkeye. I’m not sure how that one went awry, and I wouldn’t be mad to see him hit the portal. Heck even one of his coaches is employed by the HWC. Him and Shapiro at back to back weights would be a dream scenario. If it eventually happens, don’t you dare pinch me, I’m not waking up!

Minnesota will never win a team title with Brandon Eggum at the helm, but they are recruiting really really well as of late. They’ll be better than they are now.
Recent history, even with GS, has been really ugly.

GS saved Eggum's job. We'll see what happens in the next two years without him.

Like ISU, one stud every 2-3 years doesn't mean much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT