ADVERTISEMENT

Trends from yesterday: best teams had significant contributions from transfers, and a mobile QB

curtisj57

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2008
Not necessarily a running qb, but someone with mobility enough to extend a play or run for some yardage if everything breaks down.

Embrace the portal or embrace the suck.
It would help if we had a freakin’ offense that kids actually want to play for. Not our pile of crap offense that is best featured on “Fails of the week”.

Iowa St sucks regurgitated rhino bile.

Why is Kirk content with a mediocre or worse offense? One excuse always was demographics and we have to accept that this is a developmental program as we can’t get any high rated recruits. I have never bought this excuse. Given a good coaching staff on the offensive side, Iowa could have a decent offense.

Unless you have a Tom Brady type qb taking the snaps, you absolutely need a guy that can scramble, not get sacked, and god forbid maybe even pick up that 3rd and 7 with his feet.

Reactions: curtisj57
Why is Kirk content with a mediocre or worse offense? One excuse always was demographics and we have to accept that this is a developmental program as we can’t get any high rated recruits. I have never bought this excuse. Given a good coaching staff on the offensive side, Iowa could have a decent offense.
The answer is obvious - KF doesn't f*cking care. He cares that he's untouchable, in charge, that he gave his boy a $900,000 gig and his son-in-law another good gig, and that he can do whatever he wants with no consequences. Creating a good offense is hard work that would require him to hire coaches that aren't his kid or yes-men to run well. Why would he do that?

Reactions: Buffhawk
The answer is obvious - KF doesn't f*cking care. He cares that he's untouchable, in charge, that he gave his boy a $900,000 gig and his son-in-law another good gig, and that he can do whatever he wants with no consequences. Creating a good offense is hard work that would require him to hire coaches that aren't his kid or yes-men to run well. Why would he do that?
Look, I’m just as critical of Kirk as anyone on this board, but this idea he doesn’t care about winning and being competitive is ridiculous. You can disagree with his personnel decisions and question his competency when it comes to offense (I certainly do), but I have no doubts about his competitiveness and desire to win.

Is he stubborn and arrogant? Probably. But lazy and indifferent? No.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Look, I’m just as critical of Kirk as anyone on this board, but this idea he doesn’t care about winning and being competitive is ridiculous. You can disagree with his personnel decisions and question his competency when it comes to offense (I certainly do), but I have no doubts about his competitiveness and desire to win.

Is he stubborn and arrogant? Probably. But lazy and indifferent? No.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit, but I have absolutely no doubt that winning football games is not nearly as important to him as it used to be. 47-year-old KF with a modest contract and still trying to prove himself would not put up with this sh*t on the offensive side of the ball one iota. There is no way anyone could convince me that protecting BF and his $900,000 gig is not more important to KF than winning football games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT