ADVERTISEMENT

Trevor Lauck OL from Indiana commits via Twitter

Iowa has had three good line classes. Proctor would make for a huge class. The young line will be better this year than last, and probably dominant in two more seasons.

I was looking at the roster and depth chart today and thinking the same thing. the only real "elder statesmen" look to be Britt and DeJong/Plumb. looks like a LOT of talent in that 2021 class that I sure hope can contribute this year.

does anybody have a feel for who the center is to be yet? maybe it will be decided in fall camp.

I was looking at the roster and depth chart today and thinking the same thing. the only real "elder statesmen" look to be Britt and DeJong/Plumb. looks like a LOT of talent in that 2021 class that I sure hope can contribute this year.

does anybody have a feel for who the center is to be yet? maybe it will be decided in fall camp.

It appears to me that Britt/Plumb/DeJong are the least talented. I suspect Davidkov pushes past Plumb and DeJong at tackle and Stephens will jump Britt once it's the 3rd game of the season and Britt is already injured.

Agree that the decision on center is coming down to fall camp. I don't think it will be Elsbury. I see him as what the NFL calls a high-level reserve capable of playing maybe all five positions. I've also heard that Volk is a bulldozer. The Jones Myslinski battle should be a good one.

It appears to me that Britt/Plumb/DeJong are the least talented. I suspect Davidkov pushes past Plumb and DeJong at tackle and Stephens will jump Britt once it's the 3rd game of the season and Britt is already injured.

Agree that the decision on center is coming down to fall camp. I don't think it will be Elsbury. I see him as what the NFL calls a high-level reserve capable of playing maybe all five positions. I've also heard that Volk is a bulldozer. The Jones Myslinski battle should be a good one.
It will be interesting, Plumb showed a lot of improvement over the last 6-7 games last season and OL Coach Barnett spoke confidently about him during spring practice. Britt has always been considered a good talent and if he can stay healthy he could be excellent. DeJong was very inexperienced heading into last season and could still show a lot of improvement. We have a lot of good OL prospects to work withand I wouldn't rule out any of them.

OL Commit I just saw on Twitter

Damn, a 4 Star Offensive Lineman?

1254172884282.jpg

It will be interesting, Plumb showed a lot of improvement over the last 6-7 games last season and OL Coach Barnett spoke confidently about him during spring practice. Britt has always been considered a good talent and if he can stay healthy he could be excellent. DeJong was very inexperienced heading into last season and could still show a lot of improvement. We have a lot of good OL prospects to work withand I wouldn't rule out any of them.
Britt could be really good but he just cannot stay on the field. My premise is when he goes down this year there's a better player ready to take the spot than there has been previously. No one is going to dislodge Richman and Colby.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08

Elsbury will start at the other guard spot opposite of Colby. My prediction.

It will be interesting. As others have said, Colby and Richman appear to be the only locks at this point. There could be others, just none of us has seen it to date. Future looks very bright on the OL (that is great), I am a bit concerned about this year's OL just because many guys who will be counted on to play just haven't played much. They may be talented, but rarely is the player who steps in with no hiccups along the way.

It will be interesting. As others have said, Colby and Richman appear to be the only locks at this point. There could be others, just none of us has seen it to date. Future looks very bright on the OL (that is great), I am a bit concerned about this year's OL just because many guys who will be counted on to play just haven't played much. They may be talented, but rarely is the player who steps in with no hiccups along the way.

Yes the young talented ones have to sink or swim eventually. The fall camp battles will be intense to say the least. The talent is in the pipeline I hope for relatively decent health.

Great pick up for the Hawks. Interesting he had a very high opinion of Barnett. I think he will prove to be an excellent OL coach.

Reactions: natchrlman
Really nice pick up. 6'6" and 287, turns into 6'6" and 310 really easily under Iowa's strength and conditioning program. Hell, he could be 300lbs by the time he gets to Iowa. These guys are athletic too. With Colby playing right away...I think it shows how good these kids are just coming out of high school...Lauck looks like a Colby clone.

Boy...you add Proctor to this class and there are going to be some epic battles next fall for playing time.

Zero offers from ISU MN or ne??? Weird!!

It's obvious that ISU recruits higher caliber players than Iowa under Campbell, and especially now that the B12 has expanded to include schools from nearly coast to coast (it'll be AMERICA'S CONFERENCE for sure!) and will soon pass the B10.

Iowa State has left the loser organization of research institutions called the AAU, which Iowa still associates with.

I get my news from the QCN - QAnon Cyclone Network - because the mainstream media simply cannot be trusted, nor can experts nor science. And on my deathbed, I will achieve total consciousness, so i've got that going for me, which is nice.

does anybody have a feel for who the center is to be yet? maybe it will be decided in fall camp

It's hard to know how the Center position will shake out, I assumed with the move of Logan Jones from DL to OL-C for spring practice that perhaps he had the inside track, but who knows for sure. I could easily see Elsbury or Myslinski stepping in, but clearly there is an open competition for playing time this fall.

They seem to really want Jones to win the job. If Myslinski can get healthy he may compete as well....

Not a crazy prediction. I've heard Elsbury made big strides, especially at guard. There really is only one guy on the line that is secure in his position, Richman. Colby is sure to start but might see a change in position (although I hope not). The other three spots are pretty wide open.

ADVERTISEMENT