ADVERTISEMENT

Travel Observations. From southern Indiana and southern Ohio

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Great day to travel by car. On our way to Gettysburg from Chicago, via Indianapolis. Southern Indiana and southern Ohio have almost as many “Lion Den” adult stores along the interstate as there are Trump signs. I have fallen in love with the “God Bless Our President” signs with the picture of TRrump with a halo!
Spending a week in PA paying homage to The Union soldiers who fell in Gettysburg in 1863. Maybe a little golf, too.

We went to Gettysburg a couple months ago. Great battlefield to visit, especially for kids. Easy to keep your distance too because you can drive the whole thing.

Great day to travel by car. On our way to Gettysburg from Chicago, via Indianapolis. Southern Indiana and southern Ohio have almost as many “Lion Den” adult stores along the interstate as there are Trump signs. I have fallen in love with the “God Bless Our President” signs with the picture of TRrump with a halo!
Spending a week in PA paying homage to The Union soldiers who fell in Gettysburg in 1863. Maybe a little golf, too.

Try not to tear any statues down.

Try not to tear any statues down.
You think there are any statues of Confeddy traitors in Gettysburg? I would hope not......I am of the US Grant persuasion through....that any and all soldiers and officers who fought for the Confederacy certainly were...and are to this day, traitors To the United States of America.

You think there are any statues of Confeddy traitors in Gettysburg? I would hope not......I am of the US Grant persuasion through....that any and all soldiers and officers who fought for the Confederacy certainly were...and are to this day, traitors To the United States of America.

🙄

Reactions: goldmom
Why would you drive through southern Indiana and southern Ohio going from Chicago to Gettysburg?

Reactions: runkpanole
I think this will be a good trip because of that! It’s always gloomy to get away.
Yeah, and with all the stops, you can choose to get out and walk around or just look from the car. Stop by the visitors center first and get a driving tour map, and make sure you have internet on your phone so you can pull up the videos at each stop, it really enhances the experience.

It's very respectfully executed in relation to those on both sides of the conflict. You'll see as you go what I mean, but it's much better to experience it yourself.

Enjoy! I think we'll take the kids back again in a few years.

Reactions: The Tradition

There are several monuments dedicated to the confederacy. It’s Gettysburg. How can you be this ignorant?

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

Which one did you get the best head at?

Robert E Lee was a great general...you know?

He told his troops not the fight uphill at Gettysburg but they ignored his text messages. The only reason Trump isn’t the current President of the CSA today is because of those losers.

Anyway, please enjoy the history. You know that they say: those who choose to ignore it will continue to vote Republican.

Honestly going down 65, I don't notice it that much. The place were I have noticed it the most is Georgia on I-75. That whole state feels like every sign is either for a church or for a strip club.

Reactions: joelbc1
Honestly going down 65, I don't notice it that much. The place were I have noticed it the most is Georgia on I-75. That whole state feels like every sign is either for a church or for a strip club.
Smells like a business opportunity. Strip club church combo.

Robert E Lee was a great general...you know?

He told his troops not the fight uphill at Gettysburg but they ignored his text messages. The only reason Trump isn’t the current President of the CSA today is because of those losers.

Anyway, please enjoy the history. You know that they say: those who choose to ignore it will continue to vote Republican.
Weird how you make everything about politics.

Grant? Oh yeah, the slave-owning hypocrite who led the union troops into war at the behest of that racist sociopath and power grabbing tyrant; ‘honest’ Abe.

Reactions: farmandfleet
There are several monuments dedicated to the confederacy. It’s Gettysburg. How can you be this ignorant?
Like Grant, I believe Confeddt soldiers were traitors to the USA.....they gave gebefittws greatly from the rewriting of Civil War history since 1900.... as most of the “Civil War historians” have had southern ties and have successfully changed the narrative and slavery and Grant have taken the brunt of the rewrite.

There are like six billboards total on I-75 (three northbound, three southbound) for one strip club south of Macon. That's the entire state.

Now remember our Vice President is a God fearing’ Hoosier!
I honestly didn’t know Lion!s Den was a chain! But I AM old...

I don't believe that he fears God.

Even though I'm theologically conservative I do share in Buttigieg's question on Pence and that is "When did he lose his faith in God? Was it when Donald Trump became the Republican nominee??"

Yeah, and with all the stops, you can choose to get out and walk around or just look from the car. Stop by the visitors center first and get a driving tour map, and make sure you have internet on your phone so you can pull up the videos at each stop, it really enhances the experience.

It's very respectfully executed in relation to those on both sides of the conflict. You'll see as you go what I mean, but it's much better to experience it yourself.

Enjoy! I think we'll take the kids back again in a few years.
I can understand the “respectfulness” for the Confeddy soldiers and officers.....However, it doesn’t change my mindset that those who raised their sword against the Union in the Civil War are in face, by every definition, traitors to the United States. And they lost....they were treated much more justly than they deserved by Lincoln and Grant.

There are like six billboards total on I-75 (three northbound, three southbound) for one strip club south of Macon. That's the entire state.
Yeah, but around Tifton are an awful lot of Aisian massage parlors advertising to truckers.

Have you ever driven I-75 from Atlanta to Florida? I think there’s a Asian massage parlor at every exit for 300 miles. There must be a lot of horny truck drivers on that route.
They don't call that the ketamine corridor for nothing.

In areas where people live, I have noticed that the political signs are split about 50/50, like in towns.....but acrages and farms it is clearly for my President....and the political ads here show a much heavier concentration by Biden here than in Iowa....he and my President are trading ads....

According to Google maps the Chicago to Gettysburg via S Indiana /S. Ohio route vs. Cleveland/Pittsburg turned a 10.5 hour drive into a 17 hour marathon...plus you missed the RR Hall of Fame and Chief Wahoo in Cleveland...
According to Google maps the Chicago to Gettysburg via S Indiana /S. Ohio route vs. Cleveland/Pittsburg turned a 10.5 hour drive into a 17 hour marathon...plus you missed the RR Hall of Fame and Chief Wahoo in Cleveland...
We drove a total of about 11 1/2 hrs. 8 hours on Sunday got us to Washington, PA and then 3 1/2 to Gettysburg....sharing Interstates with trucks that drive too fast is not something I enjoy......much less truck traffic this route....and again....real good roads...just about 20 miles of “construction”...”Mapquest” told us the route we took was about 2 hours longer than the “northern route” which included Chief Wahoo and the victorious Cleveland Browns!

Give a review of your Gettysburg visit. Have always wanted to go

I think Gettysburg would be an appropriate place for Confederate memorials. City’s...not so much

ADVERTISEMENT