ADVERTISEMENT

transfer portal

Recent history, even with GS, has been really ugly.

GS saved Eggum's job. We'll see what happens in the next two years without him.

Like ISU, one stud every 2-3 years doesn't mean much.
They like Salazar, Sparks and Nagao from the 2020 class, and Tabor from 2021, but he’s had a really disappointing redshirt year.
2022 will bring in Spratley (top 15 recruit) along with Jamison (who won a Fargo title over every ISU fans favorite Swiderski last summer) and Hunter Lyden who’s a 4x MN title winner and Super 32 placer.
2023 #1 overall Chittum, Cadet world team member and top 10 recruit Gavin Nelson, and Fargo champ McEnelly ranked in the top 30 as well.
GS absolutely did save Eggums job. There are many up here who want to see him gone. But he did develop a recruit not-ranked in the top 200 into an AA (Bergeland) and has been recruiting well the last two years. Gophers AD doesn’t care enough to fire him if he’s producing the bare minimum.

They like Salazar, Sparks and Nagao from the 2020 class, and Tabor from 2021, but he’s had a really disappointing redshirt year.
2022 will bring in Spratley (top 15 recruit) along with Jamison (who won a Fargo title over every ISU fans favorite Swiderski last summer) and Hunter Lyden who’s a 4x MN title winner and Super 32 placer.
2023 #1 overall Chittum, Cadet world team member and top 10 recruit Gavin Nelson, and Fargo champ McEnelly ranked in the top 30 as well.
GS absolutely did save Eggums job. There are many up here who want to see him gone. But he did develop a recruit not-ranked in the top 200 into an AA (Bergeland) and has been recruiting well the last two years. Gophers AD doesn’t care enough to fire him if he’s producing the bare minimum.
Eggum is fine. Minnesota has a lot of issues and if he keeps the program clean he isn’t going anywhere. Plus it’s good for college wrestling to have one of the premier programs back near the top.

Getting Monday would be HUGE! Maybe he or PK could move to 157? or maybe one could go to 74 and bump brands up to 184? Not ideal or the very best option I know but adding another stud from a Wrestling family would be good news!

Reactions: xjohnx and el dub
Getting Monday would be HUGE! Maybe he or PK could move to 157? or maybe one could go to 74 and bump brands up to 184? Not ideal or the very best option I know but adding another stud from a Wrestling family would be good news!
I don't think he or PK can make 157 and Brands is not a 184 despite his time spent there.

Lugo and Desanto made leaps in the room. No reason he couldn’t do the same.
they came here after their first and second year of college. kennedy monday is like 24. i don’t even know how he has eligibility.

Lugo and Desanto made leaps in the room. No reason he couldn’t do the same.
Desanto was a round of 12 guy as a true freshman and was a meltdown away from placing. He came to Iowa with everyone expecting him to place. Lugo was right there also before coming to Iowa and he really never made HUGE strides. Granted he was ranked 1 his last year, but being ranked and doing it are two different things. AKA the Bull.

Desanto was a round of 12 guy as a true freshman and was a meltdown away from placing. He came to Iowa with everyone expecting him to place. Lugo was right there also before coming to Iowa and he really never made HUGE strides. Granted he was ranked 1 his last year, but being ranked and doing it are two different things. AKA the Bull.
Going from Rd12 type to the consensus NCAA Champ pick isn’t a huge stride?

Not sure why I ever read this board anymore, especially around Nationals. So many idiots saying so many absurdly ridiculous things. It’s a little like watching a train wreck — you can’t look away. If this board actually had a moderator, that crap would get deleted and those fools would get banned. But we know that’s a pipe dream and major reason that so many actual fans have quit posting here.

I’ve seen morans posting insane insults about our coaches that have no basis in reality. These fools obviously have no clue about the kinds of people our coaches are. They’ll continue to act like tough guys behind their anonymous screen names and I’m sure they’ll keep up with the ridiculous insults about our coaches. Sick and twisted, but inevitable, and on a board that isn’t moderated this bunk can’t be stopped.

Just figured I’d point out what most people with an IQ over 20 already realize — that this stuff is complete garbage and that these idiots should be ignored. Just as they have the ability to post this crap, rational fans have the right to point out how worthless their posts are.

For wrestling fans who actually want to have civil, interesting, substantive discussions using actual names (nowhere for trolls to hide behind anonymous screen names) in a forum that’s actually moderated, you may have that option in the near future. Stay tuned.
Sounds interesting.

Sasso to PSU.
He'd be perfect for them. He's already a proven winner, and he knows how to get one (usually defensive) takedown and then stall his a$$ of the rest of the match. The great coach they have wouldn't have to change anything. Although, 5th place doesn't meet their standards for recruiting, they might have to pass on him.

PK to 57 sound intriguing given there’s 9 months to move that’s direction. Brands said in an interview when he was at 84 he was weighing in 78 I believe. That’s a huge challenge giving up that much weight.
If Nelson is weighing 178 full feed wrestling up at 184 then why don't he cut to 157. It sucks because I think Nelson and Kennedy are best suited for 165. Not to mention Swafford and Riggins are also probably best suited for 165 next year. We got 9 months to figure it out.

Lugo went 1-2 at NCAAs his last year at Edinboro and 31-9. He had flashes of what he could be (beating Sorensen) but lacked consistency. Was an AA his RS jr year but really looked good in his last year.

It’s pretty ridiculous to claim going from 1-2 at the NCAAs to the top seed and consensus favorite in 2020 isn’t a huge stride. Pretty much every guy who ascends on the podium or in the rankings shows promise and thus an expectation early in their career.

If Nelson is weighing 178 full feed wrestling up at 184 then why don't he cut to 157. It sucks because I think Nelson and Kennedy are best suited for 165. Not to mention Swafford and Riggins are also probably best suited for 165 next year. We got 9 months to figure it out.

This post is how you know it’s the off-season even if you didn’t know it was the off-season.

It’s pretty ridiculous to claim going from 1-2 at the NCAAs to the top seed and consensus favorite in 2020 isn’t a huge stride. Pretty much every guy who ascends on the podium or in the rankings shows promise and thus an expectation early in their career.

This post is how you know it’s the off-season even if you didn’t know it was the off-season.
Word on the street is Grothis is coming back for that spot. But you didn’t hear that from me.

Lugo went 1-2 at NCAAs his last year at Edinboro and 31-9. He had flashes of what he could be (beating Sorensen) but lacked consistency. Was an AA his RS jr year but really looked good in his last year.
He was going to win it all his senior year.

I 100% agree with this formula...Find young, smaller conference qualifiers with big upsides, and get them in the Iowa room. Preferably with some natural athleticism.

people-show-who-they-are.gif
Hopefully it will be more than hand fight and head pull for 7 minutes with no shots taken.

I’m not sure how healthy Brands was before Kemerer took back the reigns? JMO- he was undersized at 184 last year, but he looked alright @174, but may or may have been hampered by injury. At what point was he “competing with injury” and when was he flat done due to injury last year?
Yeah I think he would be best @ 165 but he didn’t seem undersized @ 174. I hope he’s healthy and wrestled like an aggressive 174 next year.

Reactions: depelland
ADVERTISEMENT