ADVERTISEMENT

Transgender Charged With Sexual Abuse Of Teen Girl in Bathroom

As a Christian, I believe there are two genders, man and woman.

Now, over the past few months I have really really tried to understand Transgender people and what they are going through.

I absolutely hate how the right is making Transgender people out to be evil, it's ridiculous.

I may not always understand, but I will always make an effort to love my fellow humans.
I don't really understand transgender people either. But, I know I will not be able to understand everything. Just because I don't understand something doesn't mean I can't have empathy for their situation. I do believe there is something real going on in people that end up identifying as transgender. I don't need to understand that, i just need to be a decent human being.

Or instead of worrying about who is pwning the libs on FOX for 800k grey hair every night, we could actually discuss the merits of the issue.

Problem 1 - there should not even be a thing as a transgender student because minors should not be allowed to indulge a delusion that is harmful to them.

Problem 2 - the safety of women and girls should be a responsibility that men take seriously. Even if they are not being raped, women deserve to not have penises on display in their bathroom or to be gawked at while they are pooping. A dude does not magically become a woman by putting on a dress and eyeliner.
Here's a crazy thought -- how about we just make bathrooms be bathrooms and not assign genders to them? You know, the way humanity did for centuries.

Sexualizing bathroom usage is creepy and weird. It's merely a room where you can access a hole attached to plumbing so humans can piss and shit in relative privacy. There is zero reason a bathroom needs to be segregated by gender.

As a Christian, I believe there are two genders, man and woman.

Now, over the past few months I have really really tried to understand Transgender people and what they are going through.

I absolutely hate how the right is making Transgender people out to be evil, it's ridiculous.

I may not always understand, but I will always make an effort to love my fellow humans.
This is the correct attitude towards a trans adult. They are children of God like you and me.

A completely different attitude is required when people are trying to normalize that kind of behavior in children that are not equipped to understand it.

Reactions: NoleATL
Here's a crazy thought -- how about we just make bathrooms be bathrooms and not assign genders to them? You know, the way humanity did for centuries.

Sexualizing bathroom usage is creepy and weird. It's merely a room where you can access a hole attached to plumbing so humans can piss and shit in relative privacy. There is zero reason a bathroom needs to be segregated by gender.
You’re right, that is a crazy thought.

You’re right, that is a crazy thought.
It really isn't. And more and more American businesses, public buildings and office spaces are moving toward gender neutral bathrooms as that has been the practice for most of human history. It is also the way the majority of restrooms across the globe are as well.

All the bathrooms in our office look like this:

6-DE524-B2-A1-AC-46-CA-951-F-C3-BB24275082.jpg

I thought it was because weird and creepy people sexualize it that they have segregated bathrooms. (basically certain males causing trouble)

It really isn't. And more and more American businesses, public buildings and office spaces are moving toward gender neutral bathrooms as that has been the practice for most of human history. It is also the way the majority of restrooms across the globe are as well.

Are these one-holers or multi-toilet restrooms?

What evidence is there to support that as a problem?
Haven't looked, of course most multi-seat bathrooms are segregated, so you wouldn't know. I doubt many would want to cause trouble, anyway, but I always imagined that's what most people were worried about when speaking of mixing sexes.

Men are gross, disgusting creatures in 50 different ways. Women shouldn’t be subjected to our piss and pubes on the floor. There should still be some modesty and privacy between the sexes.

Some of ya’ll need to understand the concept of what it means to be a gentleman. Do you not have wives and daughters?

Haven't looked, of course most multi-seat bathrooms are segregated, so you wouldn't know. I doubt many would want to cause trouble, anyway, but I always imagined that's what most people were worried about when speaking of mixing sexes.
You can’t do enough single seat bathrooms to accommodate a large office.

Men are gross, disgusting creatures in 50 different ways. Women shouldn’t be subjected to our piss and pubes on the floor. There should still be some modesty and privacy between the sexes.

Some of ya’ll need to understand the concept of what it means to be a gentleman. Do you not have wives and daughters?
My wife -- who runs her own business and is thus in charge of the company HQ's bathrooms -- tells me that women are grosser and dirtier in the restroom area than men. FWIW.

Reactions: BelemNole

When I was teaching we had 2 individual bathrooms in the kindergarten room. We thought restroom breaks would be quicker if both bathrooms were available to boys and girls. The only problem was 5 & 6 year old boys have trouble hitting the toilet so both bathrooms were a mess! Needless to say we went back to the old way of segregated bathrooms.

How has that been received? Well, with you for example, do you proceed to enter the bathroom and drop a load if a woman entered directly in front of you? I couldn't.
I've been here about a year now and haven't heard anyone complain about it.

Personally, I'm a shameful shitter myself, so I always try to use a one-holer and when no one (male or female) is around :)

I've been here about a year now and haven't heard anyone complain about it.

Personally, I'm a shameful shitter myself, so I always try to use a one-holer and when no one (male or female) is around :)
That must be difficult at Kinnick!

It’s good the leaders said no to sex but what in the absolute hell were they doing giving him the ok to “betroth” her?!?!?! He had a vision god wanted him to be her spouse?! JFC that is complete trash and some of the dumbest crap I’ve ever heard.

This is not me ripping on a denomination or an entire religion. It’s ripping on a pedophile and the idiotic “leaders” of that church.

Well, I am a Christian and don't really focus or care too much who is going into a public restroom. If a straight, LBGTQ+, Christian, Atheist, legal resident, undocumented immigrant, black, white, what-the-heck-ever person molests a child, that person and that person alone should be held accountable--not the group that most closely resembles the perpetrator.
Then this post is not aimed at your behavior. It is aimed at the conservative, christian right who has demonized the transgender population.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Well, I am a Christian and don't really focus or care too much who is going into a public restroom. If a straight, LBGTQ+, Christian, Atheist, legal resident, undocumented immigrant, black, white, what-the-heck-ever person molests a child, that person and that person alone should be held accountable--not the group that most closely resembles the perpetrator.

That said, I don't think some rando person who "looks" like a male should enter the woman's restroom. I don't think some rando person who "looks" like a female should enter the men's restroom. If you're identifying as a female/male, and don't "look" the part, and you're in a public lockerroom, I think said person should step into a private stall while changing.

@TarponSpringsNole am I off the mark here?

---------------

"have caused considerable harm and heartache to those who do not fit the religious view of how everyone should be/behave."

That's because there's rarely any real discussion about these issues. It's all fear driven, knee jerk reactionary actions.
You’re not off the mark. It would be unnerving for many even if said trans person is 99.8% entering to relieve themselves.

My wife -- who runs her own business and is thus in charge of the company HQ's bathrooms -- tells me that women are grosser and dirtier in the restroom area than men. FWIW.
In high school I worked at K’s Merchandise here in CR. Every night I closed I had to clean the mens and womens restrooms. The women’s was ALWAYS worse than the mens. It was absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: torbee
ADVERTISEMENT